Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Bookshelf's for VR+ Broken?

awkwarrd
awkwarrd
✭✭✭
I have opened every single bookshelf i have come across while running VR+ content in the AD's faction area, i enter every house and click all the bookshelf's i come across.
Every pub dungeon i click all the bookshelf's.
Basically if i see a bookshelf i will open it.

I have not received any skill exp from any of the bookshelf's since i started the VR+ quest line, none.
I noticed i was not benefiting from the bookshelf's about 3/4 up the map in Auridon.
I thought i should have definitely received a skill boost in something by now.

Everyone who has done the Auridon zone knows there are alot of bookshelf's in this zone, from pub dungeons with skyshards, to almost every building in towns and the many other places.
I would have at minimum, clicked 50+ bookshelf's at this point, with no gains that i have seen.

Soo..
Is this bugged?
or
Are bookshelf's not intended to function for VR+ content?
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this thread got buried fast.
    Options
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    To bump.. or not to bump..
    Options
  • Frough
    Frough
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the Pact and I didn't get a skill up from bookshelves at all from 45-50. When I hit VR1, I got my first skill up for a while. I think that's just how it is. Your issue may have merit, but not seeing others noticing it just yet.
    Options
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    I never had a problem with bookshelf's until i hit Veteran Rank 1, i continued along the quest chain which takes you into another faction's area, and from there, nothing.

Have no received 1 single skill up from all the bookshelf's i'v opened.
    Options
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    [SOLVED -i think]
    Ok i finally managed to get into a conversation with a bloke in-game who had experience with this and had looked into it.
    Player: b]Olaf Hurric[/b

He told me that the zone's books are all mirrored, so if you check the lorebooks and the fighters and mages guild books, if you picked them up in your faction starting zone, then you will not be able to get exp when you pick them up in any of the other faction zones when cruising through the Veteran Rank quests.
    And if you cannot see them, then you already picked them up in your started faction zone.

So each faction does NOT have their own individual books, so skill exp gained is only from books you did not pickup.
    Same with LOREBOOKS.

Which makes sense..
    How many books can the DEV's write up and not go insane.. really..

I hope this helps someone else in the future that comes across this aswell.
    Edited by awkwarrd on April 8, 2014 5:23PM
    Options