Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire Pet Sorc Skeleton Parse Video 46k on 6M / 47k on 3M

CHM228
CHM228
✭✭✭
Hello there, this is my pet sorc build for murkmire with HA Rotation.

This is most common build for pet sorc, but i customized it little.

Build details and CP distribution is here:

https://imgur.com/0wdDgEh

0wdDgEh.png

All i see in most of other dps test videos are siroria or zaan, which you can't use effectively in some vet trial such as vAS+2 and vCR.
So i decided to make decent pet sorc build dps test video that you can use it on real challenges.

You can use exactly same build in any other PVE content. All you have to do is change mundus to thief or mage.

6M

https://youtu.be/4E5SA35UiuQ

3M

https://youtu.be/WeDXbEw8Q_o
Edited by CHM228 on October 31, 2018 5:11AM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you could make the links work

image-54a9cedba9cc8.png
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    If you could make the links work

image-54a9cedba9cc8.png

Fixed. :smiley:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHM228 wrote: »

- How often did any of those skeletons one shot your shields and mess up your rotation because you had to re-apply your shields out of sync?

- How often did they kill your pets and you had to recast them?

- How often did you have to stop your rotation and burst heal because you got nailed through your shields and your health was down to almost nothing?

- Why is there a guy applying debuffs to the skeleton for you?

- How often did the skeletons step out of your ultimate range?

That's really why skeleton parses are utterly useless, they mimic an ideal environment that most people will never ever encounter in-game.

I'd rather see you solo a vet dungeon and then show me the parse after you finished off the boss.
    And by solo i mean actually SOLO, not with some debuff minion behind your back.
    post-2-1445282250.gif

Edited by SirAndy on October 31, 2018 6:16AM
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

- How often did any of those skeletons one shot your shields and mess up your rotation because you had to re-apply your shields out of sync?

- How often did you have to stop your rotation and burst heal because you got nailed through your shields and your health was down to almost nothing?

That's really why skeleton parses are utterly useless, they mimic an ideal environment that most people will never ever encounter in-game.

I'd rather see you solo a vet dungeon and then show me the parse after you finished off the boss.
    And by solo i mean actually SOLO, not with some debuff minion behind your back.
    post-2-1445282250.gif

Skeleton parses are one of the way to show build's effectiveness.
    That's why almost every build has skeleton parses to show how well they will perform in "ideal" situation.
    And i recommend to do skeleton parses to learn and practice rotation.
    Soloing vet dungeon is not usual way to show how build is gonna work.
    Most of dps build focused on pure dps and few survival option can not solo vet dungeon.

If your party's tank is doing right, than you will safe from one-shot kills, which breaks 10k shield with res and 20k health.
    Most of the time you will focus on dealing, you only need to up your shield and focus on survival when there are
    dangerous mechanics going on (like kiting, Poison cone, fire at vAS +2 and delivering orbs or stacking on vCR)

Have you read murkmire changes? Pets are now take 0 damage from Group PVE content.
    They dies sometimes, but that's because of bug. I barely recast my pets.

Same as first answer. I usually use healing skill to heal my self when i made mistake or got hit by inevitable damage.
    Or healing our teammates when healer can not heal them (Shadow Realm on vCR for example).

Elemental drain is needed to test dps on skeleton. It's meant to be represent almost ideal situation on group content;
    Minor magicka steal and breaches are always needed on PVE group content.
    It's pretty common to get someone else who can cast elemental drain while you are dealing skeleton.
    It will make easier to cycle your rotation. However, only elemental drain is allowed. No orbs, or shards etc.

For ultimate burst deal, Shooting star never miss. For long-time single target deal, My atronach never stayed idle.
    If you cast your ultimate in right place at right time, you can hit full dps with your ultimate.

I hope this will help.
    I have to say, it's not that nice to hear when someone says "USELESS" on my work, that took several days to complete.

Edited by CHM228 on October 31, 2018 7:15AM
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...
    not gonna judge your build,

although skeleton parses are very usefull to have a first look on a build and to learn your rota; I have to support @SirAndy in this one.

Doing this numbers on a dummy is nice; but there are a lot of builds achieving this on a dummy, but not in a trial.
    Would be nice to add some in trial clips, 1st boss vHRC, 1st boss vMoL, stone atro in vAA.
    Those numbers would say much more about the viability of the build.

