Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thoughts on race changes if they go live....Most fav option for Mag?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Yea,its maintenance…..bored so why not ask silly questions? Never know what you might read!
Ok, so lets say the proposed Race Changes go thru live as planned.....what do people think will be the most favourable choices for say, mag dps? Try and steer away from "meta" and offer up your creative thoughts/views on this. Or just reply with Kitty OP!!! I'm easy either way....have fun!
Edited by Joxer61 on February 11, 2019 11:32AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as people are screaming about the changes and shifts in the meta I don't see a majority switching races, I think most people will stick with their characters and just be frustrated/complain about the changes.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see a mass change of Altmer characters switching to Khajiit characters. I do see a lot of changes for tanks though, as I know many people have Argonian tanks because they were considered the best, this is one I feel people made just for those bonuses rather than the desire to play an Argonian.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton by a long shot. The sustain is that good. Outside of tests, Altmer and Khajiit will have lesser DPS in long fights. Breton can almost infinitely sustain.
    Edited by susmitds on February 11, 2019 11:48AM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton or Dunmer/Khajit. Breton if I'm dead set on being a magicka class, Dunmer or Khajit if I'm not sure so I have the option of switching between stamina and magicka.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Breton or Dunmer/Khajit. Breton if I'm dead set on being a magicka class, Dunmer or Khajit if I'm not sure so I have the option of switching between stamina and magicka.

Any special reason why? Or is it like the post above....sustain that good, or will be? And can that be that important? Just curious inquiries...
    Edited by Joxer61 on February 11, 2019 2:49PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My DK will go from Dunmer to Breton with things as they are now. The sustain is too good to pass up IMO.

I have an Altmer Warden that I am thinking about turning into a Nord.

I may change my Redguard Templar to Orc as well, but that is only if Orc doesn't get the 1000 health taken away before PTS ends.
    Playing since beta...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »

Any special reason why? Or is it like the post above....sustain that good, or will be? And can that be that important? Just curious inquiries...

Sustain plus the racial passive for extra magicka resistances. I really want to try switching from wearing heavy armor in pvp to light armor as a healer but am worried about survivability. Survivability as a pvp healer is the first requirement before stepping into a battleground, more important than any healing output.

The breton extra survivability looks to me like I'll be able to get away with light armor. So it'd be Altmer with heavy vs Breton with light, so the extra sustain will be a lot more than just what the class passives say. I'll also be able to put a poison or disease resists rune on my jewellery because I won't need the regen as much.

It'll be light + breton regen + breton reduction in ability cost+ poison/disease resists on a ring vs altmer in heavy. Looks like a no brainer to me, but it's always hard to guess how it'll pan out until I'm playing it on live, but am pretty sure that's the way it'll go.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit, Breton, Altmer, Dunmer and even Argonian - pick whatever you like.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As much as people are screaming about the changes and shifts in the meta I don't see a majority switching races, I think most people will stick with their characters and just be frustrated/complain about the changes.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see a mass change of Altmer characters switching to Khajiit characters. I do see a lot of changes for tanks though, as I know many people have Argonian tanks because they were considered the best, this is one I feel people made just for those bonuses rather than the desire to play an Argonian.

This. I refuse to change my Altmer to a Cat. My Argonian tank on the other hand, that will be changed.
    vFG1 HM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free race changes...so going to see a lot of bretons and less high elves.
    Edited by Tasear on February 11, 2019 10:37PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton becomes a no brainier for 99% of people. The sustain is just too good to pass up, especially considering they pull similar damage to all the other magic races. Unless you know your support is going to be perfect (prob less than 50 people in the whole game can say that), Breton is the clear winner.

As to my thoughts, I will say what I have said on every other thread. From a balance point, these changes are mostly good overall (I do hate the new Dunmer). But the way they are handling them is a huge slap in the face. Non of the meta races are going to be the same except maybe healers (breton is the no brainer here as well). If you have a min/maxed DPS spec of any class, you need to change your race on patch day if you want to stay min/maxed. Most people that are halfway serious about endgame DPS have at least 10 toons (a stam and magic of each class). Therefore, after the 3 free tokens, ZOS is asking people to spend between 21k (7 toons) and 36k crowns (12 toons) on patch day to stay in the same spot they where in. It's a horrible decision. Race changes should be free for a week after patch, they can keep their tokens.

At last count, I currently want to change at least 12 of my toons, so that will cost me 27k crowns.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer mages will remain BiS for cute. What else matters?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Breton by a long shot. The sustain is that good. Outside of tests, Altmer and Khajiit will have lesser DPS in long fights. Breton can almost infinitely sustain.

This. The sustain outweighs the spell damage bonus. One spell damage glyph covers the spell damage passive, compared to a 5 piece sustain set to match the Breton's regen. Both for PVE and PVP.

Altmer niche builds, for example a Templar stacking damage reduction.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok but wait....whats gonna change so drastically that no one will run a Dark Elf for say a Magplar? Why dump em? Breton and/or Khajit "that" much better? surely not.....???
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elves lovers will get buff to their favourite races before final patch drop in.

Hardly anyone is going to change race, almost every race is competitive in one way to another.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Ok but wait....whats gonna change so drastically that no one will run a Dark Elf for say a Magplar? Why dump em? Breton and/or Khajit "that" much better? surely not.....???

People are exaggerating. Altmer, Dunmer, Breton and Khajiit are all very similar and totally fine for Magicka DPS.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I agree with this.

Especially since most of what I have seen is people want their favorite race buffed because they want it buffed. As it stands racial passives are balanced pretty well so buffing one race or another does not make sense to me.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to race change my Altmer main, but I'm leveling a Breton magSorc atm for other reasons. It will be awesome to play once it's finished. The sustain will be unmatched.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton becomes a no brainier for 99% of people. The sustain is just too good to pass up, especially considering they pull similar damage to all the other magic races. Unless you know your support is going to be perfect (prob less than 50 people in the whole game can say that), Breton is the clear winner.

As to my thoughts, I will say what I have said on every other thread. From a balance point, these changes are mostly good overall (I do hate the new Dunmer). But the way they are handling them is a huge slap in the face. Non of the meta races are going to be the same except maybe healers (breton is the no brainer here as well). If you have a min/maxed DPS spec of any class, you need to change your race on patch day if you want to stay min/maxed. Most people that are halfway serious about endgame DPS have at least 10 toons (a stam and magic of each class). Therefore, after the 3 free tokens, ZOS is asking people to spend between 21k (7 toons) and 36k crowns (12 toons) on patch day to stay in the same spot they where in. It's a horrible decision. Race changes should be free for a week after patch, they can keep their tokens.

At last count, I currently want to change at least 12 of my toons, so that will cost me 27k crowns.
    If 300 dps on an 60K parse is critical for you yes.
    However this would leave most classes irrelevant anyway. An Orc magblade outdps any magDK on the huge 4.3.1. parse test.

You are correct about Breton, sustain races are easier to play especially in pug environment. This is true even if a bit weaker in an raid environment.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.