The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*NEW* Sentry Set

miteba
miteba
✭✭✭✭
What is the range of this set?
6 meters radius like Inner Light and Expert Hunter? 12 meters radius like Radiant Magelight?
The same range that the old set had, with an 50% increased radius?
Does the stealth works as the other i referred or it will be only a "detection" skill which will not put enemies out of stealth (The same way it worked when magelight was a toggle skill) ???

My opinion about this set:
I have mixed feelings, because activating it when you begin to crouch means that you cant be already in stealth, or you have to get out of stealth to use a crouch which doesnt make sense.
So you lose 20% damage on sneaking enemies to gain a little more time with stealth detection, is that it? And i didnt forget about the cooldown which is very long for the issue at hand...
My hope is that it will work as a detection only set, that doesnt put enemies out of stealth… which was my preferred pvp build (niche build) until it was almost completely obliterated when they changed the toggled magelight. These days gankers had a cruel taste of their own poison >:)
It would be awesome because it would add some diversity to PVP.

*OLD* Sentry Set:
2 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Stamina
3 items: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
4 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
5 items: Increases the radius you can detect Sneaking enemies by 50%. Increases your damage done to Sneaking enemies by 20%

*New* Sentry Set:
2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
3 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
4 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical
5 – When you begin to crouch, gain Stealth Detection for 10 seconds. This effect can only be activated every 30 seconds.
5 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily, it’s on the PTS. So you can literally go test the range...
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Luckily, it’s on the PTS. So you can literally go test the range...

Unfortunately dont have the required space to install PTS, since i only have 60GB free space left and that is already bad mojo for my PC...
    So i'll wait for a valid answer if anyone is interested in the same issue.
    And if there is none, then i will test it on live, obviously!
    Edited by miteba on January 30, 2019 10:09AM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set seems interesting, though I haven’t tested it. Crouch as an activator doesn’t sound too good, crouching in pursuit sounds clunky. Also the 30 second cool down.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is so when you are teabagging you can see if the player you just killed has a friend in stealth. :trollface:

Honestly I don't know what to think about this set. At least you can decon it for materials if you still have some pieces in your inventory.
    Playing since beta...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's anything like OG prisoners, you'll get the stealth detection while pressing crouch lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    ...Crouch as an activator doesn’t sound too good, crouching in pursuit sounds clunky. Also the 30 second cool down.

Yep, crouch as an activator is very awkward!

In a stealth point of view, you will have to exit your stealth (so become visible) to crouch again… so you will lose your position to "sentry" others? Doesnt make sense…

In a non-stealth point of view, you will have to crouch to patrol/find/follow the stealthy enemy which doesnt make sense again because you will automatically lose distance to the enemy! And who will "waste" a 5 piece set bonus for this ???

So this set will probably changed again in a near future because no one will use it anyway… unless it doesnt pull enemies from stealth to add some pvp variety!
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they could make it work 10 seconds after you mount or when you start sprinting, or after you draw your weapon... There are many better choices for triggering it.
    Playing since beta...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Maybe they could make it work 10 seconds after you mount or when you start sprinting, or after you draw your weapon... There are many better choices for triggering it.

judging from the tooltip, "when you begin crouch" literally could just mean press "ctrl" and you get stealth detection for 10 seconds.

Remember it's giving 1k stam, 800 crit, and around 258 weapon damage; it's like a mini PVP version of julianos/hundings except for trolling AD with lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

judging from the tooltip, "when you begin crouch" literally could just mean press "ctrl" and you get stealth detection for 10 seconds.

Remember it's giving 1k stam, 800 crit, and around 258 weapon damage; it's like a mini PVP version of julianos/hundings except for trolling AD with lol.

What are you going to do if you face EP?

Switch to the set that increases your run speed by 1% for every 10 players that are chasing you?
    Playing since beta...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

What are you going to do if you face EP?

Switch to the set that increases your run speed by 1% for every 10 players that are chasing you?

Que up for a BG lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • thalosdaedra
    thalosdaedra
    ✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    What is the range of this set?
    6 meters radius like Inner Light and Expert Hunter? 12 meters radius like Radiant Magelight?
    The same range that the old set had, with an 50% increased radius?
    Does the stealth works as the other i referred or it will be only a "detection" skill which will not put enemies out of stealth (The same way it worked when magelight was a toggle skill) ???

My opinion about this set:
    I have mixed feelings, because activating it when you begin to crouch means that you cant be already in stealth, or you have to get out of stealth to use a crouch which doesnt make sense.
    So you lose 20% damage on sneaking enemies to gain a little more time with stealth detection, is that it? And i didnt forget about the cooldown which is very long for the issue at hand...
    My hope is that it will work as a detection only set, that doesnt put enemies out of stealth… which was my preferred pvp build (niche build) until it was almost completely obliterated when they changed the toggled magelight. These days gankers had a cruel taste of their own poison >:)
    It would be awesome because it would add some diversity to PVP.

*OLD* Sentry Set:
    2 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 items: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
    4 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
    5 items: Increases the radius you can detect Sneaking enemies by 50%. Increases your damage done to Sneaking enemies by 20%

*New* Sentry Set:
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    5 – When you begin to crouch, gain Stealth Detection for 10 seconds. This effect can only be activated every 30 seconds.
    5 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    TOOK PTS CAREERS / QUE PPBG
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.