The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fanmade rework of NB class

rikzi
rikzi
Soul Shriven
Hey guys
This is a fanmade rework of NB class in perspective from my experience as a NB doing BGs in PvP and tanking in PvE

Issue list:
*Perma claoking (as fun as it is to do; its just as unfun to play against)

*Cloaking should be more usefull in teamfights.

*Unable to prebuff mandatory major brutallity/sorcery through class skills

*lack of tank utility

*lack of selfheal as magicka NB

*Grim focus should be made more inline with the NB playstyle

*Something to bring to the table in organized PvP group play

Proposed skill solution:

Shadow Cloak
*Costs 950ish magicka, if used again within 6sec it costs a stacking 600% more
Gain stealth for 3sec next attack have 100% crit / when in group dungeon or trial this skill instead gives 20% block amount for 3sec

1st morph:
*cost magicka, stealth crit bonus / block stay the same
gain 300stamina every 1sec for 7sec and major brutallity for 20sec

2nd morph:
*cost stamina instead of magicka, stealth crit bonus / block stay the same
gain 300magicka every 1sec for 7sec and major sorcery for 20sec

Path of darkness moved to siphoning skill line instead of siphoning strikes; siphoning strikes moves to shadow skill line and is reworked/named to "night lotus"

Night lotus:
*Gain a heal over time for 33sec

1st morph:
*instead gain a % based heal over 3sec (same as the old dark cloak)

2nd morph:
*heals you when the effect expires in proportion to the length its been active (same as rally but for magicka)

Grim focus:
*passively gives minor berserk when slottet. Cloak gives 1 charge of grim focus lasting 7sec (maximum 1charge)

Consuming Darkness rework:
*base skill only gives major protection to yourself

1st morph:
*enemys in the area are taunted while they stay within the area, but area is reduced to 4m

2nd morph:
*area is increased to 10m, no longer slows and now also restore up to 11 allies, in the area, primary resource pools based exponentially
on your maximum health. Lower health values(30k) gives no resources.

Drain power reworked to (insert OP name):
*Costs high resource
Throw a dagger to each side of you for x# damage if both daggers hits you siphon x# damage every 1sec from them while they remain
close. Both beams break if one breaks.

1st morph:
*converted to stamina and deal physical damage.

2nd morph:
*when this skill is slottet, dualwield light and heavy attacks scale with magicka and deal magic damage and heavy attacks restore
magicka instead of stamina

Issues:
Permaclaoking:
*Permaclaoking should come at a severe cost of dueling power. With my proposal you would require 3pieces of infused jewelry with 3
reduced skill cost glyph to make it free. And i feel that if cloaking is reduced it would allow for the improved cloak i suggest further
down.

Cloaking should be more usefull in teamfights:
*Its hard to get you cloaked veiled strike off in teamfights when there are so much aoe in this game. So my proposal is to make cloak
supress damage coming from things like hurricane, wall of elements, etc. With perma cloaking reduced it wouldnt be overpowered to
have fewer but more reliable cloaks.

Unable to prebuff major brutallity/sorcery:
*It feels bad that a NB cant buff up before a fight. As a stamina build it feels "okay" becouse you can use two-hander (i wish it wasnt a
requirement), but with magicka you ruin the whole element of surprise by casting entropy.

Lack of tank utility:
*I love playing my NB tank but its hard to get a spot in groups when you lack so much utility, but with extra on demand block amount to
tank hits + a strong ultimate only a NB can provide it would give a good reason to bring atleast 1 NB tank.
Furthermore the resource giving ultimate "2nd morph of consuming darkness" would push a NB tank away from the dps
gear(alkosh/torug) other tanks use, so the NB tank would play out totally different, because you need the perfect ratio between max
HP/ultimate generation.

Lack of selfheal usable while stealthed for magicka NB:
*NBs are all about the element of surprise so it feels so bad to use restoration staff skills because they pull you out of stealth. I want to
cloak -> heal -> engage again, like you can do with rally

Grim focus should be made more inline with the NB playstyle:
*I feel like it would play much better if it were more inline with the NB playstyle. When you break stealth with the stun, thats when you
need the damage!... not 5light attacks later. With perma cloaking reduced other classes would be able to see the NB aproaching so they
could block the NB, opener from stealth, adding valuable counterplay.

Something to bring to the table in organized PvP group play:
*drain power rework should help NB with spreading clumping groups of oppenents with strong tether they want to break by running in
oppesite direction, giving the NB a chance to solo down one of them before they can clump up again.

So my dream is fewer but more reliable cloaks, on demand mandatory buffs, a can opener to counter PvP groups and a raid spot as a health-battery-tank :D

Thanks for reading! Im looking for feedback, so feel free to discuss <3
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this is a terrible rework. You are making pve mNB just worse. The aoe taunt is both unnecessary and frankly rather useless. The reason warden/dk tanks are meta is because they grant raid wide buffs that can't be gotten anywhere else(minor toughness/engulfing flames) your changes aren't going to change that. Being able to grant resources with an ult isn't going to be used because you are giving up war horn to use it.

For pve mNB dps this rework would change from needing to keep 2 20 second buffs up to needing a 20 and a 7 second one. Not to mention that getting a free bow proc every 7 seconds has some major ramifications. As for pvp, allowing a nb to start with a bow proc is just going to reinforce the gank play style that people hate to play against.
  • rikzi
    rikzi
    Soul Shriven
    No, this is a terrible rework. You are making pve mNB just worse. The aoe taunt is both unnecessary and frankly rather useless. The reason warden/dk tanks are meta is because they grant raid wide buffs that can't be gotten anywhere else(minor toughness/engulfing flames) your changes aren't going to change that. Being able to grant resources with an ult isn't going to be used because you are giving up war horn to use it.

For pve mNB dps this rework would change from needing to keep 2 20 second buffs up to needing a 20 and a 7 second one. Not to mention that getting a free bow proc every 7 seconds has some major ramifications. As for pvp, allowing a nb to start with a bow proc is just going to reinforce the gank play style that people hate to play against.

For tanking warden/DKs bring something unique as you said. If NB gave something unique too, like resources just enough to push a dps to go a damage race and damage enchants they would give "raid buff" by giving dps

As for mNB dps i thought they got a bow proc every 6sec anyway (5 light attacks) but i could be wrong.

The PvP point you mentioned i think NBs is all about the gank playstyle, and with less cloaks you would be able to tell if a NB is coming coz NB now only claok up to 2 times and then they are completly dry on resource if they use both cloaks, allowing you to block, dodge roll and/or shield up before they open on you.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like the assassination passive to be reworked in order to be a stamina version of magicka flood, but with assassination abilities. I would also like Dark Cloak to have a much longer duration; both with the heal, and the minor protection duration. I would also like the heal to crit off of spell crit or weapon crit; depending on which is higher.

I would also like ambush to be reworked. Currently empower is pretty useless; I'd like to see something more useful in its place. How about minor vulnerability in order to stay with the "ambush" theme.

I would also like to see cloak toned down a bit while at the same time making it not useless against Stam sorcs, and Templars. I do believe cloak (invisibility) is too strong currently.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on February 6, 2019 11:55PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rikzi wrote: »
    Hey guys
    This is a fanmade rework of NB class

Shadow Cloak
    *Costs 950ish magicka, if used again within 6sec it costs a stacking 600% more

the whole list is just horrible ideas, i hope those ideas never happen.

they allways use the same comment saying that "they do play a nightblade" and then tell us how invisibility is over powered and how shadow cloak needs a nerf and how all the nightblade skills are just too strong and they know best because they DO play one.
    same exact thing in every single nerf thread

this is just another nerf nightblade
    and nerk shadow cloak thread.

why make threads like these constantly asking for nerfs, there's no need for this.
    it is not our job, this job belongs to the developers to balance classes and skills and armors and everything in the game.
    constantly making threads like these just disturb the community and cause nerfs that are totally unnecessary and creates chaos in the balance that was intended.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 6, 2019 11:59PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A class rework thread without the hubris of proclaiming it as such and instead admitting it’s just your own fantasy fiction of how the class should work.

I applaud you, good sir, and award you my “awesome” vote.

F8mqyr7.jpg
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For tanking warden/DKs bring something unique as you said. If NB gave something unique too, like resources just enough to push a dps to go a damage race and damage enchants they would give "raid buff" by giving dps

As for mNB dps i thought they got a bow proc every 6sec anyway (5 light attacks) but i could be wrong.

The PvP point you mentioned i think NBs is all about the gank playstyle, and with less cloaks you would be able to tell if a NB is coming coz NB now only claok up to 2 times and then they are completly dry on resource if they use both cloaks, allowing you to block, dodge roll and/or shield up before they open on you.

You would need an insanely high uptime for dps to be able to change their builds around this one ult. They also would need to all stay within the radius of the skill which can be difficult in some fights where as warden and dk can keep their buffs up near 100% of the time with needing the rest of the group to change anything to utilize it. I'm also not sure how much some extra resources will really add to dps. And you are still giving up war horn to run this whereas warden and dk can use warhorn in addition to their other skills.

As for the extra bow proc, I think you are missing the point. Yes a nb usually gets a proc every 6ish seconds but your changes will double the amount of bow procs which is insane.

Your pvp cloak changes also depend on people always cloaking around to initiate combat. However it also buffs people that initate directly from stealth. So you could stealth up to a person (while moving at full speed thanks to dark stalker and concealed weapon) buff up with cloak and then hit your target with a combo like bow proc into incap so that the bow hits right after the incap which will insta delete with no counterplay.
  • rikzi
    rikzi
    Soul Shriven
    [quote="Daus;c-5802774"I would also like to see cloak toned down a bit while at the same time making it not useless against Stam sorcs, and Templars. I do believe cloak (invisibility) is too strong currently.[/quote]

Yes, this is what i feel aswell: I hate that stam sorcs are imune to NBs opener with concealed weapon.
  • rikzi
    rikzi
    Soul Shriven

You would need an insanely high uptime for dps to be able to change their builds around this one ult. They also would need to all stay within the radius of the skill which can be difficult in some fights where as warden and dk can keep their buffs up near 100% of the time with needing the rest of the group to change anything to utilize it. I'm also not sure how much some extra resources will really add to dps. And you are still giving up war horn to run this whereas warden and dk can use warhorn in addition to their other skills.

As for the extra bow proc, I think you are missing the point. Yes a nb usually gets a proc every 6ish seconds but your changes will double the amount of bow procs which is insane.

Your pvp cloak changes also depend on people always cloaking around to initiate combat. However it also buffs people that initate directly from stealth. So you could stealth up to a person (while moving at full speed thanks to dark stalker and concealed weapon) buff up with cloak and then hit your target with a combo like bow proc into incap so that the bow hits right after the incap which will insta delete with no counterplay.

You might be right that the ultimate aint perfect, but atleast the idea to bring something unique, as you said, is what it takes to get a spot in a group.

As for the bow proc: you would only be able to get 1stack every time you cloaked (which is every 6-7sec) else you would run out of magicka with the stacking magicka cost.

As far as im aware everyone can initiate from stealth with like a hard casted frag or so.
    In my experience people that get stunned from "surprise attack" dont just sit idle in the stun, letting you use 2more attacks for free. They break free and dodge roll usually (or block and shields up)
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might be right that the ultimate aint perfect, but atleast the idea to bring something unique, as you said, is what it takes to get a spot in a group.

As for the bow proc: you would only be able to get 1stack every time you cloaked (which is every 6-7sec) else you would run out of magicka with the stacking magicka cost.

As far as im aware everyone can initiate from stealth with like a hard casted frag or so.
    In my experience people that get stunned from "surprise attack" dont just sit idle in the stun, letting you use 2more attacks for free. They break free and dodge roll usually (or block and shields up)

You would still be doubling the amount of procs this way. Like every time you get a proc you can fire it, cloak and then fire a second one(that would also have 100% crit and bonus damage from being stealthed.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a nightblade & I do not approve.

Specifically regarding the cloak change, the rest was tldr;
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t like a lot of these changes either. The only thing that I think needs changing is refreshing/twisting path. It’s a large component of nightblade healing and damage but it’s a terrible ability because the class has been balanced around it.

On a dummy it’s great sure. In game boss’ move, the area is so small it doesn’t heal most of the group, it’s also next to useless in pvp. Instead of a ground effect I’d much rather have something else.

I’m not sure what would be best. As is the damage/healing is really high so it’s either amazing with lots of targets in the area or terrible because the area’s too small.

Maybe an aoe hot like vigor as the healing morph and the damage morph being an aoe dot instead? Something weak enough so nb self healing stays low which is obviously by design if you choose invisibility. For the damage variant 28m range dot, that also effects all targets within 12m or something like that. A decent ranged aoe ability would be enough to make them decent in group play.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 7, 2019 1:40AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten