The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of PvP early 2019

Tyvarra
Tyvarra
✭✭✭
I rarely speak in the forums nowadays but there are things I want to say. Its about something we are telling ZOS for years and with Wrobel gone I try once more to get ZOS attention to the matter.
But first 2 screenshots:
39911b-1548581790.png
Sotha Sil late sunday morning, EU server
639c2b-1548581839.png
EP has a lot more players for hours but neither AD nor DC got the low population bonus.

Its not about the population bonus I'm complaining its about the population imbalance. Sure u can win a campaign with the low population bonus applying all the time but some ppl dont care about winning or losing. I WANT TO HAVE FUN WHILE I PLAY.

Despite the bad performance during the PvP event I had sooooo much fun just because player numbers where even and there was a constant back and forth and good fights. Now this is NOT PvP its "zerg vs player". And this is definetly NOT fun.

So pls ZOS I beg of you, reconsider a dynamic queue system. Or think about something else I dont care. But CHANGE it. I'm really really tired of this. Its just aweful.

Maybe you guys have some ideas how ZOS could work on the problem of popluation imbalance.

Edited by Tyvarra on January 27, 2019 9:54AM
Please fix the game!
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD morning caps on Vivec, EP does so on Sotha and DC is still sleeping because they zerg Vivec into unplayability with their trash guilds every night.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    AD morning caps on Vivec, EP does so on Sotha and DC is still sleeping because they zerg Vivec into unplayability with their trash guilds every night.

Yes its the same with AD on vivec. That shouldnt be possible. All people would have much more fun if it were even.
    Please fix the game!
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »
    I rarely speak in the forums nowadays but there are things I want to say. Its about something we are telling ZOS for years and with Wrobel gone I try once more to get ZOS attention to the matter.
    But first 2 screenshots:
    39911b-1548581790.png
    639c2b-1548581839.png
    EP has a lot more players for hours but neither AD nor DC got the low population bonus.

Its not about the population bonus I'm complaining its about the population imbalance. Sure u can win a campaign with the low population bonus applying all the time but some ppl dont care about winning or losing. I WANT TO HAVE FUN WHILE I PLAY.

Despite the bad performance during the PvP event I had sooooo much fun just because player numbers where even and there was a constant back and forth and good fights. Now this is NOT PvP its "zerg vs player". And this is definetly NOT fun.

So pls ZOS I beg of you, reconsider a dynamic queue system. Or think about something else I dont care. But CHANGE it. I'm really really tired of this. Its just aweful.

Maybe you guys have some ideas how ZOS could work on the problem of popluation imbalance.

Well your first problem is you were barking up the wrong tree if you thought Wrobel had anything to do with this. This issue is a Brian Wheeler issue. =) There are 10's if not 100's of posts about population imbalance. Way's to fix it, ways to change it, ways to improve faction loyalty. The system is totally flawed and ZoS has no intention of fixing it. Once you come to grips with that, you'll have much better piece of mind and a happy time playing. I don't know what else to say unless a Dev comes in here and says differently =(
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    @Dreyloch I totally agree with you. there are 100's of posts about this. but I just needed to say it and I dont want ZOS to think we would forget about it. something needs to change. and you cant just hope for things to change on their own...
    thats my motivation behind that post.
    Please fix the game!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title should be "State of PvP for 5 Years"
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »
    But first 2 screenshots:
    39911b-1548581790.png
    639c2b-1548581839.png

Groups have too much advantage when fighting solo players or smaller groups. Cirodiil will never be fixed until that advantage persists.

A solution would be to have more skills like hidden blade. But more powerful, maybe that would bounce more often. That will force zerg groups to split.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Groups have too much advantage when fighting solo players or smaller groups.

Working as intended.

20 players all spamming an AoE that does 5k damage per tick should outdamage a single player spamming dizzying swing.

If you want to duel, go to Wayrest.
    If you want small vs small, go to battlegrounds.
    If you want to fight zergs, Cyrodiil is it.

I'm not saying that I like this (all the time), but that's the way it's always been, and it's very likely that this won't ever change.

If one player should be able to kill 20 others, how can that be considered balanced? Seriously - propose something that makes sense for everyone..

Edited by Crown on January 29, 2019 7:20PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always wondered what would happen if there was a campaign that just placed players into whichever alliance needed more players - regardless of the toon's alliance. A theoretical no-alliance campaign that always had equal numbers fighting constantly above ground (no IC gates).
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    I always wondered what would happen if there was a campaign that just placed players into whichever alliance needed more players - regardless of the toon's alliance. A theoretical no-alliance campaign that always had equal numbers fighting constantly above ground (no IC gates).

Would be fun. Its your choice to join that campaign so no whining about "then I cant play with my friends". And sometimes its even fun playing against your friends. I would like to try that.
    Please fix the game!
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    We all say we want balance, but I think what we actually want is to win.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    Ad from Vivec go to Sotha ---- Ep from Sotha go to Vivec . Maybe that's a part of the solution.
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    steven22 wrote: »
    Ad from Vivec go to Sotha ---- Ep from Sotha go to Vivec . Maybe that's a part of the solution.

Or merging the servers so they have to face eachother, and remove nocp while we're at it :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

true
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    steven22 wrote: »

Or merging the servers so they have to face eachother, and remove nocp while we're at it :trollface:

Don't know if the EU servers in the current state would survive that o:)
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would have, and maybe a small chance it still could, fix itself with an increase in the game's pvp population, whether new or returning. An rvr game shouldn't have to waste development time and energy to counter nightcapping as it's only a problem when a campaign, a whole game in this instance, no longer has the population throughout a day to offset it by themselves. When you send mixed messages to a tiny and underfunded, 1 pvp dev? lol, don't expect anything productive to ever happen.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

Working as intended.

20 players all spamming an AoE that does 5k damage per tick should outdamage a single player spamming dizzying swing.

I'm not saying that I like this (all the time), but that's the way it's always been, and it's very likely that this won't ever change.

If one player should be able to kill 20 others, how can that be considered balanced? Seriously - propose something that makes sense for everyone..

Here is the other solution then....introduce friendly fire....and lets see then 20 players spamming AOE.

If one player is able to kill 20 then there is something wrong with that 20 players...either they are new to the game...or not properly build or geared up.

In my experience as a solo player, 2 good players always kill me. A group of 5 new players cannot kill me and i can kill them with a little bit of kiting.

Big zergs is a waste of players time imo. Neither zerg players have a challenge nor the players that got in their way.

And to your suggestions of what should i do in PVP....I'm not down for dueling as it requires a specific build based on lots of self heals, sustain and mitigation it is not quite mobile nor bursty, it is interesting for few fights only.
    I'm not down for small vs small as it is usually a 4v1 most of the time which means easy kills and it ends up quite quickly with a wipe in a 4 vs zerg fight. Not down for BGs either as it is all about BG goals...do it quickly till you die....then re-spawn and repeat...

The most enjoyable play-style i find is to go open-world-solo. There you have to build your character to be mobile, bursty, sustainable and tanky....of course you cannot have all of them maxed out....you have to trade in some of them for others.

And i look at zergs as at a hurricane, it changes the map's layout and there is nothing you can do...i just fish around it for solo encounters when it is near me.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 30, 2019 6:19PM
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they had a campaign where the faction assignment was random when you queue for the group. Sure you could cheese it, but I'm hoping most people would just stick on the side that is assigned. Maybe lock them to that faction for the day.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be great to help balance populations but would kill the current campaign scoring system. Let's be honest though, the campaign scoring system has always been broken. Might as well scrape it.

I think this would be nice but they would need to make a few changes...
    1. Restrict group size to 12
    2. If you are in a group, (Duo, Small Man, Large Guild) all members are put into the same alliance.
    3. The Queue keeps track of group sizes in each alliance and tries to even them out.
      • AD = 2 groups of 12 & Solos
      • DC = 3 groups of 6 & Solos
      • EP = No Groups - all solos
        The next groups to join would be put on EP until the groups evened out.

Really this is the concept of battlegrounds but in an open world environment. This would help make the pirate faction one step closer to reality. When you queue in you can end up fighting anyone :)

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Working as intended.

one player should be able to outrun many ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wrote a few ideas and then just thought of all the snarky replies from ball zergers who think that ball-zerging is the end-game of PVP....
    So I deleted them and thought I'd just leave a :/ to describe PVP in 2019.
    It's truly getting to be a sack of *** - between the terrible performance, extra lag from AOE ball groups, perma-combat, no mounting, can't swap skills, crashing on teleport and faction hopping turds - its an absolute *** show.

• Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭

This would be great to help balance populations but would kill the current campaign scoring system. Let's be honest though, the campaign scoring system has always been broken. Might as well scrape it.

I think this would be nice but they would need to make a few changes...
    1. Restrict group size to 12
    2. If you are in a group, (Duo, Small Man, Large Guild) all members are put into the same alliance.
    3. The Queue keeps track of group sizes in each alliance and tries to even them out.
      • AD = 2 groups of 12 & Solos
      • DC = 3 groups of 6 & Solos
      • EP = No Groups - all solos
        The next groups to join would be put on EP until the groups evened out.

Really this is the concept of battlegrounds but in an open world environment. This would help make the pirate faction one step closer to reality. When you queue in you can end up fighting anyone :)

I would really like it. I mean there can still be the "normal" campaigns. and this would be a fun campaign or whatever you would like to call it. or even a "social experiment" xD

u could use the team colors from BGs, then no one thinks he is losing out on playing for his faction.
    Please fix the game!
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    This is war bro. If you ain't got enough people in cyro and your getting stomped spam in guild chat to get more in. Rally and then plow.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Working as intended.

Here is the other solution then....introduce friendly fire....and lets see then 20 players spamming AOE.

If one player is able to kill 20 then there is something wrong with that 20 players...either they are new to the game...or not properly build or geared up.

In my experience as a solo player, 2 good players always kill me. A group of 5 new players cannot kill me and i can kill them with a little bit of kiting.

Big zergs is a waste of players time imo. Neither zerg players have a challenge nor the players that got in their way.

And to your suggestions of what should i do in PVP....I'm not down for dueling as it requires a specific build based on lots of self heals, sustain and mitigation it is not quite mobile nor bursty, it is interesting for few fights only.
    I'm not down for small vs small as it is usually a 4v1 most of the time which means easy kills and it ends up quite quickly with a wipe in a 4 vs zerg fight. Not down for BGs either as it is all about BG goals...do it quickly till you die....then re-spawn and repeat...

The most enjoyable play-style i find is to go open-world-solo. There you have to build your character to be mobile, bursty, sustainable and tanky....of course you cannot have all of them maxed out....you have to trade in some of them for others.

And i look at zergs as at a hurricane, it changes the map's layout and there is nothing you can do...i just fish around it for solo encounters when it is near me.

Probably the best description of my pvp experience I've ever heard. I've stopped running alone having 1 guy with you with a microphone makes pvp 10x more fun.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.