Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Scaling on PTS does not work yet

Masel
Masel
Class Representative
Just a heads up: CPs still do not affect food and mundus stones on the PTS, which is not intended. I had 8% from Bound Armaments on my template and 2% from Undaunted Mettle, and i can recalculate my stats using these modifiers only, even though it should be multiplied by an additional 20%.

unknown.png
PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for confirming this.
    I instantly noticed this during the few minutes of pts that I was blessed with yesterday.

Can we expect this to get fixed before it goes live ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am seeing the same on my main she still has 29,908 Stam and 30,336 health and 14474 mag and is still the same as the first 2 weeks of PTS.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really needs updated ASAP as this is a vital part of testing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Azyle1 on February 6, 2019 5:49PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    This really needs updated ASAP as this is a vital part of testing.

True that
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for confirming!
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat set bonuses, such as Draugr Hulk and Shacklebreaker, are scaling appropriately. All other sources are not (we tested Food, Mundus, and 5-piece conditional boosts like Necropotence).

Our testing also showed that the new CP changes are multiplicative with other modifiers, not additive.

UPDATE: Racials are also not affected by the CP changes. Going 1 for 5 now ZOS.
    Edited by T3hasiangod on February 6, 2019 6:24PM
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat set bonuses, such as Draugr Hulk and Shacklebreaker, are scaling appropriately. All other sources are not (we tested Food, Mundus, and 5-piece conditional boosts like Necropotence).

Our testing also showed that the new CP changes are multiplicative with other modifiers, not additive.

English please.
  • TheGentleChu
    TheGentleChu
    ✭✭
    @Azyle1 he’s saying the 20% CP bonus combines with other bonuses the good way (multiplicative gives a larger end result than additive)
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azyle1 he’s saying the 20% CP bonus combines with other bonuses the good way (multiplicative gives a larger end result than additive)

Oh ok. Thank you.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    So checked all my characters and besides my Orc and Khajitt which gained there racial flat bonuses nothing changed for the rest of them they all show the same stats they had for week one and two of PTS.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a stupid suggestion. But perhaps removing all CP's then redoing them would show the proper effect? As if your putting in the 100 per color on a new toon? Might be some weird glitch that it needs to reset/recalculate on a fresh entry of points. (gonna try this myself)

Edit: Nope, didn't work. Didn't change anything. I zero'd out points. Confirmed, then re-applied and stats all stayed the same. /shrug
    Edited by Dreyloch on February 6, 2019 7:43PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Might be a stupid suggestion. But perhaps removing all CP's then redoing them would show the proper effect? As if your putting in the 100 per color on a new toon? Might be some weird glitch that it needs to reset/recalculate on a fresh entry of points. (gonna try this myself)

Let us know if that does anything.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam Can't test parses and give proper feedback with a vital part of the changes that affect DPS not working. Please hotfix this or something or we lose an entire week of PTS for feedback.
    Edited by susmitds on February 6, 2019 7:43PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam Can't test parses and give proper feedback with a vital part of the changes that affect DPS not working. Please hotfix this or something or we lose an entire week of PTS for feedback.

This.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Confirming the CP calculation adjustments did not make it into this patch, but it will be in next week's PTS patch. Apologies for the confusion, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming the CP calculation adjustments did not make it into this patch, but it will be in next week's PTS patch. Apologies for the confusion, everyone.

So this whole week is going to be useless for testing the changes.... Question is how much of a margin of time remains for changes before these racials go live?
    Edited by susmitds on February 6, 2019 8:08PM
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭

So this whole week is going to be useless for testing the changes.... Question is how much of a margin of time remains for changes before these racials go live?

ZoS really not doing very well right now, first the PC EU downtime, now the PTS not working properly... Besides very weird changes in the balance
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now I don't really see what supposed to be tested this... Almost a week. Partially working system equalised it to zero in a result.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really worried that on CP this new scaling will add disparity in food-drink effectiveness.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes me sad. Also, why did you include it in the patch notes if it wasn't going to be in the patch?

The results of the changes just from CP aren't going to significantly affect most builds. It will only really impact builds that use Necropotence, Draugr Hulk, Bright-Throat, etc. The Ability Metric difference is ~1.5% on a typical magNB that runs Siroria + MS + Zaan, for example.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes me sad. Also, why did you include it in the patch notes if it wasn't going to be in the patch?

The results of the changes just from CP aren't going to significantly affect most builds. It will only really impact builds that use Necropotence, Draugr Hulk, Bright-Throat, etc. The Ability Metric difference is ~1.5% on a typical magNB that runs Siroria + MS + Zaan, for example.

@T3hasiangod Yeah, I am also expecting around 1.5% (Around 1K difference in the 60K DPS range). Interestingly, the change to Shadow is coming down to 1% DPS increase for Khajiit from my calculations and negative for other races. From what I was seeing, the races was already in around at also 1.5% DPS significant deviation of each other last patch with tests of 25 samples. Testing now will have added error of 1.5%, which won't help much in determining exact ranks of races, which is already hard even with a high number of sample as the variance between parses is larger than the difference between races.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but the ability to actually test the changes combined with the Altmer/Dunmer changes might be able to give people who play them peace of mind or proof that that change was bad. In giving one less week to do this I think ZOS really screwed the pooch because this is the most contentious thing on theese forums right now.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can paper test the changes at least. The build editor lets you swap the stats in the calculation windows on the right side next to each stat. You may not be able to parse with it, but it should give you a quick litmus test.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Necropotence is not giving the bonus magika for having a pet.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

UPDATE: Racials are also not affected by the CP changes. Going 1 for 5 now ZOS.

They always were multiplicative because the formula for cp bonuses isn't as simple as the regular amplifiers, and including it additiveley would've actually required a higher processing power.

Few things that I can see just based on the math:

Blue food is a lot more interesting now, because it yields more than 6k stamina after amplifiers, whereas artaeum broth loses you roughly 2k stamina and health compared to that.

The trade-off between the two food options became bigger.

Mage and Tower Mundus will be quite interesting since they will provide a bigger stat bonus. On stamina builds lover will likely still have an edge, but on magicka you have quite a few options depending on the build.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Enough time to turn the max magicka and spell damage of the Altmer into max stamina and weapon damage!
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am really surprised with the PTS being offline for 2 days that this did not make it in. This is the big thing everyone was wanting to test, and they not only failed to get it in place but failed to put that this did not make it in the PTS in the Patch notes.

Hope the CP calculations are gonna be part of the update, but now thinking that it may not be or will be very buggy.

Edited by majulook on February 6, 2019 10:13PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great. So underperforming builds will be even worse...
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

Great. So underperforming builds will be even worse...

Making food give 20% more is a pretty big jump in food buffs.

If currently a blue food that gives 5395 Health and 4936 Stamina the 20% boost would make it 6743 Health and 6170 Stamina.

DCT currently is Max Stamina and Max Health by 3192 and Increase Stamina Recovery by 319 with 20% more it would be Max Stamina and Max Health by 3990 and Increase Stamina Recovery by 319

Edited by majulook on February 6, 2019 10:42PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum