Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

program crashes every time I try to log into a character in Cyrodiil

faluciousub17_ESO
ESO crashed while I was playing in Cyrodiil. It has subsequently crashed 6 times, the last four while logging into the character I was playing when the first crash happened, the character who is now stuck in Cyrodiil. I can't play the game at all.

edit: 8 times
additional edit: I can log onto characters who aren't in Cyrodiil. I love this game, but it frustrates me to no end that this entire zone is broken, this ought to have been fixed in beta. Sloppy.
Edited by faluciousub17_ESO on April 3, 2014 1:19AM
Our sugar is yours, friend.
  • mozi
    mozi
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing is happening to me. Can't play my main character because of this. Kind of frustrating. Guess I'll make a new toon since I'm also really enjoying the game sans all the bugs and crashes.
    Options
  • faluciousub17_ESO
    Screw playing my toon, I want to play the game I paid for.
    Our sugar is yours, friend.
    Options
  • Tabkey
    Tabkey
    I too, am unable to load into my character that is stuck in Cyrodiil. I've never been one to play alts, so this pretty much puts a damper on my night.
    Options
  • Justintime328b14_ESO
    Same thing happening here , have limited time to play cause of work so its pretty frustrating.
    Options
  • Jahoel
    Jahoel
    ✭✭✭
    Yep stuck there now myself
    Options
  • samhartleyb16_ESO
    Having same problem. I logged out in Cyrodiil last night and this morning i can't get past the Cyrodiil loading screen.
    Options
  • Valison
    Valison
    ✭✭
    This is a problem that has been going since beta (not fixed yet), what I always do to sort of limit the chance of crashing when logging in is every time I have finished playing, before I logout I port out of Cyrodiil to the main game. Loading into Cyrodiil is a lottery at the moment - you either get stuck on loading screen, get an unknown error and it logs you out, you can get a crash (most of the time), and on the odd occasion it actually does what it's supposed to do.
    Options
  • fryer101
    fryer101
    Im getting the same issue where i can log into the game but the moment it loads up it just says "Fatal Error" Nothing more in the error message. It then asks me to describe what was going on when this happened. I did it twice before i tried to log on again and again with the same result i didnt decide to describe the events every time. I have tried to run the Diagnostic tool they have but that said everything is fine. This also appears to be an issue with just the one character if i make another i can play on that fine. BUT this did not happen in Cyrodill this happened in the first Orc Area i cant remember its name now.
    Options
  • ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS administration, let's get busy getting this fixed please. I too am stuck in Cyro. Unacceptable.
    Options
  • fryer101
    fryer101
    fryer101 wrote: »
    Im getting the same issue where i can log into the game but the moment it loads up it just says "Fatal Error" Nothing more in the error message. It then asks me to describe what was going on when this happened. I did it twice before i tried to log on again and again with the same result i didnt decide to describe the events every time. I have tried to run the Diagnostic tool they have but that said everything is fine. This also appears to be an issue with just the one character if i make another i can play on that fine. BUT this did not happen in Cyrodill this happened in the first Orc Area i cant remember its name now.

My issue was fixed when i uninstalled the game. No help from Support at all even though it said a 1 hour wait its been 4-5 hours now and no help.

Options
  • ownedbydevil
    i installed hole 30gig, on download, 3 times now.. i did even go store, buy new HDD, installed pure Win7 ... and game again.. did change admins etc, like they say... I get stuck, i have to wait some ammount time?!? that char comes back to orc island... So basicly i can run, fight do funny stuff in island, i CANT go any of the instances there.. otherhand, i was in the "sand city" early stage.. there i could go and do all, no freez, no bug. I contacted to support.. they just cant help. Its real bug, freezing in change of land/instance. There has to be common "idea" what is making it.. i can say for sure, its not my computer "speed".
    Options
  • milamber
    milamber
    It maybe that the campaign you logged out of is full when you came back to the game, and you char waiting in the campaign queue, I had the same problem and a friend on mumble checked and there was a lock on my campain
    Options
  • hackspettb16_ESO
    I hope they will have a time-out or option that makes it possible to choose to log in to the ordinary world when Cyrodiil is full.
    Options