Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is every other person packing Meteor in this game?

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I swear the sky is constantly falling in BG. I remember surviving about three of them in a row a week or two ago. I wish I had captured it. It seems like the moment you pop your head up in BG *BOOM* Meteor. I see Soul Assault, Dawnbreaker, and Suppression Field often too. But nothing as frequent as Meteor.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People constantly get shamed for most ultimates.

So people just use Meteor or DboS because they are the two universally accepted ultimates.

Also on a Magblade or Magsorc there aren't many options for ranged burst.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every Meteor there is an equal and opposite DBoS.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    For every Meteor there is an equal and opposite DBoS.

DBoS stronker than meteor
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear the sky is constantly falling in BG. I remember surviving about three of them in a row a week or two ago. I wish I had captured it. It seems like the moment you pop your head up in BG *BOOM* Meteor. I see Soul Assault, Dawnbreaker, and Suppression Field often too. But nothing as frequent as Meteor.

I miss the days when wings could reflect meteor - I really don't - something about pinging the meteor around like it's a tennis ball really amused me.

Also amusing is when it's cast by multiple people making it sound like there's an active artillery shelling on my location
    Edited by Steelshiv on February 2, 2019 10:16PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me DBoS over meteor...every time mag or stam
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it isn't Skoria you're seeing?

I can't say I see a ton of Meteor use. It's giant telegraph makes it fairly easy to deal with
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's less and less people using it, as it's pretty bad mostly.
    You hear it, block it and just take 2 steps aside
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, everyone is using Dawnbreaker. Even on mag, db is better.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    meteor can be blocked idk what the deal is here
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    meteor can be blocked idk what the deal is here

What's wrong with people? I clearly explained myself.

Anyway, moving on. yes, I have noticed that DBoS is probably just as frequently used. Maybe. Maybe these are just more noticeable than others.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »

It's not about how effective it is, but how frequently it's used.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farmed mages guild for this skill for the first time quite recently on my magsorc and learned a few things.

This skill is OP on potatoes, it hits like a truck and people die pretty instantly from this, curse, frags and fury.

Against any decent player it's almost useless, it gets blocked every single time.

I think I'll be trying DBoS instead soon.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rarely see this skill in bgs, mostly dawnbreaker. Mag sorcs and magblades probably the only ones that typically run it if at all. Meteor is honestly a terrible ultimate for the cost. Only good against people that don’t know how to react to it. You can literally block 5 of them in a row with barely a scratch to your health.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just block it! problem solved.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones that use meteor well wait until you’re off cc immunity, cast meteor, and cc you before it hits.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

Block it when you are not even looking at the person who cast it?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear people never played in battlegrounds because they're saying the dumbest stuff. Obviously, if it's so easy to block meteor when fighting someone, then that means the meteors being discussed are not coming from the players that you're focused on.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »

It's not about how effective it is, but how frequently it's used.

Yes I got that.
    But be glad when your opponents use an ulti that won't really help them, makes you more likely to succeed.
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't because it's a trash ultimate. I don't see a lot of people using it neither.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

Block it when you are not even looking at the person who cast it?

What does this even mean? You don’t need to have your camera on the person or be engaged with them to block meteor. The indicator gives it away. Only reason not to block it is because you’re cced or lag making the meteor drop late.

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear people never played in battlegrounds because they're saying the dumbest stuff. Obviously, if it's so easy to block meteor when fighting someone, then that means the meteors being discussed are not coming from the players that you're focused on.

Are you playing in first person?

Meteor is the single most telegraphed, easy to block ult in the game.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's what happens as well. But this isn't about meteor being a problem or how to deal with it. It's a question of how many players are using it because it seems to be the most used ultimate. But I have noticed that DBoS is probably just as common. It's either of these two ultimates.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to read my first post. That's what the thread is about.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And that's what happens as well. But this isn't about meteor being a problem or how to deal with it. It's a question of how many players are using it because it seems to be the most used ultimate. But I have noticed that DBoS is probably just as common. It's either of these two ultimates.

They are the most used because their available to all players.

Class ultimate are only available to...that class. It's not rocket science. Even if, say, Ferocious Leap was strictly better than Dawnbreaker, you'd still see more Dawnbreakers than Leaps.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a question that you could answer a simple yes or no if you'd like. I'd prefer that to your response.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see all that many Meteors on PC-NA. The most common offensive ultimate I run into, by a country mile, is Dawnbreaker. Even setting that aside, I generally see more class ults (or defensive/utility ones) than I do Meteors.

Back when Sorcs could combo Meteors with Rune Cage to ensure that they wouldn't get blocked, it was pretty overpowered. Without that combo, though, it's just not a very good ultimate for Battlegrounds. The classes that can still reliably CC-through-block have better/cheaper ultimates to use instead (Leap and Incap).
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    I cant even remember the last time I saw a meteor in a high ranked bg in pcna and OP is making it sound like a plague. What platform are you on? Do you have screen shots with 5 different meteors hitting at once? Hold block and move out ground based aoe and your good.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I use EoTS myself. Or Dawnbreaker.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get_Packed wrote: »
    I cant even remember the last time I saw a meteor in a high ranked bg in pcna and OP is making it sound like a plague. What platform are you on? Do you have screen shots with 5 different meteors hitting at once? Hold block and move out ground based aoe and your good.

I have a few clips on my Xbox. I'm going to keep collecting them and make a montage. :P

Meteor montage.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 6, 2019 2:45AM
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I almost feel like the forum should automatically indicate what platform people are. It appears we live in different worlds.