Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

With the addition of yet another class, how about a class-change token with a ~6 month cooldown?

AlexWaff
AlexWaff
✭✭✭
Since with Elsweyr we will be getting yet another class, I believe it might be a good time to look into a potential class-change token. I know what some people will say, but no - race change is not the same thing at all.

A class-change token would allow you to change the class of an already existing character, keeping all your progress that is not class skill-line experience, which will be reset for the new class' skills. That, plus having a limit of only using a token on one character once, say, every 6 months or more, to make sure nobody is abusing it to be the flavor of the month, which will already be deterred by the fact they still need to level class skill-lines all over, even if not an entire character.

An addition like this would be amazing for all the players who wish to have their main as another class (aka, one of the new classes that might not have been an option back when they started out, for example!) but would not want to roll a completely separate character - they want to change their main's profession, in a sense. I'm sure many others feel the same as me, but I'd happily buy a class-change for my one and only character I play, so I can enjoy the new classes, rather than even bother trying to make an alt catch up with all the questing and collectible progress of my main, just because a class I enjoy way more came out.

Any suggestions or criticism of how such a token should work are welcome, this is what I was able to come up with myself in terms of making it fair, but having the option for all of us who've been wanting it forever.
Edited by AlexWaff on February 3, 2019 10:41PM
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather not have a class change token.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »

Care to elaborate as to why? The complaints I've come across in the past were:
    "We don't need it, we have very few classes anyway." Which is now changing.

"People can use it to min-max, no." Well, that's why it has a long few months cooldown before you can use it on the same character, plus you'll have to level the class skills all over again, so it's not much different than simply rolling a new character for min-maxer, but it would make all the difference for those who are attached to their mains and want to change their class, but keep the character the same.

I don't see how it would be such a bad thing, and I know a lot of people would very much rather have the option to pay for it as opposed to not having the option at all.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest asking this question in the next ESO Live.

It would be a great question to ask. This way you can find out if Zos even has an interest in adding it. Someone asked about the alliance change token idea in the last one. We know now they really do not have an interest in adding the alliance change token.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It would be a great question to ask. This way you can find out if Zos even has an interest in adding it. Someone asked about the alliance change token idea in the last one. We know now they really do not have an interest in adding the alliance change token.

Maybe so, I will have to look into catching that! Until then, making a forum post seemed like the best idea.

I can see why an alliance change token is not something they want to do, given how alliance does not only affect your allegiance, but also a whole lot of complicated quest things, the main quest, the cadwell's silver and gold, faction quest etc.

But class change would not be too far off from race change, since all you really need to do is change out the class skill-lines, and the race does that already. I'd argue the implementation wouldn't be that much harder, at least on first look.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS recently stated they have no intention of adding a class change and said that there are technical reasons why that is the case.

That doesn't mean it will never happen, just that they have no plans to do it.

All the solid, logical reasons to add the feature mean nothing if the current team doesn't want to implement it. They must know that there would be monetary gains to be had and they have weighed that against the cost to implement it and found it to be unviable.

Perhaps they could explore other options that aren't exactly class changes, but could serve to accomplish a similar goal? A class change token may be too technically demanding to be worth their effort, but maybe a reroll token? Allow me to reroll a character from level 1 again but keep certain aspect from the original character? It would have balance issues, but if it would be technically easier to implement, it may be a good place to start.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, but I don't think we can come up with something that would work when we don't even know what the alleged limitations are. The effect of a class-change token in my opinion is primarily that - having an already existing character become another class. What does that entail? That character's progress, achievements, quests done, map discovered etc. remain the same, but the class skills change. I do not know exactly what would be in the way, but if it's the character being a higher level, a level reset would not be the biggest problem. Leveling is not the problem this is supposed to solve, it's the fact characters are locked into a given class and can't ever be anything else.

I'd be playing this game so much more if I could just change my character into say, a Necromancer once they come out. I really like the look of the class, same way I really liked the Warden. But for me, they're as good as nothing when I wouldn't start over years of progress just to play another class. I'd sooner quit since I do not enjoy mine anymore, than do everything I've done all over again.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been asked for many times and not happening any time soon so asking for it over and over isn't going to change the outcome
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    I've never asked before, and never seen it asked over and over. I'm just bringing it up now, because I felt like it's a simple but helpful thing to have, and because I'd sooner stop playing than have to re-make my character and start him all over again just to have him be a new class that I like more.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlexWaff wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Maybe so, I will have to look into catching that! Until then, making a forum post seemed like the best idea.

I can see why an alliance change token is not something they want to do, given how alliance does not only affect your allegiance, but also a whole lot of complicated quest things, the main quest, the cadwell's silver and gold, faction quest etc.

But class change would not be too far off from race change, since all you really need to do is change out the class skill-lines, and the race does that already. I'd argue the implementation wouldn't be that much harder, at least on first look.

Idk. Since 1T alliance has been mostly irrelevant in PvE and they could easily keep the main story line/gold and silver tied to ones original faction so their isn’t much ch difference between the two.

Heck, I’m sure those who want alliance change will still create threads but I expect if Zos is not interested in that they’re not interested in clsss change. It’s really a business decision where one business interest outweighs the revenues expected from clsss change, et. al.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But is it that hard to just level a new character, Race changes im fine with because who doesnt want to be a different race from time to time but i just dont see the point of having a class change
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a class change and an alliance change token. I'd be happy if the cool-down was 6 months on them, just so long as we got them.
    Unfortunately, they don't want us to have this for whatever reason.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A class change token with a 2 month cooldown is not very useful though is it? Sure you keep your skillpoints and guild skill lines, but you don't save that much time - it takes far less than 2 months (less than a week even) to level to 50, grind up FG and MG or whatever it is you need and run around zones grabbing skyshards, and that way you have two characters to choose from. People will change their minds and flood support with tickets because they can't class-change back, and if someone won't change their mind, they might as well commit to creating a new character.

So either a class change token with no cooldown, or nothing; and I'm leaning towards nothing. Others have asked for character Templates to be available for sale on the crown store, the same way the PTS works (basically a pre-made character boost that lets you create a new character with level 50, class and guild skill lines leveled up, and a bunch of skillpoints). But even that would need restrictions imo, like only being able to create a boosted character of a class you already played to 50 the normal way or something to prevent total newbies from flooding high level dungeon runs. So ehh, still just better to have a person create and level up that character if they are serious about it imo.

That said, and knowing how unlikely Alliance change tokens are, I'd still like to see those implemented - Racechange tokens are limited to races in your Alliance, and even if you buy the Adventurer Pack, you can still only switch the race while keeping the Alliance of the original character. A bit of a nuisance and the reason why I'm stuck leveling another sorc alt, because I just won't buy a racechange for my dunmer sorc if it would mean having an EP Altmer afterwards :neutral: Shallow? Yes. Inconvenient? Yes. :lol:
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    A class change token with a 2 month cooldown is not very useful though is it? Sure you keep your skillpoints and guild skill lines, but you don't save that much time - it takes far less than 2 months (less than a week even) to level to 50, grind up FG and MG or whatever it is you need and run around zones grabbing skyshards, and that way you have two characters to choose from. People will change their minds and flood support with tickets because they can't class-change back, and if someone won't change their mind, they might as well commit to creating a new character.

So either a class change token with no cooldown, or nothing; and I'm leaning towards nothing. Others have asked for character Templates to be available for sale on the crown store, the same way the PTS works (basically a pre-made character boost that lets you create a new character with level 50, class and guild skill lines leveled up, and a bunch of skillpoints). But even that would need restrictions imo, like only being able to create a boosted character of a class you already played to 50 the normal way or something to prevent total newbies from flooding high level dungeon runs. So ehh, still just better to have a person create and level up that character if they are serious about it imo.

That said, and knowing how unlikely Alliance change tokens are, I'd still like to see those implemented - Racechange tokens are limited to races in your Alliance, and even if you buy the Adventurer Pack, you can still only switch the race while keeping the Alliance of the original character. A bit of a nuisance and the reason why I'm stuck leveling another sorc alt, because I just won't buy a racechange for my dunmer sorc if it would mean having an EP Altmer afterwards :neutral: Shallow? Yes. Inconvenient? Yes. :lol:

The point is not to save time, though. If anything, you aren't supposed to use it the way you use it to roll alts. It's exactly so it can't be abused. it's just to give the option to change your main's class for cases when you now have an option you did not have before, which keeps happening. I don't want alts, I'd rather have my main become a necromancer, than go make one and do EVERYTHING all over just to copy my main over to a new character. I know this seems like a niche situation, but I've heard of others who feel the same. It's not about efficiency, I have never personally played endgame yet in over a year - my game is completing zones and achievements, on one main character, so I can feel proud of it. Sucks when I don't enjoy playing the class I had picked, though, and have no option to change it.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The point is not to save time, though. If anything, you aren't supposed to use it the way you use it to roll alts. It's exactly so it can't be abused. it's just to give the option to change your main's class for cases when you now have an option you did not have before, which keeps happening. I don't want alts, I'd rather have my main become a necromancer, than go make one and do EVERYTHING all over just to copy my main over to a new character. I know this seems like a niche situation, but I've heard of others who feel the same. It's not about efficiency, I have never personally played endgame yet in over a year - my game is completing zones and achievements, on one main character, so I can feel proud of it. Sucks when I don't enjoy playing the class I had picked, though, and have no option to change it.
    Sounds like a case of obsessive completionism then. If that helps, you could just make a necro that looks like yours, and do the new zone of Elsweyr, and pretend that they are the 'continuation' of your first character that did all the previous zones' achievements, since they don't really affect gameplay and other zones at all. If you are worried about continuity, you can re-run Raz's quests so he greets you as an old friend - the same way I quickly ran the AD story up to Auridon and the Morrowind story in Balmora before starting my new character on a Summerset playthrough (even though it really doesn't impact the game aside from two lines from Raz and Veya). It doesn't take long at all to complete zones on your second playthrough or if you're only doing them for achievements, zones take 2 days max only if you listen to all dialogue and stop to check out every merchant and ambient NPC.

If your gametime consists of completing zones and achievements, what would you even do on your new class if you already have your zones and achievements? It's a shame that you don't enjoy playing your class, but that's what alts are there for so maybe you could give it a try :smile: It's not that bad to have an achi completion char and a fun char to do gameplay and try endgame with since you don't do that on your main anyway.

PS: I'm exactly the opposite, I try to tailor my experience through my character choices rather than experience everything through one single char. Playing Murkmire as an Argonian explorer, Summerset as a High Elf mage, Orisnium as an Orc warrior, etc. is a lot more interesting and engaging than having to run it all on a Dunmer nightblade because I made that my first char once upon a time. The game even rewards this with immersive dialogue and different NPC reactions, which adds so much more to these stories, and increases the replayability of them so that they are fun even when you run them on a different character. :smile:
    Edited by bluebird on February 3, 2019 2:30AM
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that could be right, I do exhibit a lot of OCD behaviors.

But really, dunno. A class-change that is made the way I suggested, so it isn't exploitable, but at least gives the option for those that might want it, sounds like an alright idea to me. I know it won't happen, and when Elsweyr comes I might just try doing a Necro khajiit, run through the base main quest and AD zones again, and if it feels more fun I'll bring him through everything and then do Elsweyr. At that point, though, I'd rather do it all in order just like I did on my main, that was one if my biggest goals - to get the correct recognitions in DB/Morrowind/Summerset that I've done the ones before.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that could be right, I do exhibit a lot of OCD behaviors.

But really, dunno. A class-change that is made the way I suggested, so it isn't exploitable, but at least gives the option for those that might want it, sounds like an alright idea to me. I know it won't happen, and when Elsweyr comes I might just try doing a Necro khajiit, run through the base main quest and AD zones again, and if it feels more fun I'll bring him through everything and then do Elsweyr. At that point, though, I'd rather do it all in order just like I did on my main, that was one if my biggest goals - to get the correct recognitions in DB/Morrowind/Summerset that I've done the ones before.
    I can empathize with wanting to get a character 'just right', and I hope you'll find enjoyment in finding some workaround or solution to your problem - as you said, ZOS aren't planning on class changes right now. It's not even as bad as I initially thought (since I was considering the skill and guild grind which is boring and repetitive), because if the primary concern is story and recognitions, the game does have a pretty good replay experience compared to other brainless grindy games. Even when rerunning the same content you can experience different choices and outcomes (even more variety if you run it on a different race), with the added freshness of your shiny new class skills so it won't just be the same. So I genuinely hope you'll have fun with your new Khajiit necro, and who knows maybe it will grow on you :smile:
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »

Care to elaborate as to why? The complaints I've come across in the past were:
    "We don't need it, we have very few classes anyway." Which is now changing.

