Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vivec NA PC - Extra laggy tonight?

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Feb. 1st 2019

Hello,

Is Vivec extra laggy tonight? I am playing AD. I get to a keep and it seems everything is frozen in place. I can move around, but I can't use any abilities and everyone is in mid combat. Then after a few moments I crash out of the game.

What is going on?
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP here. Yes. Same exact thing tonight for me too. 5 times. That's a record for me when it comes to crashes like that.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a test I jumped onto the 30 day non-cp campaign. Did not experience any lag issues.

Maybe the campaign server needs a restart?
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found that when large groups of players stack themselves closely together and buff/take damage/heal damage/proc sets/deal damage the server can't handle it and lags out. A solution to this is for players to spread out. But as long as running tight ball groups of 30+ players is more effective both in getting AP and against the enemy, nothing will change.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we see this a lot on nights when anyone wants to run around taking keeps with no less than 70 people. I've found that on nights where that is not happening, the massively bad lag is not happening to the same degree. If skills aren't firing, siege isn't working, I'm not sure what kind of fights they think are going to happen. From what I have seen, just super lame and very uninteresting ones. But yeah, parts of this evening have been especially bad.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the EU server!

But serious, EU has had this for the last 2 years amd yes the ulti-spamming zergs create it.

Good luck to you on NA but if the zergs stay, the lag will stay too.
    Edited by The Uninvited on February 2, 2019 6:49AM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i logged on and was at the gates then logged off, this was about 4 hours ago or so

I always test my abilities before looking for fights so i knew it wasn’t worth my time today
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS is active so Cyrodiil lag increases. Bad in Sotha PC/NA Saturday night too.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had real bad lag Friday night in Sotha as well, PC/NA.

Unable to cast abilities consistently in combat. 2-4 second delay on average, if they cast at all. I was pushing the towns/buff keeps/outskirts of the map nowhere near the zergs.

Wasn't sure if it was just me or server related.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos needs to remove PTS some how and make PTS it's own server so this sht doesn't keep happening. As for the

Zergs- nothing will spread them out even when you call them out on it.

I think the only way to spread them out is to penalize them when they stack more than 16 people in a group. I'm not joking.

12-16 players max AP gained and XP.
    17+ reduced AP and reduced recovery plus wpn/spell dmg.

Just maybe that will get it through their head that running more than 16 players is pointless and it not only makes you look like a fool but it also hurts the games performance but also makes other players despise you on so many levels. Or just have common sense but a lot of players don't have that unfortunately!!!!!!!!

So by all means keep zerging and hurting the performance and making yourself look like a fool. By all means!
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Nutshotz wrote: »
    Zos needs to remove PTS some how and make PTS it's own server so this sht doesn't keep happening.

Wait it isn't already separate? How does that make any sense?
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    sage2000 wrote: »
    Nutshotz wrote: »
    Zos needs to remove PTS some how and make PTS it's own server so this sht doesn't keep happening.

Wait it isn't already separate? How does that make any sense?

While I have no direct knowledge, it's pretty evident that ESO operates in a scalable manner. From virtual instances (trials, dungeons, etc) spinning up on demand, to Zones/PvP already spun up and appropriating hardware resources as needed (IE: scalable virtual environments, kubernetes, containers, etc etc)

The lag issue is software related, at some point, the bottleneck (lag) can't be resolved until the workload is processed (or abandoned) and the requests to crunch more data is thinned.

Besides, the PTS being live will consume some overhead sure, but for every individual logged into it, is someone not logged into the main server.

In short, hardware is not the issue here.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night had a few points that were super bad. Slideshows, people stuck floating in the air for a few seconds, rubberbanding, etc. But the chat was working, and that was hilarious, everyone was saying their goodbyes
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pathetic performance
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    Certain guild are very proud of stacking their 80+ man zergs in one place.... and all moving together to take things like resources....... when this zerg plows into the opposing 80+ man zerg that is needed the resulting strain on the server is the lag that we all love in Cyrodil. Until ZOS can figure out a was to encourage people to spread out in Cyrodil it won't change.

As a complete aside.... I joined a small group of 9 people last night who were convinced that 9 people wasn't enough to take a undefended keep or even an outpost.........

I don't know about others out there but I've PvDoored keeps with like 3 decent players....... enough to run a ram.....

Now defended is a complete other story.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein