The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Molten Armaments (DK) & Mend Wounds (Psijik) - why no interaction?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Molten Armaments

Charge you and your allies' weapons with volcanic power to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 30 seconds.

Your own damage with fully-charge Heavy Attacks is increased by 40% while active.

Mend Wounds

Invoke the Rites of Moawita, replacing your Light and Heavy Attacks with healing abilities that can be used on allies.

Your Light Attack heals for 2388 Health over 10 seconds.

Your Heavy Attack heals for 5322 Health every 1 second while channeling

I know that the Molten Armaments tooltip says "damage" but Mend Wounds turns that into healing - I don't see why there is no interaction towards both skills in that regard.

What do you think?
Edited by Seraphayel on February 4, 2019 10:46AM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soo you wan ahave MA also Buff the Mend wounds channel right?

well sounds kinda OP...imagine also using elegance if it worked like that, giving you a approx. 40% stronger heal in the channel :lol:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I want some kind of interaction, yes.

I mean Mend Wounds is already barely used and the heavy attack is quite expensive - I don't see why it shouldn't have interaction with MA or sets (Elegance) as you said.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Well I want some kind of interaction, yes.

I mean Mend Wounds is already barely used and the heavy attack is quite expensive - I don't see why it shouldn't have interaction with MA or sets (Elegance) as you said.

Its not used because the targeting is awful in PVE, while the channel ....well its a channel so *** in PVE in all possible ways, even tho the healing it hasis very strong.

Having an interaction with Molten armarments would be a interessting option for DK healers, but still to clunky of a skill to use IMO.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your answer is in the tooltip

Invoke the Rites of Moawita, replacing your next Light or Heavy Attack used within 3 seconds with healing abilities that can be used on allies.

The fact that something is activated in the same way as heavy attack does not mean it is considered a heavy attack by the game.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, ZOS should consider this
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Invoke the Rites of Moawita, replacing your next Light or Heavy Attack used within 3 seconds with healing abilities that can be used on allies.

The fact that something is activated in the same way as heavy attack does not mean it is considered a heavy attack by the game.

Oops, that tooltip is wrong. Mend Wounds is a toggle which replaces your LA / HA with a HoT (LA) / Channeled Healing (HA) permanently until you deactivate it.

It should be considered a heavy attack though because that's what it is after you activate Mend Wounds.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 4, 2019 10:47AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops, that tooltip is wrong. Mend Wounds is a toggle which replaces your LA / HA with a HoT (LA) / Channeled Healing (HA) permanently until you deactivate it.

It should be considered a heavy attack though because that's what it is after you activate Mend Wounds.

Is it affected by any other bonuses to heavy attacks? Staff Expert/Physical Weapons Expert? If the game considers it an ability, none of the bonuses to heavy attacks will work.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it affected by any other bonuses to heavy attacks? Staff Expert/Physical Weapons Expert? If the game considers it an ability, none of the bonuses to heavy attacks will work.

I don't know, will test it later.

Mend Wounds is actually your new light/heavy attack and should be counted as such. If it isn't it's an oversight imho and should be fixed by ZOS to make the skill somehow useful.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mend Wounds is actually your new light/heavy attack.

I think this is where you are going wrong. Tooltip explecitly states that Mend Wounds replaces your Light and Heavy Attacks with abilities. You do not get new ones. You just loose them to get abilities instead. I'm not going to argue if it needs to be changed or not, just trying to find an objective explanation how it currently works and why in your example it does not work with Molten Armaments.