"People can use it to min-max, no." Well, that's why it has a long few months cooldown before you can use it on the same character, plus you'll have to level the class skills all over again, so it's not much different than simply rolling a new character for min-maxer, but it would make all the difference for those who are attached to their mains and want to change their class, but keep the character the same.

I don't see how it would be such a bad thing, and I know a lot of people would very much rather have the option to pay for it as opposed to not having the option at all.

EXACTLY.

I've heard a lot of complaints that it would result in flavor of the month class changes and not enough diversity, but anyone who's that concerned about gameplay nuances can already just make one of each class and choose to mostly play whichever one is currently perceived as the best.

But thinking from a Role-play, Story-telling and Character side of things (as opposed to game-mechanics), a class change makes even more sense than a race change. Perhaps a new class suits your character more than the choices available when you made them? (my problem) What if your character has a midlife crisis and realizes he's been repressing his inner dragonknight and doesn't want to be a sorcerer anymore?

One of my favorite characters who has all crafting research, many many motifs, all riding upgrades, many dyes unlocked from his achievements etc. etc. should have been a Warden (nature loving healer), but that class didn't exist when I created him when the game first came out. There's no way I'm just going to remake him, but... I've always had the issue that he just doesn't like most of his class skills that much, he'd love to be able to conjure healing flowers, that's where his heart is at, but alas... not possible.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on February 3, 2019 5:49PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why this conversation is still going on zos said there are no plans for this
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it'd be horrible. Every 3 months when a new patch and class ability changes happen, people would just jump on whichever is the strongest. It'd be horrible in pvp.

• AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    No, it'd be horrible. Every 3 months when a new patch and class ability changes happen, people would just jump on whichever is the strongest. It'd be horrible in pvp.

That's why it will have a longer cooldown when using it on the same character, and every time you use it it will obviously restart the level of the class skill-lines.

As if people can't do this already? Most have a pre-made character for each class and just switch around with the meta anyway. This is not supposed to be used this way, that's why it will have the limitations that make it undesirable when compared to alts - it's just so it gives the option to do this, which many people would like to. More-so from a role-playing perspective rather than min-maxing, which is already not hard after you get those few characters going, which you can also race-change at will every time the racials balance is different. I don't think this would impact the game in any way but positive.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why it will have a longer cooldown when using it on the same character, and every time you use it it will obviously restart the level of the class skill-lines.

As if people can't do this already? Most have a pre-made character for each class and just switch around with the meta anyway. This is not supposed to be used this way, that's why it will have the limitations that make it undesirable when compared to alts - it's just so it gives the option to do this, which many people would like to. More-so from a role-playing perspective rather than min-maxing, which is already not hard after you get those few characters going, which you can also race-change at will every time the racials balance is different. I don't think this would impact the game in any way but positive.

You said 2 months, patches are every 3 months. So they can totally jump on the bandwagon.

For pvp it would be horrible if you can change class that soon. Do you know how many spin to win stam wardens there would be? Even though levelling up is stupid easy these days, it still puts people off doing it for the sake of a few months. If you can just pay like £20, people would do it constantly. It would make PvP utterly boring if 90% of us are the same for these 3 months.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭

You said 2 months, patches are every 3 months. So they can totally jump on the bandwagon.

