Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HOUSING CHANGES I WOULD LOVE

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
Some out-of-the-box-ideas that I would like to see in my primary residence that is also used by members of my guild:

HOUSING CHANGES I WOULD LOVE 87 votes

Target dummies that hit back
2%
Konstant_Tel_NecrisBeatrixLaChance 2 votes
Access to my guild bank (If I am the guilds owner)
1%
WolfStar07 1 vote
Private merchants that can repair
1%
alexlalas 1 vote
Target dummies that mimic Dungeon boss mechanics
5%
BortusTeutoburgermarius_buysKhajiitFelixHati 5 votes
More placement space
45%
moonsugar66AgrivarIruil_ESOAimoraHidesFromSunValagashMornaBaineAhzekAmphithoeEdziuLazraelagegartonAlucardmikeLadyNalcaryaKrainor1974LadyHeloiseVanthras79YamiKurukuRANKK7Thannazzar 40 votes
A notice board that displays the message of the day or guilds about us info
3%
GlaiceanaghastleyKMarble 3 votes
Acces to my guild store (If I am the guild owner)
1%
Ecstatica 1 vote
Traps etc. as place-able housing items
3%
SchokoladeNoTimeToWaitDragonHeart000 3 votes
A notification when a player enters my private residence
6%
Morgha_KulAjaxandrielMrGravesVeeskmergadethskrvbb10rd 6 votes
A placeable wayshrine so visitors can port out for free
28%
Solarikengimpdrb14_ESOOrillionTurelusElara_NorthwindUntrustedExistenzbayushi2005One_ofManyperditionerEpicRekkoningTheNightflameMizaelMysannePanzanellaMinyassaPeacatcherLordWenzelBretonMageTatankoAshryn 25 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshrine please, in various styles so we can make them match our homes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I would like a bunch of stuff more but I was limited to 10 items :)

a) Target dummies that move and self heal (PvP practice)
    b) A notice board that tell you which traders are open
    (and the ability to hire mid week)
    c) A selection of standard (and alternating) voice welcomes when you enter the residence
    d) A open world sets of noticeboards that tell you where guilds are located
    (As many customers go down the drain if the guild relocates)
    Edited by marius_buys on February 5, 2019 12:09PM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More placement space
    I wish books were in a separate category than traditional furnishings. I would decorate my home with them even more.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see books dealt with in regards to item count.
    I love having all my books in one place, but it isn't possible with item counts.
    What would be ideal is instead of flagging them as a separate type of furnishing with its own limit, is to have them not count towards the limit period.

Years ago, EQ2 did this, and it made a huge difference. Books simply shouldn't count towards the limit, or maybe every 10 books count as a single item slot taken.
    I would love to get a real and proper library set up so I can settle in and read properly.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also would love to place all of my books, and would absolutely love more of a variety of NPC's! Poor Tythis is getting old.

I also think that notice boards and guild store/bank access in houses is a really cool idea! :smiley:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Ravenayle
    Ravenayle
    ✭✭✭
    Also.. more housing item slots! We have some houses that are huge that it is impossibly to fully decorate with the number we are restricted to.

Even small homes could use a boost.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely agree with the book ideas, I miss my Skyrim and Oblivion book hoarding and Library building and wish I could do it properly on ESO.
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    More placement space
    To all the book-loving librarians in this thread, please feel free to visit my Snowglobe on PC/NA - 600 item slots, on such a reasonable plot size, is "enough" room for the ~300 books that exist AND decor!

It's not currently my primary, so you'll need Port to Friends or Essential Housing Tools to get there... AND there are some really cool FX added via EHT... so you may want to poke me in-game for an FX share! :-)
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have been more specific about "placement space" option.
    I think we have enough placement space in our houses, it is the furnishing slots that we lack.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A notice board that displays the message of the day or guilds about us info
    I can't agree with the banker, as the inter-server communication issues that would introduce make it too difficult.

I can't see why a merchant shouldn't repair, though, as you can do so yourself while in the private home instance. But I'm not convinced that merchants are a big deal anyway.

I'd prefer the slot issue to be addressed by making it less necessary for us to use up slots for things like individual fruit, books in bookshelves, etc. More bowls of fruit, filled bookcases etc. would be better. (Quill, inkwell and papers as a unit?)

I don't really feel a lack of porting out, as I can go to another home directly, and many have adjacent wayshrines (Mournoth, Cyrodiil Jungle House, for example), so even homes that are well off the beaten path aren't a big issue if you own the others.

A notice board would add something that doesn't currently exist. It would lead the devs in a new direction.

I almost voted for one of the target dummy choices, but there's a lot more to making that work than either option covers. You need something for tanks and healers to test their effectiveness, not just for DD's to test their dodge and block.
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    More placement space
    I'd also like to be able to pick up, do and turn in my daily crafting writs
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that I need to clarify:
    Access to the guild store at the guild owners private residence
    via the guild owners banker for all players in the guild.
  • LordWenzel
    LordWenzel
    ✭✭✭
    That or just teleports at no costs
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the Crown store merchant could repair gear like all other merchants, and the Crown store banker could access my guild banks and stores like other bankers, I would consider buying them. Until then, I can't see spending crowns on them. I still have to visit a city to do those things anyway.

Those Murkmire plant furnishings in the Crown store already function as traps and deal damage to players who visit.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A notification when a player enters my private residence
    "More placement space" is obviously too much obvious.

- The customised house name to be displayed on the screen for anybody
    - Day/Night Weather Skybox toggle
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More placement space
    Much needed
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More placement space
    "More placement space" is obviously too much obvious.

