The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Why does this game even need CCs?

• Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WNxSiv wrote: »
    As someone who only plays this game for the pvp, i do hate CC but let's be honest, most good players struggle to finish someone off who knows how to pvp, I have only 1 build that does not rely on CC and it is absolutely min/maxed to hell and still struggles to finish off good players with high sustain.

Good example, my stam warden could literally sit on his back bar spamming shimmering shield and popping burst heal from time to time and never die, but if i am CC'd (not immobilised) then i cannot cast that stuff and if i dont get out of it quick enough i am toast.

CC i hate and CC we need.

The game has turned into "who can CC first and most frequently". There should be a penalty for overuse of CC. Like, a CC actually backfires and the attacker stuns
    their self. If they can't kill me after three CCs then they deserve to eat my Radiant Oppression. They shouldn't be allowed to spam it until someone shows up to help them or they just finally manage to kill me.

Or you know... dismissing returns like in every other game
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The game has turned into "who can CC first and most frequently".

Everyone can CC at the same rate. That's...how the immunity works.

...the only real discrepancies are when you start looking at unblockable and undodgeable CCs, but that's another discussion.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most agree that CC in ESO is a bit much. What I think we need is more tactical CC. This means every class should get 1 soft CC (snare or immobilize), and either 1 hard CC (stun, fear or pull) or 1 mezz (very long duration CC that breaks upon any damage but suppresses dots). None of the hard CC abilities should also do high damage or additional powerful effects. AOE CC should have a significant reduced duration compared to single target CC.
    The PVP skill lines should get a single AOE mezz to help coordinated groups fight zergs.

I think this would help alot compared to CC now.
    i.e. Nightblades atm have a stun, an AOE stun, a knockdown, a fear, 3 snares and an immobilize.
    Dragonknights have a pull, a passive snare, an AOE immobilize, a knockdown and 3 stuns.
    Sorcerers have 3 stuns, 2 AOE stuns and immobilize. In addition to that everyone can pick up certain CC from universal skill lines, it is just too much.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept of CC, however, the method of breaking out of it (specifically the Left Mouse+Right Mouse) is just so annoying and unreliable. They've actually made changes to CC break in the past, but imo it still is a very wonky mechanic.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~