About the ele drain. It's common to have it, though most people do it themselves.
    And by doing it yourself you are "taking a step back from the perfect situation".

Side question, wouldn't it be better to have a second set that boosts magicka further, then using MS?

|Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »
    Doing this numbers on a dummy is nice; but there are a lot of builds achieving this on a dummy, but not in a trial.
    Would be nice to add some in trial clips, 1st boss vHRC, 1st boss vMoL, stone atro in vAA.
    Those numbers would say much more about the viability of the build.

Side question, wouldn't it be better to have a second set that boosts magicka further, then using MS?

Agreed. It seems i need video in real fight.

And about your question, MS is better since max magicka boosts your pet’s dmg and spell dmg but it’s not that effective as most of ppl thinks.
    In trials with experienced players, Warhorn will be always up so high crit beats max mag or raw spell dmg.
    Remembet that pets are not only scale with max magicka, but also crits.
    That’s why im using theif mundus over mage.

For 4-man dungeon or arena, max magikca set will be better.
    Edited by CHM228 on October 31, 2018 8:02AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, it's not that nice to hear when someone says "USELESS" on my work, that took several days to complete.
    I meant that skeleton parses in general are mostly useless to determine a builds viability since they rarely reflect any real in-game scenario.
    I didn't mean to trivialize your effort put into this.

And i completely agree that the skeleton does have it's place for general gear testing and working on your rotation ...
    shades.gif
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

0wdDgEh.png

All i see in most of other dps test videos are siroria or zaan, which you can't use effectively in some vet trial such as vAS+2 and vCR.
    So i decided to make decent pet sorc build dps test video that you can use it on real challenges.

You can use exactly same build in any other PVE content. All you have to do is change mundus to thief or mage.

6M

3M

Nice! Would you mind writing out the rotation you use?
  • MeadDrinker02
    MeadDrinker02
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious, what factors in getting high dps numbers? Does the speed of weaving and casting your skills as fast as possible yield higher dps?? The problem with that is when I try going too fast some skills don't cast, my rotation is pretty much perfect yet I get 37-39k at best on my pet sorc.. Am I doing something wrong or am I a victim to server lag?? I'm running an Alcast build and rotation btw..
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much do you lose if you replace Maw of the Infernal with something that would be allowed in a group?
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭

0wdDgEh.png

6M

3M

LA before casting every skills.

Blockade -> Liquid -> Bar swap -> Volatile familiar -> Prey -> Shock reach -> HA -> Shock reach (If you need sustain cast HA instead)

Spam shock reach at the end when you don’t need any sustain such as execute phase.

You can also use other skills in shock reach slot such as daedric tomb, crushing shock etc if you need them.
    Edited by CHM228 on November 3, 2018 2:13PM
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

0wdDgEh.png

6M

3M

LA before casting every skills.

Blockade -> Liquid -> Bar swap -> Volatile familiar -> Prey -> Shock reach -> HA -> Shock reach (If you need sustain cast HA instead)

Spam shock reach at the end when you don’t need any sustain such as execute phase.

You can also use other skills in shock reach slot such as daedric tomb, crushing shock etc if you need them.

Thank you.
    Edited by MakeMeUhSamich on November 3, 2018 2:17PM
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious, what factors in getting high dps numbers? Does the speed of weaving and casting your skills as fast as possible yield higher dps?? The problem with that is when I try going too fast some skills don't cast, my rotation is pretty much perfect yet I get 37-39k at best on my pet sorc.. Am I doing something wrong or am I a victim to server lag?? I'm running an Alcast build and rotation btw..

Connection problem matters in dps but not important.
    My ping hits higher than 250 sometimes becuase im at asia.
    What rly matters are perfect rotation, cp, gears and some luck with dummy testing tricks. All i can say is practice it over and over again untill you get satisfied dps.
    FYI, when i first tried HA build, i could only hit 38k~39k dps. XD
  • MeadDrinker02
    MeadDrinker02
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much got all of that covered, except for the luck part.. I'm using the regular Siroria and not the Perfect version, I wonder if that is playing a factor? Also I think momentum plays a factor, like casting your skills and light attack weaves at the perfect time and quickly. I have a feeling that if I throw in force pulse, that would raise my dps by 3-4k. Anyways I guess I just need to practice parsing more often and be more aggressive with my rotation. Also it would be great if I found a person that is patient enough to check out my rotation while I am parsing.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    If its not too much trouble, Could you post your skill loadout? Im having trouble making some of them out.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    If its not too much trouble, Could you post your skill loadout? Im having trouble making some of them out.

lue2Zbp.png

You can also use Destructive reach, Elemental weapon, Crushing shock when you need them instead of daedric tomb.
    Edited by CHM228 on November 9, 2018 8:07PM
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    (...) I meant that skeleton parses in general are mostly useless to determine a builds viability since they rarely reflect any real in-game scenario. (...)

Actually there is no reason to test a builds viability, unless it's for PvP or solo PvE content (e.g. Maelstrom Arena). That's because...

a) DDs don't have to focus on maxing out their resistances, since a lot of buffs (offensive and defensive) can be granted by healers, tanks and other DDs themselves
    b) red cps are independent from the other cps and can be allocated differently for each dungeon/trial
    c) DDs have atleast one flex spot on one of their bars for a heal/shield anyways
    d) DDs can always switch out one glyph for a max hp glyph, in case their health is considered too low

The game is designed this way, so that DDs can almost fully concentrate on DPS. Imo being a good player means doing your job (DD = DPS, tank = taunt+debuff/buff, healer = buff/debuff, healing) while handling mechanics at the same time.
    As you said, dps tests are great to train your rotation and compare gear, but stop drawing a line between dummies and "real in-game scenarios". Because mastering dummy tests will prepare you very well for trials/dungeons.

Also, testing with synergies and minor magickasteal makes the most sense, since both are available in trials and that way you can max out your dps
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    I meant that skeleton parses in general are mostly useless to determine a builds viability since they rarely reflect any real in-game scenario.
    I didn't mean to trivialize your effort put into this.

And i completely agree that the skeleton does have it's place for general gear testing and working on your rotation ...
    shades.gif

I don't get your points. DPS is supposed to do max dps in trials, its that simple. Maelstrom arena is different ofc.
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    OP - this is a pretty damn good parse. Your build is extremely similar, almost identical in fact to mine, but I am spotting one major flaw.

Your missing out on one of the key buffs the Sorc class brings, minor prophecy. Not only does omitting this result in a DPS loss to yourself, but your group utility suffers too as the passive also buffs others in your group. In order to proc minor prophecy you need to run a Dark Magic skill, and that means Crystal Frags. Where you would want to sub this in is in place of Destructive Reach, which is not a very good skill anyway.

Frags doesn't proc a ton, not nearly as much as the non-pet rotation, but it procs enough to contribute a decent amount of damage and the minor prophecy buff is 20 seconds, so maintaining uptime on it is not a problem even with a mediocre proc rate.

It does make the rotation a bit tougher, as it becomes a bit more dynamic as you need to get the hang of the proc, and the ideal moments to use it when it does proc. And losing Destructive Reach on your bar means you'll also need to swap Meteor with Destro Ult as you need a destro staff skill on each bar to unlock passives

To prove I am not just talking out my ass here - I parse 48k+ solo with my pet sorc on a 6m dummy - here you can see a 48.4k video I recorded for my guildies - exact same gear setup as yourself (Necro+Mother's Sorrow+Maw+vMA Staff).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7t4MnKfUA
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on November 16, 2018 3:21AM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    How much do you lose if you replace Maw of the Infernal with something that would be allowed in a group?

Maw is perfectly viable in group content. Especially with the recent changes making pets immune to everything (yes it affects the Daedroth too). I run Maw all the time with my trials guild and we're clearing some of the hardest content in the game. On fights where you need to stack on the boss (ie. vCR) I switch to Zaan, but for everything else Maw is a great set.
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on November 15, 2018 11:54PM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears you have 30 points into Bastion. My testing on the PTS requires a good amount of health before hardened ward would be affected by Bastion. So why do you have the points there?
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    OP - this is a pretty damn good parse. Your build is extremely similar, almost identical in fact to mine, but I am spotting one major flaw.

