The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Billing address error, can't buy or register game

Vysirez
Vysirez
I had been attempting to buy a copy of the digital imperial edition from the ESO store all evening. Whenever I attempted to purchase a copy of the game, once I entered my CC I would get an error indicating there was some problem with my billing address. There was no problem with my address, I tried a few times. I also tried using Paypal, and just got an error at the paypal site and kicked back to the ESO store.

After getting what looks to be form responses from the CS ticket I opened I got tired of trying to buy the game from the ESO store, and I bought a copy from Green Man Gaming, I used the exact same address and CC number I tried to use at the ESO store and it worked fine. Once I got the code from GMG, I tried to register it with ESO, only to find that I had to use the exact same billing interface I had been having trouble with to register my CC info for the subscriptions. I got the exact same errors when I tried to register my CC. So I now have a digital edition of the game, but I can't register it with my account. I have sent this info in a CS ticket, but I don't really expect anything useful since the first two responses I got had very little to actually do with my question/problem.

I figured I would try posting here in case someone would have some advice.
  • Zirq
    Zirq
    ✭✭
    I was having this problem earlier, and someone else figured out it's something about Firefox. If you're using Firefox, Chrome and IE have both been verified to work past this issue.
    Options
  • Vysirez
    Vysirez
    Thanks, that appears to have worked, I haven't gotten in game yet, but it let me finish the process and my account shows the game now. I wish I had posted something hours ago, rather then waiting on CS. Just for clarity, I was using Firefox and used IE and it went though fine.
    Edited by Vysirez on April 4, 2014 6:32AM
    Options
  • Jionni
    Jionni
    I recently had the same problem. After the 6th attempt of "Please try again" I got confirmation that I had purchased the game, however to my surprise my bank card was charged 6 times $89.34 totaling $512. The customer service was very friendly and are sorting out the matter now but I suggest you check your account balance as a precaution. I am using Chrome.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue because I was entering my apartment number as J, which it is, instead of "apt J" which is how it is in my billing info with the bank.

Check that first.
    Options
  • moonshinemicky
    Jionni wrote: »
    I recently had the same problem. After the 6th attempt of "Please try again" I got confirmation that I had purchased the game, however to my surprise my bank card was charged 6 times $89.34 totaling $512. The customer service was very friendly and are sorting out the matter now but I suggest you check your account balance as a precaution. I am using Chrome.

I hope this isn't the case for everyone that has tried to get past the billing address error multiple times (without realizing firefox is an invalid browser to use). I'm just trying to enter my sub method without luck.

When I switch to chrome will I have to wait in queue again I wonder.

Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jionni wrote: »

I hope this isn't the case for everyone that has tried to get past the billing address error multiple times (without realizing firefox is an invalid browser to use). I'm just trying to enter my sub method without luck.

When I switch to chrome will I have to wait in queue again I wonder.
    I wasnt charged multiple times.

I used firefox as well
    Options
  • rachelstoolbox
    I have to disagree with this not being an issue in Chrome, same issue has occurred in Chrome, IE, and Firefox for me.
    Edited by rachelstoolbox on April 7, 2014 3:22AM
    Options
  • Diemag
    Diemag
    The problem persists, and i have no internaciontal card. I'm brazilian and the paypall doesnt accept my card either. I cant play, and i buy the game before the beta starts... Whats is funny, cause when i buy it promisses 30 days includes and i cant play even one more day before the early access ends. because i dont have a international card.
    Options
  • Rouge_Sword
    Rouge_Sword
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried this for days, got the same error every time. Tried Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and IE. Customer service will not respond to me.
    Edited by Rouge_Sword on April 8, 2014 6:26PM
    Options