Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire Pet Sorc Skeleton Parse Video 46k on 6M / 47k on 3M

• Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    also @Deloth_Vyrr , Very nice numbers, although I don't really think it plays to the strengths of running a pet sorc. The whole point in my opinion to choose a pet sorc over other classes is the added survivability. For only a small 3k dps decrease, you can have ridiculous defense as well as amazing group utility coupled with a very simple rotation. Sure we'll never achieve numbers of a straight sorc or magblade etc, but we can be a huge utility if played right. I don't think your build is bad by any means, I love that you're able to get that much damage out of it, but I encourage you to try running them both in trial and vMA scenarios and see what feels better. I should also mention that tanks will not exactly like you for running Maw, but that's a whole nother social issue lol.

I appreciate hearing your feedback, I have cleared most hard group and solo content with this build. Including vAS+2, vCR and vMA no death (flawless conqueror).

One thing to note in min/max trial groups is that support is a much better role to bring IA and keep uptime on bosses with it. Yes you can free this up for them, but doing so is at a pretty major loss of DPS, and that is your primary role in a trial, not to act as a 5th support. Also, I do switch to Matriarch for fights where the heal is necessary, power surge on the other hand is not worth it as in any actual challenging content you should be drinking spellpower pots on cooldown, removing the entire major sorcery benefit of that skill.

However there is a group buff that Sorcs are in a unique position to provide, minor prophecy, and your build completely skips over that. Minor prophecy is huge, and the only two things in the entire game that provide it are Sorcs and a crappy poison no one uses. As you are not running a single Dark Magic skill, you don't have any way of providing this buff, which is a terrible waste of bringing a Sorc to a trial over another class, or another Sorc who does provide the buff.

Now onto your parse: Your screenshot is showing a couple things that make me doubt it was self-buffed. First is 18k spell pen, which almost guarantees you had other outside sources of pen contributing here beyond Ele drain. The biggest thing I noticed however is you didn't actually do the full 3mill damage to the skeleton, only 2.96, which is a telltale sign that someone else was also hitting the dummy, my guess is putting up crusher?), so your attempts to claim self-buffed only are skating a bit thin.

If you are indeed self-buffed only, and the missing skeleton damage is caused by some other factor, then having 18k pen will put you way overpen in any actual group content - which is really bad.
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 25, 2019 6:38PM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add one final thing. This parse I posted was done months ago and I've improved even more since then. If you want to see a recent solo parse using this build.

https://imgur.com/a/S9iR0Ms
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 25, 2019 6:13PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest thing I noticed however is you didn't actually do the full 3mill damage to the skeleton, only 2.96, which is a telltale sign that someone else was also hitting the dummy, my guess is putting up either crusher, alkosh, or both?), so your attempts to claim self-buffed only are skating a bit thin.

Okay.........................so if you go ahead and read the parse where it says "group damage" you can clearly see that would be 0. So no, nobody else was applying anything. Also you can very clearly see the debuffs being applied to the right of the parse. And none of that is present. I had to hit the dummy a few times with my light attacks to build the ult I needed for the parse so sorry if that confused you.

Also, my spell penetration is 18k because of the lover and how my build is setup ie CP & Elemental drain. Also IA is what I was using with this parse, therefore your statement about it losing DPS is pretty inaccurate as well. In trial content I guess I should have specified that I replace power surge with inner light. I only use power surge in vMA and other solo content.

I just don't use dark magic abilities because I really don't care. dark magic is really for pure sorcs and PVPers. If you're playing a pet sorc you have much better utility to provide than that. Plus freeing up an extra slot for healers with IA means they can run another support set that can potentially provide more damage or utility. At least I've never had anyone complain.

Anywho, this is how I run my pet sorc, like I said from the beginning I don't have anything against your sorc build as I love reviewing them. No need to get so defensive and then call me a liar for no reason.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    I am not getting defensive, I am just pointed out that you are providing some bad advice to people who may be trying to get the most out of their pet sorc, and I wanted to make sure that was clear.

a) Dark magic isn't just for "pure sorcs" which I take it you mean non-pet builds. I parse higher than all the non-pet sorcs in my vet trials guild, both on a dummy and in trials. So I would say we are in a better position to be considered a pure dps class than they are. There are 2 things a Sorc brings to a trial group that no one else does. Liquid Lightning conduit synergy for Alkosh uptimes, and buffing the entire raid with minor prophecy for 5% extra crit on everyone. Not taking advantage of these is like having a DK not bringing Engulfing flames, its a unique buff to your class and should ALWAYS be present. You may not care, but I dare you to try and get into any top end guild and tell them your not going to be bringing minor prophecy to the group just because you "don't want to run a dark magic skill". You'll get laughed away.

b) Having 18k pen self-buffed is bad. As soon as you get into a trial group your going to blow way over pen. 12-13k is the sweet spot. If your stacking pen just for the solo parse then you are also being misleading. Parses should be done using the build you would take into actual content, not one that is specifically tooled to parse higher solo.

