Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Way to Counter Winning PvP Strategy?

• WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Actually sitting here thinking and DC once again is struggling to pop lock on Vivec, AD at least pop locks there so I am not sure where their "army" is but I guess I am kind of glad they don't go to the EP AOTP extreme. Then there is EP seemingly dominating pops on most campaigns. Is it really that many shallow Skyrimers or is there a bandwagon of low character people taking the easy way after that started?

I'm not surprised at all this post is from a Salty DC player.
    You guys send the most hate whispers and it's HILARIOUS.
    This is why so many dislike DC.
    But you are entertaining, I'll give ya that.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been playing solo or in a 2-3 man squad a lot lately and it disgusts me what cyrodiil has become. So many people stack up and follow the zerg, especially now after the double AP event you will always find 30+ people attacking a keep/outpost. There is almost no chance for smaller groups to perform well (talking about No CP Campaign right now). 30 noobs hunting you for 5 AP and you can't even split them, they either come all at once or nobody at all.

Solo or small groups are where it's at! I COULD run with one of the three PvP guilds I'm in and do the whole "moving blob" thing but it is not as fun nor as rewarding as filling up the "kill 20/40 players" quest yourself and winning through skill rather than numbers.
    It's about time ZOS starts thinking about how to make people spread a little bit. Epic large scale battles/sieges are nice, but getting chased by 30 people at a ressource is not.

Agree 100% the towns were a step in the right direction but it's not enough or as rewarding to incentivize smaller scale play.
    For most people ball groups are evil and yeah, there are a lot of noob ball groups that hunt solo players, but Dracarys is not one of them. They are the Heroes Cyrodiil deserves and the ones that it needs right now

#f***factionstackingzergs
    #morepowertoorganziedgroupplay (whether it is 2 man, 6 man, 8 man or 12-16 man)

I appreciate Drac too :) they are good players and actually use tactics like flanking and surprise. I hate chasing them around rocks though or when members of my faction follow them around blind corners after I yell at them not to XD I've never lagged when fighting Drac either.
    Edited by Steelshiv on January 31, 2019 10:50PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually sitting here thinking and DC once again is struggling to pop lock on Vivec, AD at least pop locks there so I am not sure where their "army" is but I guess I am kind of glad they don't go to the EP AOTP extreme. Then there is EP seemingly dominating pops on most campaigns. Is it really that many shallow Skyrimers or is there a bandwagon of low character people taking the easy way after that started?

I'm not surprised at all this post is from a Salty DC player.
    You guys send the most hate whispers and it's HILARIOUS.
    This is why so many dislike DC.
    But you are entertaining, I'll give ya that.

No ones salty. What I said was simply questioning why it's a fact there are so many EP. I'm surprised anyone can send much salt. I mean who do you send it to? So few stand out as being anything more than part of the lag out.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been the majority of my experience fighting the AotP groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5srG36FOhQ

The main point is at the end. After wiping two raids with still a ton of EP around, half our group crashes and AotP takes the keep.

Edit: I will say I have been able to get better performance by not recording video, not using addons, and reducing my graphics settings during primetime, but it has not reduced the disconnects and getting stuck on those render lines in the ground.
    Edited by TBois on January 31, 2019 11:22PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    This has been the majority of my experience fighting the AotP groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5srG36FOhQ

Nice clip. I give credit where credit is due as that was a well placed meat bag on the front door which took out some of our key members. Thanks for the hard lesson that was a tough fight.

Edited by Ahtu on February 1, 2019 3:26AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No ones salty. What I said was simply questioning why it's a fact there are so many EP. I'm surprised anyone can send much salt. I mean who do you send it to? So few stand out as being anything more than part of the lag out.

Vivec pop locks pretty much every night and every faction often has a queue -- altho in the case of DC it might be a token single digit queue. It's not actual lack of numbers to fight EP. It's that you CAN'T fight the lag-inducing blob and stay connected to the server; it's like the worst last emp keep fight you've ever been in except everywhere.

So there are a number of AD and DC that choose to brawl in the Ash to Roe Farm corridor, or around Brindle, or pretty much anywhere else the game actually functions.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could be worse. At least they aren't intentionally rolling back the server with healing springs spam. :D
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, the large flat ticks awarded to an unlimited number of players for capturing undefended objectives need to go.

The fatal flaw that enables AOTP and other zergs is that it is profitable to zerg an undefended map. This simply has to change or there will be no improvement. Cyrodiil is way too attractive to those who would also zerg grind dolmens.

The capture x keeps/resources quests need to be adjusted as they are part of what makes the PVE map zerging attractive.

Secondly, objective play in this game is completely broken. It is generally capture and leave when it should be capture and hold. This is particularly true for resources. The scoring mechanics should be much more robust than they are. The scoring should ultimately favor holding an enemy objective for as long as possible -- but nuanced enough to end strangleholds and deadlocks.

PVP should be what drives all significant rewards in Cyrodiil. Players looking for Cyrodiilic rewards should be motivated to seek out PVP.
    Edited by zyk on February 1, 2019 3:44AM
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think DC has the winning strategy. If the map looks playable play it. If EP has scrolls crossed log out and do something else or play on a different server. Way to much time lost to loading screens for cyrodill to have an non-negative value associated with it. Maybe see if anything is going on at Nikel and environs and if not forget it. Terrible time investment. If you are like the north-Vietnamese guy who was the living incarnation of the art of war wasting others people time might be part of your campaign strategy. It's a war in a game. Which of the two takes precedent depends on the sanity of the player.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Apparently this is what most people enjoy doing nowadays. Playing with as many as possible and zerg people down while the enemy cannot cast skills or weapon swap or dodge roll or cc break because the server is melting. People don't care if the server is lagging crazy because they win in most scenarios. Even if those large groups are lagging too, in the end they still have more healing and damage potential and wins the fights.

If someday servers get more responsive and give a chance to the opposition to cast skills, they will most likely lose in 90% of the scenarios because people playing with 3full raids stacked on each other don't learn anything and never really improve at the game. As a result, they are not effective whatsoever and die very quick when not carried by everyone else.

I'm not saying that I am not being carried when I play with a 16men group, but at least I try to seek fights where I will be outnumbered, or fighting the same amount of people, pushing my limits and challenging myself to get better.

12 is the new 6
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Vivec pop locks pretty much every night and every faction often has a queue -- altho in the case of DC it might be a token single digit queue. It's not actual lack of numbers to fight EP. It's that you CAN'T fight the lag-inducing blob and stay connected to the server; it's like the worst last emp keep fight you've ever been in except everywhere.

So there are a number of AD and DC that choose to brawl in the Ash to Roe Farm corridor, or around Brindle, or pretty much anywhere else the game actually functions.

But it doesn't always pop lock for DC. Not sure about last night but Tuesday and Wednesday; there were 3 bars DC until at least 9 PM eastern. You avoid the blob but it doesn't matter as the entire server is lagging and people on DC were just logging off so I'm sure that made it take longer.

They really need to reduce the cap with moving IC out, and probably make it a dynamic pop cap. Share score with Shor as a 2nd 30 day campaign or something. Then when thats going to mean you have a harder time getting in on an uber inflated pop faction; sell faction change tokens with a 30 day cooldown.
    Edited by technohic on February 1, 2019 11:48AM