Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heads Up: Weekly PTS Character Copies for Update 21

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Wanted to give you a heads up that we're planning to do weekly character copies for the entirety of this PTS cycle for Update 21. We need to test some database work, and the character copies are required for full and thorough testing. Next Monday, we'll be doing another PC NA character copy. February 4th and 11th will be PC EU character copies, and the last week on February 18th will be another PC NA character copy.

Note that each time we do a character copy, all characters and progress will unfortunately be wiped. Thanks for your understanding.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the heads' up!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Gina.

Looking forward to the EU copy so I can try some things. :smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the obvious suggestion... why not alternate? Week 1 is NA, Week 2 is EU, Week 3 is NA, etc?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the obvious suggestion... why not alternate? Week 1 is NA, Week 2 is EU, Week 3 is NA, etc?

If everything is getting wiped anyway, I'll second this. Let the EU people get some earlier testing on their own characters. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • FineFeathered
    FineFeathered
    ✭✭✭
    Hear here! Thanks for the head's up and it's only fair that Both EU and NA folks can do comparisons and testing.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is probably a lot of effort, resources, and time to copy from live to the PTS. Every 2 weeks with NA getting the last week is pretty fair IMO.

I would prefer if they would alternate PTS cycles in general like:
    - Q1 NA 1,2,5; EU 3,4
    - Q2 EU 1,2,5; NA 3,4
    - etc...

Some of the more significant changes seem to come in week 3, so it would be nice to exchange who has the first crack at them on their characters from patch to patch.
    Playing since beta...
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am extra week of testing? Awesome. Kinda wish there were more meat to this update to test but nevertheless, awesome that it is going to give us an extra week of updates/tweaks.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if i sit this pts out with testing I just want to say the char deletion is quite frustrating in general.

You normally set all your chars up including sets, skills and houses for testing and then they get wiped. You have to do every thing again.

It would be cool if we can get some op-out of this wipe or some test accounts that do not get wiped.

e.g. Every player gets a second free account for pts - "normal account name"_pts does not get wiped and are just templets over the whole pts
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last week? Does that mean that Wrathstone will be live approximately February 25th?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this help though?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Thank you!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

So I just noticed this week both the Live servers and the PTS one are going on maintenance the exact same day, same hour.

This is an issue for me as I usually use the Live server downtime to hop on the PTS to test stuff without missing out on the real game side of things.

Would you guys please consider having maintenance on different times for the PTS and the Live server? Like one in the morning, the other in the afternoon?

This would be much appreciated, thank you.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    Hello,

So I just noticed this week both the Live servers and the PTS one are going on maintenance the exact same day, same hour.

This is an issue for me as I usually use the Live server downtime to hop on the PTS to test stuff without missing out on the real game side of things.

Would you guys please consider having maintenance on different times for the PTS and the Live server? Like one in the morning, the other in the afternoon?

This would be much appreciated, thank you.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I second that, would be so convinient
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this re-copying. Lets me more easily compare what I see on PTS to what is on live. Before; you guys copied characters a few days before PTS and it made it hard to get a clean look.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Ok now I know why my character disappeared.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    How does this help though?
    Cause she said "We need to test some database work, and the character copies are required for full and thorough testing"
    #MOREORBS
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if you guys copied the EU one first after the fact that the EU sever was down for basically the entire day. You know to make up for all the time lost. And no-one even gets an explanion why it even took that long.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I will log on after the PC-EU characters are loaded.

Life is too short to generate a character from scratch.

Malborn
    PC-EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks biased big time
    NA
    NA
    EU
    NA
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Malborn66 , well, setting up a character from template doesn't take long.

My only issue with PTS is very high ping, hovering around 210-250, often spiking higher (on live PC/EU I have ~100, give or take) - I planned to do a lot of parses, and I don't think I can reliably do anything when it's hard to even grab a skill to drag it onto the skill bar, sometimes mouse wouldn't catch because of lag.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only issue with PTS is very high ping, hovering around 210-250, often spiking higher (on live PC/EU I have ~100, give or take) - I planned to do a lot of parses, and I don't think I can reliably do anything when it's hard to even grab a skill to drag it onto the skill bar, sometimes mouse wouldn't catch because of lag.

Welcome to our lives us asian/oceanian players

• Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was standard procedure... probably info for newer PTS testers
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    NA
    NA
    EU
    NA

Well to be fair it's actually:
    NA
    NA
    EU
    EU
    NA

So you know, it's not terrible
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NA
    NA
    EU
    NA

It was a mishap though. Should be another EU there that failed to happen this week. Maybe it will be Na na eu eu.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭

lol, 250 ping is considered a good day in Australia.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA
    NA
    EU
    NA

NA
    NA
    EU
    EU
    NA

well your post suggests 5 PTS weeks, where did you get the info that PTS will take 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks?
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NA
    NA
    EU
    NA

NA
    NA
    EU
    EU
    NA

well your post suggests 5 PTS weeks, where did you get the info that PTS will take 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks?

It's on one of the pinned pts messages
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote:
    February 4th and 11th will be PC EU character copies, and the last week on February 18th will be another PC NA character copy.
    I see that its not EU character copies now that PTS is online again, but NA.
    So the schedule has changed? When will EU chars come, and will EU get their 2 weeks of testing?
    PC/EU
  • CesarTheAshlander
    CesarTheAshlander
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote:
    February 4th and 11th will be PC EU character copies, and the last week on February 18th will be another PC NA character copy.
    I see that its not EU character copies now that PTS is online again, but NA.
    So the schedule has changed? When will EU chars come, and will EU get their 2 weeks of testing?

I wonder the same
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA
    NA
    EU
    NA

NA
    NA
    EU
    EU
    NA

Well if you just go ahead and read the post you commented on:
    Next Monday(2), we'll be doing another PC NA character copy. February 4th(3) and 11th(4) will be PC EU character copies, and the last week(5) on February 18th will be another PC NA character copy.

Note that each time we do a character copy, all characters and progress will unfortunately be wiped. Thanks for your understanding.

Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]