For pvp it would be horrible if you can change class that soon. Do you know how many spin to win stam wardens there would be? Even though levelling up is stupid easy these days, it still puts people off doing it for the sake of a few months. If you can just pay like £20, people would do it constantly. It would make PvP utterly boring if 90% of us are the same for these 3 months.
    What I said is a suggestion. They can obviously make it 6 months, or more if they wanted. This is the EASIEST thing to change. And again, you'll have to level the the class skills all over - the ones that take as long as leveling your character to 50. You level CP normally, and it levels those skill-lines. That way it will be no better than rolling an alt, and even worse, since you can roll an alt for free and keep both characters. Again, there's a LOT that can be done to make sure that this is not unbalanced, but simply provides the option for flavor and role-playing reasons. Jumping against it every time it's mentioned it and never taking the time to actually think "Okay, then how can we make this fair then?" Because I don't understand why I should not be able to have my one and only main become another class he couldn't have been and I really want him to be, just because other people think I want it to work by giving some unfair advantage. No, if anything they can easily make it disadvantageous when it comes to endgame, but I still stand by my opinion that having this as an option is something many of us would appreciate (and in some cases like mine really imporove my enjoyment of the game and stop me from quitting constantly because I don't have fun).
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What I said is a suggestion. They can obviously make it 6 months, or more if they wanted. This is the EASIEST thing to change. And again, you'll have to level the the class skills all over - the ones that take as long as leveling your character to 50. You level CP normally, and it levels those skill-lines. That way it will be no better than rolling an alt, and even worse, since you can roll an alt for free and keep both characters. Again, there's a LOT that can be done to make sure that this is not unbalanced, but simply provides the option for flavor and role-playing reasons. Jumping against it every time it's mentioned it and never taking the time to actually think "Okay, then how can we make this fair then?" Because I don't understand why I should not be able to have my one and only main become another class he couldn't have been and I really want him to be, just because other people think I want it to work by giving some unfair advantage. No, if anything they can easily make it disadvantageous when it comes to endgame, but I still stand by my opinion that having this as an option is something many of us would appreciate (and in some cases like mine really imporove my enjoyment of the game and stop me from quitting constantly because I don't have fun).

You can stand by your opinion all you want. You're entitled. But this has been asked 50 million times and had 50 million NOs.

Either it is a technical issue or ZOS think it's a bad idea because meta chasers will chance even more. Either way, I hope it never comes.

I don't buy the roleplay arguement either. If anything, it'd go against it surely? All of a sudden your dude is skilled in something entirely different? Makes no sense. It's be used by meta chasers.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 3, 2019 10:15PM
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭

You can stand by your opinion all you want. You're entitled. But this has been asked 50 million times and had 50 million NOs.

Either it is a technical issue or ZOS think it's a bad idea because meta chasers will chance even more. Either way, I hope it never comes.

Alright then. You know, people keep praising the community for being great, but the reception I've gotten from asking this and trying to solve the problems people say such an addition would bring to just get anything I say completely disregarded because of the "class-change bad" mindset. Hell, if they made it reduce all your stats people would still say it's overpowered/unfair just because it's they're too lost into their own idea of a "clas-change" that they're afraid of.

In that logic, why the hell does race-change exist? It's simply cosmetic, people need the option to change their race if they decide they want to? *** that, it's used by min-maxers to be the flavor of the month race! And there's no drawbacks to doing it as many times as you want on a whim. Why should people get to do that and not just roll a different race like they're supposed to, then? This is the absolutely same logic here. class change doesn't have to be like race change, hell, race change doesn't have to be this way either. They're supposed to give the flavor option to switch the roleplay perspective of your character. If anything, even if it was allowed to be the way race change is it'd barely be "pay to win" same way race change is not pay to win, but it has the same problem people complain about with this, but it's actually in the game with none of the restrictions it could have.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Alright then. You know, people keep praising the community for being great, but the reception I've gotten from asking this and trying to solve the problems people say such an addition would bring to just get anything I say completely disregarded because of the "class-change bad" mindset. Hell, if they made it reduce all your stats people would still say it's overpowered/unfair just because it's they're too lost into their own idea of a "clas-change" that they're afraid of.

In that logic, why the hell does race-change exist? It's simply cosmetic, people need the option to change their race if they decide they want to? *** that, it's used by min-maxers to be the flavor of the month race! And there's no drawbacks to doing it as many times as you want on a whim. Why should people get to do that and not just roll a different race like they're supposed to, then? This is the absolutely same logic here. class change doesn't have to be like race change, hell, race change doesn't have to be this way either. They're supposed to give the flavor option to switch the roleplay perspective of your character. If anything, even if it was allowed to be the way race change is it'd barely be "pay to win" same way race change is not pay to win, but it has the same problem people complain about with this, but it's actually in the game with none of the restrictions it could have.

So because people don't agree with you, the community doesn't deserve the praise people give it??

Race change is different. Until this patch, when did last get changed? Shadows of the hist? That's a long time. After this complete overhaul, it'll be even longer before races are changed by ZOS.

I'm going to assume you don't PvP much because you would understand the problem this would cause.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 3, 2019 10:26PM
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭

So because people don't agree with you, the community doesn't deserve the praise people give it??

Race change is different. Until this patch, when did last get changed? Shadows of the hist? That's a long time. After this complete overhaul, it'll be even longer before races are changed by ZOS.

I'm going to assume you don't PvP much because you would understand the problem this would cause.

Then how do we make it not cause a problem?
    Is having a 6 month or 1 year cooldown on the same character, having to level all the class skilllines all over again (essentially making it take just as long as rolling an alt) and anything else that would help make it balanced? Nobody has ever suggested anything, just mercilessly called me names for wanting it and suggesting we think of a way it could work. No, I don't do pvp nor pve. I'm still trying to ask for ideas how it could be implemented without dusrupting those scenes, and nobody has taken the time to look into it.

(No, obviously it does not discredit the praise the community receives, but this backwards mindset I'm seeing when it comes to race change is a bit unexpected. Almost nobody is willing to have a discussion and think of a solution, just "I sure hope not, I hate this idea." Well, gee, thanks for the help.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is having a 6 month or 1 year cooldown on the same character, having to level all the class skilllines all over again (essentially making it take just as long as rolling an alt) and anything else that would help make it balanced? Nobody has ever suggested anything, just mercilessly called me names for wanting it and suggesting we think of a way it could work. No, I don't do pvp nor pve. I'm still trying to ask for ideas how it could be implemented without dusrupting those scenes, and nobody has taken the time to look into it.

(No, obviously it does not discredit the praise the community receives, but this backwards mindset I'm seeing when it comes to race change is a bit unexpected. Almost nobody is willing to have a discussion and think of a solution, just "I sure hope not, I hate this idea." Well, gee, thanks for the help.

While a year cool down would be better, the problem would still persist. Whatever is strongest THAT patch would be all we see in PvP. I did suggest something - not having the option. I presented reasons why and in my opinion are completely valid.

There's no need for a solution - we should just not have it. It then doesn't create a problem in need of a solution. So nobody needs to "help" you find one. I haven't called you names, just disagreed with your opinion and pointed out that everytime someone asks for it, it is usually hugely opposed here and is never implemented. There's obviously a reason for that.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭

While a year cool down would be better, the problem would still persist. Whatever is strongest THAT patch would be all we see in PvP. I did suggest something - not having the option. I presented reasons why and in my opinion are completely valid.

There's no need for a solution - we should just not have it. It then doesn't create a problem in need of a solution. So nobody needs to "help" you find one. I haven't called you names, just disagreed with your opinion and pointed out that everytime someone asks for it, it is usually hugely opposed here and is never implemented. There's obviously a reason for that.

Alright, then why not allow people only have one character? Anybody can just make a character of every single class, hell, 2 of each class for each stat build, and easily change between them at will and play only the current flavor of the month.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Alright, then why not allow people only have one character? Anybody can just make a character of every single class, hell, 2 of each class for each stat build, and easily change between them at will and play only the current flavor of the month.

Well yeh, you can do that. But you still need skill points, undaunted, alliance war skills, weapon skills etc. You need to invest time and it puts people off just playing FOTM.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭

Well yeh, you can do that. But you still need skill points, undaunted, alliance war skills, weapon skills etc. You need to invest time and it puts people off just playing FOTM.

Yeah, and if they decide that's a big enough problem, they can have those skills reset, too. So, is it "no big deal" to roll an alt and get those things, or is it a grind that puts people off? Both seem to be true when it's to be used as an argument against class change.