The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you run any items that are Invigorating trait?

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I like what it offers me stat wise.
    I have a full blown tank running nothing but invigorating and Regen sets. Works fine enough for utility but has no damage. Really fun to play. My take? It needed to be twice what it is to be really worth it.

I'm running Warden high elf, 12k mag, 12k Stam, 28k health, 1400ish SD and wd, 26k-27k ish resists with 5 pieces willows, 4 lives Oblivion foe and 3 pieces vampire kiss, all invigorating, all heavy and purple with purple health enchants. 2.1k Magicka Regen, 1.9k Stam Regen, 2.5k health Regen, unbuffed. It works fine, but I wish I could have higher health Regen and the trait would need to be slightly higher for that, so I could replace my Jewel enchant from attribute Regen to pure health.

Btw, playing like this is a LOT of fun, but if you dps sucks, be ready for a 30 minutes run on fg1... 😂
    Edited by ZonasArch on February 1, 2019 11:03AM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Invigorating is straight garbage!
    I tried to run 7x invigorating combined with Willows path 5 piece for NO CP pvp in bgs, but it just SUX because the incoming crit damage is so High (even in no CP)i, Impen is so much better....
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is Invigorating?
    I'm running Training until I max CP. Maybe I'll figure out what "Invigorating" is if I ever finish :D
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    I'm running Training until I max CP. Maybe I'll figure out what "Invigorating" is if I ever finish :D

Your chance is now! Go go go!
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is Invigorating?
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Working on it... slowly. For some reason, Enlightenment spoils me too much so I can't take being on that toon once it's over. Still, I'm at 596, I think. Maybe I'll finish this century, especially with the plethora of beautiful XP scrolls this month ;)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    I tried to run 7x invigorating combined with Willows path 5 piece for NO CP pvp in bgs, but it just SUX because the incoming crit damage is so High (even in no CP)i, Impen is so much better....

That says to me that inpen needs nerfing.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManicDee wrote: »
    I'd consider Invigorating if and only if the resource recovery applied to the style of combat that this item's weight was typically used for. For example, a light piece with invigorating trait would boost magicka recovery, a medium piece would boost stamina.

And the recovery has to be worth losing the 20% max stat that the infused armour previously had, or the 7.5% bonus to the mundus stone that the divines trait provided. So for recovery, that's 16 magicka recovery from Divines as opposed to 11 for a golded out chest piece in Invigorating.

Sure, you get health and stamina recovery, but as a magicka user those resources are of little use to me: in PVP a tiny trickle of recovery is not going to help since battles are burst damage. In PVE a tiny trickle isn't going to help since a fight is over before that 11 magicka recovery matches potions, orbs or heavy attacks. Perhaps in duels the stamina recovery might come in handy just in case the opponent misses a stun or snare (but I'm still better off focussing on burst damage to finish the fight earlier).

Then there's the issue that as soon as Invigorating is made even a tiny smidgin better than divines/infused, that will become the new "best in slot" and we'll end up complaining that divines isn't powerful enough.

Perhaps some new use for invigorating will come out one day, but while the entire game is focussed around maximising DPS that won't happen.

Having trouble with that veteran trial? Boost your DPS so you can ignore the mechanics.

Having trouble levelling? Boost your DPS so you gain XP faster.

Having trouble getting writs done? Boost your DPS so you collect materials faster (or "collect stuff that you sell for gold to then buy the materials" faster).

Having trouble getting quests done between putting kids to bed and going to bed yourself? Boost your DPS so the hack and slash parts take far less time, improving your gametime efficiency.

There's the occasional puzzle in your way to unlock the thing you need to apply DPS to. There are very few dungeons that allow you to sneak and pilfer your way through to complete quests (and the ones that do, don't provide other options for completion). You can't blade-of-woe bosses. You can't pickpocket weapons away from mobs you are supposed to kill.

If it was possible for example to sneak, pickpocket and assassinate your way through Darkshade Caverns instead of beating everything up until it stops moving, then a set of invigorating equipment might come in handy.

But for the meantime, Divines is pretty much the only trait of interest for PVE so everything else is a waste of time. Epic quality Mothers Sorrow in sturdy? Not even worth looting.

What if they randomly (OMG not more rng I hear the cries) assigned values? Instead of say 7 7 7 it could drop 13 5 3. Maybe there be a 5% chance it can work out to be better than divines.
    Edited by Matchimus on February 1, 2019 11:48AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating pieces are automatically decon fodder.

But impen virtually has no use in pve minus the wear and tear cost reduction on your armor repair bill. In pvp impen trait is in a good place. If anything nerf Impregnable armor set instead of impen trait or impen cp tree.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Working on it... slowly. For some reason, Enlightenment spoils me too much so I can't take being on that toon once it's over. Still, I'm at 596, I think. Maybe I'll finish this century, especially with the plethora of beautiful XP scrolls this month ;)

Random BGs and dungeon still give exp bonus after the first, plus AP for one, and second for the other. Does this help? Because grinding CP is the 8th circle of hell.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hahaha fantastic summary of the forums right there!
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong. I think that invigorating should be changed to something useful.
    But the poll is definitely biased :)
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong. I think that invigorating should be changed to something useful.
    But the poll is definitely biased :)

Biased how?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But impen virtually has no use in pve minus the wear and tear cost reduction on your armor repair bill. In pvp impen trait is in a good place. If anything nerf Impregnable armor set instead of impen trait or impen cp tree.

Impen will save you money on repairs, so that is something but as you said, virtually nothing.

I was being facetious. Thing is though, it is not far from the truth. Inpen is so much better then the other defensive armor traits, namely reinforced, nirnhoned and maybe divines with a defensive mundus, that those other traits are never even considered.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is Invigorating?

Random BGs and dungeon still give exp bonus after the first, plus AP for one, and second for the other. Does this help? Because grinding CP is the 8th circle of hell.

I quit battlegrounds early since I suck and if you end up with people who can't make up for your lack, you get nothing for the effort. It just doesn't feel worth it to me, especially the way the "rewards" you get insult you.

I only play solo, so the dungeon thing's kind of a no-go for me. That's why it's taking me forever and a day ;) Quest XP outside enlightenment is pathetic. But questing has always been my game in every MMO I've played, so at some point I just suck it up or swap to my lvl 38 Argonian instead.
    Edited by jainiadral on February 1, 2019 12:08PM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Impen will save you money on repairs, so that is something but as you said, virtually nothing.

I was being facetious. Thing is though, it is not far from the truth. Inpen is so much better then the other defensive armor traits, namely reinforced, nirnhoned and maybe divines with a defensive mundus, that those other traits are never even considered.

I know! I got your joke ;) I was laughing with you, not at you.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating pieces are automatically decon fodder.
    99iiiiiiiine problems.....
    but invigorating ain’t one...