The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who would win in pvp

SunBroDesion
SunBroDesion
✭✭
Just wondering what everyone thinks about these 3 classes in pvp.

Who would win in pvp 133 votes

Mag Dk
45%
SolarikenkaithuzarMalnutritionYakidafiDavadindanno8CheloAektannRajajshkaNutshotzTommy83copitoOwnNoctusPhatzLewtzKBKBEirellaStrider__RoshinRebornV3xSwiftnoodle 61 votes
Magplar
35%
GedericKhivas_CarrickDracaneMalthornevalidifyedneb18_ESODemonDruagaIlluvatarrLumsdenmlSteelshivmarkhalliday8Sleep724ku5hChunkyCatAyrsBeardimuspsychotic13KaraBela94IlCanis_LupuslIVapirkoAki-Ral 47 votes
Mag Sorc
18%
GilvothIruil_ESORikumaruSavos_SarentechnohicSparkAshamrayRagnaroek93SorisMinnoCyrusAryaAlfie2072happyhughes2001Murador178CheckmathDatthawArgelornDonny_VitoESO_NightingaleRukzadlithau 25 votes
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    #Pyrocancer
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    This is a tough call. Assuming even skill and perfect conditions, no cheese set ups, I think magplar would eventually win because they can purge the dots and they can get around wings with jabs. But I a good mag DK could also run the magplar out of stamina. But I think BoL is jsut so strong 1v1.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more skill fill player
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Does the sorc play with twillight? If he does sorc should win.
    Edited by Murador178 on February 9, 2019 11:31AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    i chose magsorc. i've been killed by them many times. see them more often. but MAN it is annoying to use their execute. it's barely functional on a moving target.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 9, 2019 11:45AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Of course petsorc. Zoo-oo!
    A normal sorc is in line with both magplar and mDK, I guess.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer: The nightblade who waits cloaked until the two combatants get within execute range.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Mag DK, but only if they are "pro". Though a stam DK would be better (despite what the forums claim).
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    LordTareq wrote: »
    The answer: The nightblade who waits cloaked until the two combatants get within execute range.

You mean the same nightblade that ran from you earlier before you could finish them in a 1v1, only to lie in wait to sneak attack you when you've turned your attention to another player? THAT Nightblade?
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 9, 2019 2:24PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Just wondering what everyone thinks about these 3 classes in pvp.

I voted DK because they can just CC a magplar to death.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 9, 2019 2:27PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    MagDK is strong in a way that can not be said about other classes.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone would win. After 15 minutes of no one dying, the zerg would appear and whoever is on the opposing faction would be Xv1, go splat and teabagged. The other guy be like, "STOP PLZ DUEL". But zero *** was given that day, because red means dead!

Magicka v.s magicka and especially templar and DK being tank-oriented because meta, makes 1v1 boring and take forever. For someone to die in reasonable time, one of them needs to have at least moderate l2p issues.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    If the Sorcerer uses pets, he should be able to win against the DK, especially when using force shock.
    However magicka Templar hard counters Sorcerer with their purge and prevents them from ever finishing their rotation and they also purge most of the damage that DK has.

So yes, definately magicka Templar in really any scenario.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Sorc can beat both if they are stupid enough to chass but a good templar can beat most builds, as it has a counter for pretty much everything from dots to direct damage. Aslong as they utelize los or have a limited area(think duels) to play in they should win.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really too bad that they can't all lose ;)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Any could win, but it shoooould be magplar. I wouldn't be surprised to see a stalemate between Magplar and Sorc.
    Magplar has the tools to deny the Sorc's burst, but likewise may be lacking it's own burst to take down the Sorc.

We've all won matchups against the odds (magdk beating magplar), but that's how things should play out.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really depends on the player
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer :P
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Flap flap Dot dot, dash
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    depends really but
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Magplar beats DK which beats Sorc which beats Magplar

The Ouroborous.

Realistically, it depends completely on player, build, and context. Any of these classes can beat any of these classes. At the highest levels of play in strictly 1v1s, with the pets the Mag Sorc would be dominant, without pets it would be the DK. It’s extremely close though because Magplar can be quite competitive with both.

Ultimately, all three specs are extremely strong if played right, they just differ in delivery. Having played all three in Murkmire, Matriarch Sorc feels the most powerful overall.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Pet sorc would *** off the opponent so bad he would just quit the game.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Close between magdk and magplar i choose dk
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 10, 2019 1:31AM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    The DK double CC spam is stronk.

But godplars are stronk too.

Edit: But then the MagSorc comes in and steals the kill with an Endless Fury spam.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on February 10, 2019 1:33AM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Petsorc should win, no surprise here to be honest (especially after the next patch).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    It's kind of interesting. DK will reflect a lot of sorc stuff, templar will purge magplar DOTs, Templar is not bursty enough to take down shields. TBH; the damage from each of them have some counters from each.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DK double CC spam is stronk.

But godplars are stronk too.

Edit: But then the MagSorc comes in and steals the kill with an Endless Fury spam.

Talons and Petrify ? Different timers ?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Mag DK, but only if they are "pro". Though a stam DK would be better (despite what the forums claim).

lol wut? StamDK feels quite at the bottom of the food chain here.

and im one of them, so i know.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Tfw Magplar isn't the highest voted. They're OP AF
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!