- The customised house name to be displayed on the screen for anybody
    - Day/Night Weather Skybox toggle

Day/night and weather would also be awesome!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More placement space
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I love having all my books in one place, but it isn't possible with item counts.
    What would be ideal is instead of flagging them as a separate type of furnishing with its own limit, is to have them not count towards the limit period.

Years ago, EQ2 did this, and it made a huge difference. Books simply shouldn't count towards the limit, or maybe every 10 books count as a single item slot taken.
    I would love to get a real and proper library set up so I can settle in and read properly.

Sooo all of this! And, DAY/NIGHT TOGGLE!!!!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    More placement space
    Nothing that removes players from the world (so no guild merchant/bank and repair NPCs). Let's not recreate WoD Garrison in ESO, please.

I'd love to see Personnel decorations like Swtor
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More placement space
    While many of these suggestions would greatly improve housing, the thing I really wish they would revisit is the number of items allowed per house. I've only been playing for a few months so I have only bought small houses and rooms. But in every one, just as I'm starting to make it cute and/or "comfortable," I get the dreaded item limit message. Some of these rooms are tiny and the 15 item limit is appropriate. But rooms like the Vivec penthouse and the Alinor inn room have space to at least double the number of items you can put in them. The result in my game is a sparse and boring room where I constantly have to decide what to remove just to add things like another chair or lighting option. Even some of the ones with the 30 item limit could use a change. I don't know how it is with the larger houses since I don't have any of those yet. These small houses with small item limits aren't even really good for storage because 15 items won't fill the space and isn't much of a dent when you have hundreds of furnishings to store.

I also fail to understand why furnishings are part of our regular inventory. They need to have their own storage space like the craft bag. It's like they are trying to discourage us from even having houses or building/buying furniture. Make it hard to store, and give us inadequate item limits in the available housing options.

People keep talking about books. Since we don't have the titled books in our physical inventory, all we need is for the bookshelves themselves to show the books to be placed inside them without the clipping or the need to move the entire bookshelf to get at a set of books you placed on one of the shelves. The system could definitely use an improvement.

Bankers and merchants in homes? Don't we already have the ability to park the banker or merchant in a home? It would be nice, though, if you could just get the banker and/or merchant with the home for an increased price. But I get the feeling they want to keep us paying actual money for those options so I don't see the banker or merchant ever being available outside the crown store. Having access to our guild banks and stores would definitely be helpful but, in the long run, you still have to go out of your way to travel to your house just like you have to go out of your way to travel to the bank. Granted, it's a few fewer clicks, but it's still an individual trip away from where you are and what you are doing.

Lots of great ideas here. I wish the developers would take some of it to heart.
    Edited by LadySinflower on February 19, 2019 8:10AM
  • Orillion
    Orillion
    ✭✭
    All good ideas, but wayshrine is the one i want the most
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More placement space
    I'd like less use of "all caps" please and thank you.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More placement space
    More space. Much, much more space.

I have ESO+, and even with that, notable houses can only take 700 items. That should be at least 1000. I still have lots of ideas for my Aldmeri Grotto, but can't do any of it :/

Hell, I'd even buy a permanent +X items from the crown store if there was one. Don't even care about the price so long as it doesn't cost more than the house itself.
  • DragonHeart000
    The coolest thing would be some sort of mechanical system. Like if I would be able to hook up a button to turn off some lights or slide an object to reveal a hidden place. I would spend countless hours on my house if we had that sort of thing, although I already spend a lot of time on my house.

I have been asking since the day I got a house for a wayshrine. I hate traveling to my house to do some crafting but then having to use the beam me up addon to get out of my house since having to leave my house (which triggers a loading screen) and then walking all the way to a wayshrine is just too much and I would much rather buy a wayshrine even if it was a crown item.

I still would much rather the mechanical system over a wayshrine though.
    Edited by DragonHeart000 on February 25, 2019 12:49AM
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    Nothing that removes players from the world (so no guild merchant/bank and repair NPCs). Let's not recreate WoD Garrison in ESO, please.

I'd love to see Personnel decorations like Swtor

Anything that makes housing more useful, so guild bank/store access and repairs (though I don't really care about repairs).

Also, writ board or writ courier NPC. All my alts do is crafting writs, and I really like parking my characters in their homes, since I paid for and decorated them. So, they can stay there and do their writs, and then I'll be out and about with my main questing, doing dailies, etc.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More placement space
    Obviously more placement space is always good! Aside from that:
    1. I would also love to be able to access guild banks and merchant through Tythis while at my home.
    2. More furnishing like the trap plants.
    3. More atmospheric effect type furnishing like hagraven mists, music boxes, and maybe even different skies and placeable creepy sound fx.
    4. Way increased visitor limit for the guild sized homes. This would make guild houses way more functional as the owners could host large events such as tournies.
    5. More houses in the mid-sized price range.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »

Agreed.

I have yet to finish Skyrim because I spent all my play time trying to collect one of every book in the game to stock the shelves of my homes.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Main two things would probably be being able to list stuff for sale via the banker and a way of teleporting, for free, to any wayshrine.

...and of course, a higher furnishing limit.

The latter almost goes without saying, at this point.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 27, 2019 10:13AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »

I have ESO+, and even with that, notable houses can only take 700 items. That should be at least 1000. I still have lots of ideas for my Aldmeri Grotto, but can't do any of it :/

Honestly, I'd be pretty ecstatic with even 800.

In fact, 750 would still be very helpful.

• WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Access to my guild bank (If I am the guilds owner)
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Honestly, I'd be pretty ecstatic with even 800.

In fact, 750 would still be very helpful.

Same. I decorate for guild parties and have to remove either temporarily or permanently other items to make room for that. Plus, we're always getting new achievements, and therefore furniture to go with it.