c) IA is fine on a dps Sorc, but there's a reason supports mainly run it, because its simply better to let a support handle it and have the DPS focus on just doing more dps. Go ahead and run IA, I won't tell anyone not to, it's fine to do so. But our supports are more than comfortable keeping IA up, while not sacrificing any other important buffs, allowing all the dps to focus on doing our primary job as best as we can. And yes, Pet Sorcs are fully capable to bringing just as much DPS to a trial as other, pure dps classes. Within a 1-2k dps margin.
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 25, 2019 7:16PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still don't get how you achive so high dps. With same setup, except MA stave, i barely hit 38k on PTS. Still nice dps for most content and without trial gear (hell, even without BoP gear!). But... well... just curious )
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    The Maelstrom staff is extremely important. Light attacks are my highest source of DPS and that weapon is a major contributor to that. If your hitting 38k without it, you should easily clear 40k once you have it.

Beyond that, without seeing a parse of yours its hard to tell you where your areas of improvement lay.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    still don't get how you achive so high dps. With same setup, except MA stave, i barely hit 38k on PTS. Still nice dps for most content and without trial gear (hell, even without BoP gear!). But... well... just curious )

Also I remember seeing a post from you in another thread recently. I can assure you my parses are certainly not fake. :smile:

If you want better proof, here's a full video of another parse I did (switching out Maw for Zaan but otherwise the same):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn3wfV-bh8
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 28, 2019 7:20AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deloth_Vyrr

Would you mind sharing your full pet sorc build with CP, gear, bar setup, mundus, rotation? Forgive me if I missed it. Thanks so much!
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    @Deloth_Vyrr

Would you mind sharing your full pet sorc build with CP, gear, bar setup, mundus, rotation? Forgive me if I missed it. Thanks so much!

If you click through to my video you'll find a link to my Superstar as a pinned comment. That contains my full build, CP, etc.

I am holding off doing a full guide (rotation, etc.) until Wrathstone goes to the Live server, as all things are subject to change for the next few weeks.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deloth_Vyrr

If you click through to my video you'll find a link to my Superstar as a pinned comment. That contains my full build, CP, etc.

I am holding off doing a full guide (rotation, etc.) until Wrathstone goes to the Live server, as all things are subject to change for the next few weeks.

Thanks! However, I didn’t see a shield and/or ele drain slotted. Where would you fit those?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Deloth_Vyrr

Thanks! However, I didn’t see a shield and/or ele drain slotted. Where would you fit those?
    Ele Drain should be applied by your healer. Shield would go in place of one of the bound armor's, probably back bar to minimize magicka loss.

@Deloth_Vyrr Does the 12.9 pen include/reflect the Major Breach from the Ele Drain?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    @Deloth_Vyrr

Ele Drain should be applied by your healer. Shield would go in place of one of the bound armor's, probably back bar to minimize magicka loss.

@Deloth_Vyrr Does the 12.9 pen include/reflect the Major Breach from the Ele Drain?

Hey!

Yes the 12.9 includes major breach. If I don’t have anyone around to apply an Ele drain for me, which is often the case on PTS, I’ll put up the other morph, Elemental Susceptibility, prior to the parse. While I lose the magicka regen, the breach stays applied so long as I’m doing damage, as long as I begin the parse before it expires. (I can even take it off my bar after applying it). If you look closely at the target dummy during the parse video you’ll see the orbiting graphics effect indicating the Ele debuff is applied.

As for ward, you are correct. In content where it’s needed I slot it in place of Bound Aegis on backbar.

I also don’t generally run Tormentor, that was more of a test to see how much extra dps it was worth with the improved Twilight scaling. After doing a number of parses with both morphs, the Tormentor tended to add between 1200-1400 dps over the Matriarch. Does that warrant actually taking it in a trial? Probably not in the more challenging content. The clutch heal is just too good to give up IMO. But in some cases, for easier fights you might be able to swing it.
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 28, 2019 3:19PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    CHM228 wrote: »
    Murkmire Pet Sorc Skeleton Parse Video 46k on 6M / 47k on 3M

- How often did any of those skeletons one shot your shields and mess up your rotation because you had to re-apply your shields out of sync?

- How often did they kill your pets and you had to recast them?

- How often did you have to stop your rotation and burst heal because you got nailed through your shields and your health was down to almost nothing?

- Why is there a guy applying debuffs to the skeleton for you?

- How often did the skeletons step out of your ultimate range?

That's really why skeleton parses are utterly useless, they mimic an ideal environment that most people will never ever encounter in-game.

I'd rather see you solo a vet dungeon and then show me the parse after you finished off the boss.
    And by solo i mean actually SOLO, not with some debuff minion behind your back.
    post-2-1445282250.gif

This is clearly for trials and group content. Ele drain should always be up, pets only die over a bug (that is being fixed), if a boss steps out of Ultimate, then nothing on any build with stop that.

This parse is actually really rather nice work.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey!

Yes the 12.9 includes major breach. If I don’t have anyone around to apply an Ele drain for me, which is often the case on PTS, I’ll put up the other morph, Elemental Susceptibility, prior to the parse. While I lose the magicka regen, the breach stays applied so long as I’m doing damage, as long as I begin the parse before it expires. (I can even take it off my bar after applying it). If you look closely at the target dummy during the parse video you’ll see the orbiting graphics effect indicating the Ele debuff is applied.

As for ward, you are correct. In content where it’s needed I slot it in place of Bound Aegis on backbar.

I also don’t generally run Tormentor, that was more of a test to see how much extra dps it was worth with the improved Twilight scaling. After doing a number of parses with both morphs, the Tormentor tended to add between 1200-1400 dps over the Matriarch. Does that warrant actually taking it in a trial? Probably not in the more challenging content. The clutch heal is just too good to give up IMO. But in some cases, for easier fights you might be able to swing it.[/quote]

You sir are smarter than I... I don't know why I always run elemental drain on a class that doesn't run out of sustain lol, I didn't even think about using susceptibility for my parses.

so lets see, your rotation is really fluid and I like that, better than what i've been doing at least. From what I can tell it looks like:
    la > liquid lightning > swap > la > blockade > swap > la > tormentor > la > scamp > swap > la > daedric prey > swap > ha

Which has uptimes like:
    hEYPQdD.png

My rotation is:
    liquid lightning > la > blockade > swap > ha > daedric prey > ha > scamp > swap > la

Which has uptimes like:
    tF84KHI.png

What I want to know is, I like having the dumb amount of sustain you get from 2 heavies, it just fits my play style a bit more. Do you think another heavy attack could be fit into the rotation? Let me show you where I think it might be able to go:

la > liquid lightning > swap > la > blockade > swap > ha > scamp > swap > la > daedric prey > swap > ha

The uptimes would look like this (theoretically)
    60j3UlE.png

So looking at it, I would get less uptime with prey and blockade like this. Do you have any ideas? Just trying to get as close to 50k with 2 heavies as I can rn. And I also admit frags is a good choice for the minor prophecy... Sorry.

I would like to point out though that for content I use the thief which parses about the same, I just like lover because I do a lot of solo content and I don't feel like changing mundus all the time. Also I don't get laughed away by my core groups, we have other pure sorcs who run dark magic abilities. That being said, I do want to give it a try so I can provide it for myself and 4 man's.

Thanks for your help in advance!
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    @codestripper

Two heavy attacks seems perfectly fine if not running Frags, but I barely have enough time to do 1 heavy before my dots fall off if I have to hit a bunch of frag procs so I can't see myself being able to get a 2nd in without suffering a major DPS loss...

Since I mostly run trials, where there are plenty of Orbs to go around, I don't find that resources are a major factor as I never end up running out even running blue food with no regen. For solo content, I can definitely see the merits of doing more heavies, as resources are not as easy to come by without synergies to keep you topped off.

Also wanted to provide an update as I've been spend a ton of time on PTS messing around with whole bunch of different setups.
    So far my new personal best drops Necro completely for Perfect Siroria.

Self-buffed, blue food, 5pc Perfect Siroria(body), 5pc Mother's Sorrow(Jewelry/Front Bar), vMA Backbar, Zaan:
    unknown.png
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on February 2, 2019 12:17AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • artificial_blue
    Has anyone tested out Queen's Elegance on a HA pet sorc build?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested out Queen's Elegance on a HA pet sorc build?

yeah, it's alright for 1 bar builds. It's kind of like choosing moon dancer, really good, but a lot of better options out there.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @codestripper

Two heavy attacks seems perfectly fine if not running Frags, but I barely have enough time to do 1 heavy before my dots fall off if I have to hit a bunch of frag procs so I can't see myself being able to get a 2nd in without suffering a major DPS loss...

Since I mostly run trials, where there are plenty of Orbs to go around, I don't find that resources are a major factor as I never end up running out even running blue food with no regen. For solo content, I can definitely see the merits of doing more heavies, as resources are not as easy to come by without synergies to keep you topped off.

Also wanted to provide an update as I've been spend a ton of time on PTS messing around with whole bunch of different setups.
    So far my new personal best drops Necro completely for Perfect Siroria.

Self-buffed, blue food, 5pc Perfect Siroria(body), 5pc Mother's Sorrow(Jewelry/Front Bar), vMA Backbar, Zaan:
    unknown.png

Yeah I was pretty much seeing the same thing with 2 heavies in that rotation. dots just falling off too much. Hopefully with the new stat increases and necropotence being fixed (eventually) we'll see an improvement there too. Like you mentioned, I just do a lot of solo play for the most part so the 2 heavies is nice. I'd just like to find a way to incorporate that while still hovering around 50k dps. I'll do more testing when the PTS goes back up and see if I can come up with a new rotation. Thanks for the help and really awesome job with your build so far.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are say magBlades or magPlars getting on pts solo in siroria? About the same I'd wager or just a bit higher. I mean have pet sorcs more or less caught up finally!?