The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Score System is Discouraging (Assists & Damage)

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Over the past few months I've really been getting to BG's. I've always been a PvP player but never really considered BG's till around November last year where I gave up on Cyrodiil. I've been having a lot of fun and thought I'd try a new spec by creating a Tank, Support, Healer, Dragonknight.

It works really well, keeping team mates alive, locking down enemies and providing debuffs and heals. But my score at the end of each match pales in comparison ti my score whenever I just play a flat out damage dealer and that almost all comes down to the "Assist" system.

The way you get assists seems to purely depend on whether you do "enough" damage, whether that be a % of all damage done to that player, or just a flat minimum you need in order to get an assist I don't know, but either way it just makes playing a support feel less gratifying. It's very discouraging to win a team fight, know you contributed towards getting all those kills as much as your other team mates, by guarding, healing, rooting and debuffing then getting maybe only 1 assist for it. Purely because you didn't deal enough damage to them?

I know there are medals for things such as healing but they are capped at 500 points etc, and when you've been denied up of 20 assists in a game it just seems insignificant to get a "you did good at healing, here's a tiny amount of points." when a lot of the time without your presence the team wouldn't have been able to win the fight at all.

Apologies if I'm being ignorant and missing something, this is just what I took from my time in BG's
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want more points then you’re going to either need to heal more or do more damage. Since you’re a dk you can simply add some sort of aoe to your build or a damage monster set. Maybe zos can add some type of “healing” points to guard.

I wouldn’t focus too much on scoring though, it’s not that rewarding anyways.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @CatchMeTrolling

I know score isn't that important and all and I don't think it affects rewards etc (At least I don't think it does) I guess it's just about seeing my personal accomplishment, and when me and a team mate get into a fight and win it, only to look at the stats and you'd never know I were even apart of the fight at all.

I don't really want to change up the build too much as it's genuinely really effective. I guess it's jut a pride thing about seeing myself with a larger score that I probably have to get over.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    @CatchMeTrolling

I know score isn't that important and all and I don't think it affects rewards etc (At least I don't think it does) I guess it's just about seeing my personal accomplishment, and when me and a team mate get into a fight and win it, only to look at the stats and you'd never know I were even apart of the fight at all.

I don't really want to change up the build too much as it's genuinely really effective. I guess it's jut a pride thing about seeing myself with a larger score that I probably have to get over.

It plays a role on your individual rewards at the end of the week and I’m pretty sure winning is what affects your end of a match rewards but just the quality.

If you care about seeing a higher score then you have to cater to the system unfortunately. Changing your monster set is probably the easiest way, can even put on troll king.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the scores actually mean anything after the match though? Is there a BG leader board?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do the scores actually mean anything after the match though? Is there a BG leader board?

Yeah but the leaderboard doesn't mean squat in terms of skill.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking news, being an annoying healbot is not going to give you a good score! And rightfully so.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

The real question is, can my team stop stealing my freaking kills.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade