Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe

Lord-Otto
Lord-Otto
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Notoriously buggy, yet I see nothing in the patch notes. Again.
@ZOS_Gilliam
Buddy, you're the only one I still have faith into. Can the community PLEASE get a little reasoning from ZOS why they're doing nothing? Thank you.
Edited by Lord-Otto on January 24, 2019 7:03AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about "notoriously".
    Not saying health desync isn't a thing, but i can count on one hand the times it has happened to me.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Not saying health desync isn't a thing, but i can count on one hand the times it has happened to me.

I can count a ton more. Add to that the number of folks that almost get you trying it but by some miracle you survive. It's a big issue its that broken, like rune cage break free was and fear.

Rune cage took 5 nerfs yet wasn't fixed and yet snipe remains broke as heck and strong. We need to stick together as players when a skill is broken
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @ZOS_Gilliam
    Buddy, you're the only one I still have faith into. Can the community PLEASE get a little reasoning from ZOS why they're doing nothing? Thank you.

Amen to that. It needs fixing
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Happens too often to be ignored, especially as it has gone on for SO. LONG.
    And it goes against game design. As Beard pointed out, if Snipe undefendable instakills are okay, then why had Rune Cage to be changed? ZOS supposedly have this mantra that if something is broken, it gets fixed. But they are reeeally selective about applying that mantra.

In any case, I don't want a solution before breakfast. I just want acknowledgement. COMMUNICATION.
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    something definitely need to be done about this skill
    they need to make it so its lands faster so 2 wont it at the same time or reduce dmg idk
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    d3adpain wrote: »
    something definitely need to be done about this skill
    they need to make it so its lands faster so 2 wont it at the same time or reduce dmg idk

Maybe turn it into this weapon's spammable. Problem eliminated and bow usefulness boosted by 800%. Win in my book.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have splendid idea for ZoS how to test the cause of bugs on this ability. Take focused aim and make it instant cast. Now monitor if it still happens. If yes try another change and reduce range to classic 28. If still, change arc curve to straight flight. Basically use this opportunity to create good bow spammable and perform debugging at same time.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 24, 2019 12:14PM
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard a lot of discussion on risk/reward of skills and counter play in eso. There's no risk to be 28 meters away and have a stun/defile/22k tool tip ability.

I think the damage should be reduced quite a bit, the desync needs to be addressed, and a fix for ganking would be that the channel pulls you out of stealth.

It doesn't have to be all of those things, but snipe has been untouched for a while and it should be addressed.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I have made a ton of threads about this, with video proof. It's so sad that no one at zos gives a ***.

My threads with video evidence get ignored by zos and filled with troll snipers defending thier skill until zos closes it for "baiting".
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news is it won’t be AS bad since the stealthy passive was removed. It still will suck though
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It happens to me, EVERY SINGLE snipe without fail
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please just remove it from the game for the love of God.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @ZOS_Gilliam

DELETE SNIPE
  • kitty79
    kitty79
    ✭✭✭✭
    you took a arrow in the knee ? :D
    snipe forever ^_^
    -maîtresse de pêche
    -héroïne de Tamriel
    -sauveuse de Nirn
    -grande maîtresse artisane
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilliam had a good idea for what to do with the ability. I hope it gets implemented.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can’t count on one hand how many times this happens to me a day.

So many times I die look at my Death recap and 5-10 secs later a 9k snipe hits me as I’m already dead.

The game even gives me an error “ You can’t do that while dead”

I wasn’t dead when I activated whatever it says I was doing
    Edited by Koolio on January 24, 2019 7:48PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Gilliam had a good idea for what to do with the ability. I hope it gets implemented.

Oh? What was it?