The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Silver Leash

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ccfeeling I don’t run a lot of vet trials anymore but when I do I run silver leash. I have also pugged all vet DLC dungeons with it. Not to prove I could, but because it’s stronger for my particular build.

@CrookedParadox game won’t let me in right now to double check but I would have swore it was a much larger cost difference. But even if I’m mistaken, the real difference is that we can simply heavy attack to get stam back. And by using silver leash I get a more balanced strain on my resources by leashing with stam and using magicka to root. But I’ll double check later when the game lets me on.

I get that your particular build is able to manage the skill and it's nice to know that someone is successfully using this skill. Chances are that this thread won't see a developer's eyes anyway. However, my argument is the comparison. In a vacuum, Silver Leash is considerably more expensive than Unrelenting Grip and I see this as a imbalanced strain on at least 3/5 current classes in the game because they don't have another option.

How did go from equal to considerably more expensive?

Well, OP point is not that silver leash is useless, but that it need to be buffed. On that I agree, let's all whine so ZOS make silver leash cheaper ^^
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    The refund cost is moderately new for DK chains I believe. I don't remember having that QoL 18 odd months ago.

However a work around which makes leash totally viable and you will probably see more of with the crusher changes next patch - is utilizing a frost staff on the back-bar WITH the passive for magicka blocking. You can run spell sym on the back and use this to keep blocking free, whilst you regenerate stam and chain adds in at a stamina cost.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremors wrote: »
    The refund cost is moderately new for DK chains I believe. I don't remember having that QoL 18 odd months ago.
    Nah, it's been a thing for almost three years, was added in patch 2.3.5
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CrookedParadox I checked. Silver leash for me is 2,984. Fiery grip is 3511.

So silver leash is significantly cheaper.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, it's been a thing for almost three years, was added in patch 2.3.5

Woweee I've played this game too long.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • CrookedParadox
    @ccfeeling I don’t run a lot of vet trials anymore but when I do I run silver leash. I have also pugged all vet DLC dungeons with it. Not to prove I could, but because it’s stronger for my particular build.

@CrookedParadox game won’t let me in right now to double check but I would have swore it was a much larger cost difference. But even if I’m mistaken, the real difference is that we can simply heavy attack to get stam back. And by using silver leash I get a more balanced strain on my resources by leashing with stam and using magicka to root. But I’ll double check later when the game lets me on.

I get that your particular build is able to manage the skill and it's nice to know that someone is successfully using this skill. Chances are that this thread won't see a developer's eyes anyway. However, my argument is the comparison. In a vacuum, Silver Leash is considerably more expensive than Unrelenting Grip and I see this as a imbalanced strain on at least 3/5 current classes in the game because they don't have another option.

How did go from equal to considerably more expensive?

Stamina skills are typically less because the resource pool is used for other things and there isn't a free refund when hitting an invalid target. That seems substantially more expensive to me.
  • CrookedParadox

Do you have any cost reductions? Just want to make sure there's a discrepancy with the Wiki which has it posted at 3510.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Do you have any cost reductions? Just want to make sure there's a discrepancy with the Wiki which has it posted at 3510.

Well there's inbuilt fighters guild cost reduction on the first passive.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I took my cost reduction off to check. With them in silver leash was 2,636 I think.
  • CrookedParadox

Well there's inbuilt fighters guild cost reduction on the first passive.

Good call, this dawned on me shortly after I asked while I was running errands. So with that in consideration, I suppose that just puts the refund mechanic in question. I wonder if the devs have considered some sort of addition like this or if the additional damage is supposed to compensate for it. We may never know I guess. In any event, I appreciate the civil discussion about it and just maybe the devs will consider some sort of adjustment sometime in the future.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care about the stamina cost so much if dark deal on sorc was instant cast but failing that I agree that the cost should be reduced.
    I've hidden your signature.