The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Breton stuck on magicka?

Drygon
Drygon
✭✭✭
Seeing that they gave Altmer stamina regen i would have expected Bretons to get something out of this too, mostly to help them on a stamina build that is complemented by magicka. 7% Magicka Cost reduction is a lot, why not give them something stamina related instead of 100 magicka recovery? Or even Health, they are a mixed race afther all... What i want to ask is, should i hold any hope in this direction or should i just change race? Besides, i wouldn't care that much if riding skill was account wide but i am tired of leveling it on every single character....
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think, that bretons will get any boni for stamina gameplay.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's give every race stamina and magicka boni so that every race is the same yay, great diversity.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Let's give every race stamina and magicka boni so that every race is the same yay, great diversity.

No!
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    breton and redguards are the sustain races, for each resource there's one race, and thats good how it is.

If you picked breton long time ago, in the hopes they make the passives, that you could also use them for stam, then you were unlucky with those racechanges..

but you will get a minium of one race change token, so you wil be able to racechange your breton, if you really want to have some stamina bonis.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    breton and redguards are the sustain races, for each resource there's one race, and thats good how it is.

If you picked breton long time ago, in the hopes they make the passives, that you could also use them for stam, then you were unlucky with those racechanges..

but you will get a minium of one race change token, so you wil be able to racechange your breton, if you really want to have some stamina bonis.

You really think they will do that? It is only that i became attached to the breton over the series (in single players you are strong no matter the race). But if they give us a race change that should fix it. Thanks for the hope! ^_^
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you're saying that Breton Stamblades are getting a buff for even more sustain on the magic side???

GG EZ now 😏
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the new race changes is that some races (Breton, Imperial, etc.) stayed pidgeon-holed while others (Altmer, Khajiit) got inexplicable bonuses to other resources.

Now, that extra Stamina return won't make these new Altmer an awesome Stamina class, but at least they get some benefit. The same would be true for Breton Stamina cost reduction, still nowhere near a 'good' stamina character pick, but better than nothing and fair is fair.

Same for Imperial, bonus Magicka or Stamina depending on which is higher wouldn't make their otherwise lame racials OP for Magicka classes, but there is no reason that a race of sneaky cat-burglars should suddenly have awesome magicka and spell crit bonuses, while a Divine-worshipping, battle-mage-heavy, Tharn-family-indcluding diverse race of Cyrodill humans shouldn't.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Drygon wrote: »

You really think they will do that? It is only that i became attached to the breton over the series (in single players you are strong no matter the race). But if they give us a race change that should fix it. Thanks for the hope! ^_^

Yes, ZoS has said that they will be giving one free race change per account, so if your Breton just isn't working out for you, then you will have the option to change.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want the 100 magicka recovery for my Breton, pls don't take it away Q_Q
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bretons Stam toons get more spell resistance.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons Stam toons get more spell resistance.

Plus more magicka, magicka cost reduction and a little bit of magicka regen. Due to the fact that stamina builds also use magicka for utility, these bonuses are pretty useful. In fact, racial bonuses can solve all problems with magicka sustain.
    The same can be said about magicka builds using "stamina race".

In my opinion, this patch introduced more than enough diversity in race choice.
    Everything is viable
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbf, I have no idea why Altmers get conditional stamina regen. Altmer are the most magical race in ESO. They should be the last with any stamina bonuses. Breton would make a lot more sense to have some small stamina bonus, since they are basically a hybrid race.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Tbf, I have no idea why Altmers get conditional stamina regen. Altmer are the most magical race in ESO. They should be the last with any stamina bonuses. Breton would make a lot more sense to have some small stamina bonus, since they are basically a hybrid race.

I agree High Elf is the most magical race, but so is Breton. Theyve always gotten pure magicka stats boosts in the single player games minus a couple speech traits since they are known for being great politicians and traders, etc.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf magicka Bretons :sweat_smile: I want my main characters to be somewhat viable for the 1st time in 5 years and not look like a gimped magicka caster at long last
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk