The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Combat Balance Changes?

Jakx
Jakx
✭✭✭✭✭
Are we receiving combat balance changes in this upcoming update or no? I notice that we still don't have a combat vision update so is that what is potentially hindering any combat balancing for this upcoming patch? Curious to know what's going on here.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam
Joined September 2013
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think so. first racials; then necro + few balance.

the big balance job (if there is one to be done one day) will probably occur with 3rd or 4th part of "elsweyr" 's release.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i dont think so. first racials; then necro + few balance.

the big balance job (if there is one to be done one day) will probably occur with 3rd or 4th part of "elsweyr" 's release.

sadly it seems like this is whats gona happen...keeping magDK in a bad spot in PVE for a whole other year :disappointed:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos already answered your question as they stated very clearly they would be pulling back on the combat changes in U21. That the following was their planned changes for this update.
    • New item sets for our Q1 2019 DLC
    • Redesigns for several PvP item sets that are currently rarely used
    • A balance pass on racial passive abilities
    • A small number of other balance changes, many of which are wrapping up efforts the team took on in U20
    • An assortment of bug fixes

That is posted in the pinned thread for combat changes in this update. So I doubt they will reply to this thread as they already answered the question very clearly.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos already answered your question as they stated very clearly they would be pulling back on the combat changes in U21. That the following was their planned changes for this update.
    • A small number of other balance changes, many of which are wrapping up efforts the team took on in U20

That is posted in the pinned thread for combat changes in this update. So I doubt they will reply to this thread as they already answered the question very clearly.

Quite an interesting state to leave the game in, no combat vision and as such no balance changes. Gotcha, thanks for posting.
    Joined September 2013
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe at the time they posted, they didn‘t know combat team lead will change. Regardless, there‘s some urgent issues whose addressment is long due. Whatever happens during this PTS is basically their final testimony regarding the „vision“ for this game.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »

Maybe at the time they posted, they didn‘t know combat team lead will change. Regardless, there‘s some urgent issues whose addressment is long due. Whatever happens during this PTS is basically their final testimony regarding the „vision“ for this game.

"Final testimony regarding the 'vision' for this game"? What does that even mean?

There are 3 more major updates on the calendar for this year alone.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Buzo wrote: »

"Final testimony regarding the 'vision' for this game"? What does that even mean?

There are 3 more major updates on the calendar for this year alone.

So have been all the previous years. And all it changed was: More performance issues, balance issues, bugs etc. Always contrary of what has been promised.

And what does it „really mean“. This year the first real competitor to eso should launch. To me it means not to wait another 6-11 months in good faith that anything would change, if they‘re not finally proving it.
    Edited by Rukzadlithau on January 31, 2019 8:21PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »

Quite an interesting state to leave the game in, no combat vision and as such no balance changes. Gotcha, thanks for posting.

The biggest issue with combat is bugs and performance. That should be addressed first and set the foundation for future combat changes.