Your missing out on one of the key buffs the Sorc class brings, minor prophecy. Not only does omitting this result in a DPS loss to yourself, but your group utility suffers too as the passive also buffs others in your group. In order to proc minor prophecy you need to run a Dark Magic skill, and that means Crystal Frags. Where you would want to sub this in is in place of Destructive Reach, which is not a very good skill anyway.

Frags doesn't proc a ton, not nearly as much as the non-pet rotation, but it procs enough to contribute a decent amount of damage and the minor prophecy buff is 20 seconds, so maintaining uptime on it is not a problem even with a mediocre proc rate.

It does make the rotation a bit tougher, as it becomes a bit more dynamic as you need to get the hang of the proc, and the ideal moments to use it when it does proc. And losing Destructive Reach on your bar means you'll also need to swap Meteor with Destro Ult as you need a destro staff skill on each bar to unlock passives

To prove I am not just talking out my ass here - I parse 48k+ solo with my pet sorc on a 6m dummy - here you can see a 48.4k video I recorded for my guildies - exact same gear setup as yourself (Necro+Mother's Sorrow+Maw+vMA Staff).

Right, you got a good point. that's why i tried to use deadric mines.
    It's seems nice to slot crystal fragments instead of reach or mines.
    I would like to swap mines and crystal depending on situation. ty for advice mate
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭

Maw is perfectly viable in group content. Especially with the recent changes making pets immune to everything (yes it affects the Daedroth too). I run Maw all the time with my trials guild and we're clearing some of the hardest content in the game. On fights where you need to stack on the boss (ie. vCR) I switch to Zaan, but for everything else Maw is a great set.

Maw is damn good but i got some complains from tank that he cannot see the boss because of maw XP
    That's why i don't use maw in trials.
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It appears you have 30 points into Bastion. My testing on the PTS requires a good amount of health before hardened ward would be affected by Bastion. So why do you have the points there?

That is my fault. I didn't knew that when i posted build on forum.. Now i'm using alcast's pet sorc cp distribution.
  • JykJax
    JykJax
    ✭✭
    Really interesting build. One noobish question: why no finisher?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your rotation?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could drop clench or daedric mines altogether and only suffer a 1k dps loss.

Haven't tested it with Maw yet but, with Necropotence, Infallible Aether, and Zaans you can pull 45k dps with just:
    Front bar: Daedric Prey | Volatile Familiar | Power Surge | Bound Aegis | Twilight Matriarch
    Back bar: Liquid Lightning | Blockade | Hardened Ward | Volatile Familiar | Twilight Matriarch

Rotation: Liquid Lightning > la > Blockade > swap > ha > Daedric Prey > ha > Volatile Familiar > swap

Mundus: Thief (for 4 mans and vMA), Lover (Trials)

With this you gain the 8% group damage buff utility from IA, which can be used to free up a slot for a healer in trial groups, as well as tons of healing from power surge as well as the twilight matriarch morph for group burst heal utility (no idea how many times this saved group wipes in trials and 4mans)

That's 45k self-buffed btw (swap hardened ward out for elemental drain), not had the liberty to try it out with someone else applying elemental drain. I might have to give it a go and see if I can get 46k out of it.

petsorcselfparse447.PNG

Although I do appreciate other people trying to get the most out of their pet sorcs! So thank you for sharing. I figured if you're a fellow enthusiast like me you'd want to see what other people are running which is why I posted my build.

also @Deloth_Vyrr , Very nice numbers, although I don't really think it plays to the strengths of running a pet sorc. The whole point in my opinion to choose a pet sorc over other classes is the added survivability. For only a small 3k dps decrease, you can have ridiculous defense as well as amazing group utility coupled with a very simple rotation. Sure we'll never achieve numbers of a straight sorc or magblade etc, but we can be a huge utility if played right. I don't think your build is bad by any means, I love that you're able to get that much damage out of it, but I encourage you to try running them both in trial and vMA scenarios and see what feels better. I should also mention that tanks will not exactly like you for running Maw, but that's a whole nother social issue lol.
    Edited by codestripper on December 28, 2018 1:28AM
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @codestripper

Wow this is kind of the direction I have been trying to tweak towards! What's your cp setup?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You must run with a very tolerant tank.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nvm I think I'm dumb here.
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on December 29, 2018 4:45AM