The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ahliya - Altmer - Templar - Xbox One NA

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's my main character Ahliya - also spelled Ahliyah sometimes because I like both - (probably going to change her name one day but I don't feel like paying right now)

hseqz74h3qc7.png

Yes, I'm a guy playing a female character. It's not weird. Shaddup!

She's what I guess you could call a "vanilla-plar", meaning she's very plain and maybe even a little "boring" in a way. She's a High Elf. She primarily uses class skills. She's not a vampire. She wears light armor. On the front bar, she uses sword and board. On the back bar, a restoration staff.

Aliyah utterly abhors the powers of darkness and she charges straight into battle with reckless courage. Though she is always on the hunt for undead, werewolves, necromancers, and daedra to purge, her true nature is that of a protector. She doesn't take pleasure in violence but she does what she must to ensure that the darkness never overtakes the light.

I don't win a whole lot but I'm playing the way I want to play so I have to take the losses as they come. I'm always on the forums asking for some of the weaknesses of Templars and light armor to be addressed. And even though I'm tempted to switch to another type of armor, I want to stick with light armor until things finally improve. Don't let the costume fool you, she's in all light armor.

Here's a video showing what it's like to TRY to PVP in battlegrounds with my set-up. My stats are shown in the video as well. They're not impressive but they're not too bad. Still, I get blown out of the water lots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhmUzjZwaiI

Oh, there are a number of times I couldn't manage to bar swap and heal. When you see me doing the Ritual of Retribution multiple times, know that I was trying to bar swap and heal.

I changed my gear recently:
I still feel squishy as hell. I switched to a heavy chestplate and medium pants:

https://youtu.be/MDquvvrfiQo

Edited by StarOfElyon on February 3, 2019 6:51PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 3, 2019 6:51PM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On your updated Build with julianos and Axiom. How about some buff food? Tristat buff food would increase your overall stats a lot. 5k more on everything.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to food: I go back and forth between using the noodles and witchmothers. The noodles really helps with stamina but then I have trouble sustaining magicka. Witchmothers is great for magicka but then my stamina is easier to drain by constantly having to break free.

This video was made right before it dawned on me that I could buy the recipes instead of waiting for the game to finally drop them. The problem is still trying to boost stamina without running into magicka sustain issues even with good buff foods.

I'm probably going to start using immovabilty potions instead of tri-stat or health-magicka potions. The only thing that is really hurting me right now is the CC meta. I can't win if I cant move.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 29, 2019 2:15PM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this build:

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=114084

Decent damage by 2850 spell damage and 35k magicka, a lot of penetration by light armor passive and ele drain. 1k stam regen and 15.5k max stamina. 2k Magicka regen + ele drain. All No Cp. Please keep in mind these stats shown there are buffed by a Tristat potion, major and minor sorcery and your rune armor buff.

If you dont like Vampire you can drop it and Change one spell damage juwelry enchant into magicka Recovery.

And with the upcoming changes to highelf passive you shouldnt have any issues by sustaining your stamina.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle breaker is tempting. Right now, I'm going to try adding tri-stat glyphs on my legs when I get another essence rune. If that doesn't help enough I'll add some stamina traits to my jewelry instead of magicka recovery maybe. It really depends on how much the racial passives pay off because I almost exclusively use class skills.

And if all this doesn't work out, I'll be farming shackle breaker. In fact, I should start now.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker is a crafted set, doesnt need to be farmed.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better. I had it confused for Jailbreaker. But I still need to research more traits in medium armor. So it'll be a while.