The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Goodbye, Implosion!

KhajiitFelix
KhajiitFelix
✭✭✭✭✭
Renamed this passive to Amplitude.
This passive is now a reverse execute mechanic, and increases your damage against targets by 1% for every 10% health they currently have.
The minimum bonus this passive can provide is 1% increased damage done.

So magdk is dead and stamsorc is next.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very good for PvE and a slight nerf for PvP magsorcs, imo. But it's far from a death sentence, it just adds to inital burst. How do you see stamsorcs being dead because of it?
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Implosion was a big part of PvP stam sorc spin to win. They would put 1 shock glyph on and double their chance to proc implosion.

Instead now stam sorcs in PvP will have to find alternatives.

In PvE this is a buff because as the numbers get low bloodthirsty will take over and keep up the damage.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP stam sorc spin to win

That abomination of a play style deserves every nerf anyway.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. No more rng no skill execute from hurricane and spin 2 win spammers.

All executes should required skill to land.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good, random execute was a *** mechanic.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate the current way it works. It is really dumb

Don't think the new one is great though. In pvp how often is the guy you're fighting going to be at full health? Not sure it's that great for pvp.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice for pve sorcs.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Don't think the new one is great though. In pvp how often is the guy you're fighting going to be at full health? Not sure it's that great for pvp.

It's not that bad I think. Until 80% HP it's practically a cost-free Minor Berserk, and continues to give a steady but smaller damage increase afterwards. I would have favoured a sustain passive, but it could have been worse.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well it gives a damage bonus regardless of health from 10% at full health to 1% at low health. With the amount of healing and over healing in this game I find people are at full health quite often. It will help with burst at the very least. Overall a good change, moreso for PvE than PvP. I agree it isn't the biggest buff for PvP, but I like it over the current RNG.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on January 22, 2019 11:55AM
    PC/EU DC
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Implosion was a big part of PvP stam sorc spin to win. They would put 1 shock glyph on and double their chance to proc implosion.

Instead now stam sorcs in PvP will have to find alternatives.

In PvE this is a buff because as the numbers get low bloodthirsty will take over and keep up the damage.
    Oh no, they might have to press two buttons... :open_mouth:

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Renamed this passive to Amplitude.
    This passive is now a reverse execute mechanic, and increases your damage against targets by 1% for every 10% health they currently have.
    The minimum bonus this passive can provide is 1% increased damage done.

So magdk is dead and stamsorc is next.

Mhm. Mhm, Cause a passive execute is balanced. Stop crying about it
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a consistent damage increase any day of the week instead of a *** RNG proc
    Edited by ATomiX96 on January 22, 2019 12:10PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hated randomly dieing to that out of nowhere wont be missed
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be a nerf to my pve tank. Implosion was strong with 40k health and allowed my tank to finish off bosses alone after the group was dead. Now it will be harder.

In all other scenarios I really like this new passive. It's a little compensation for not having free minor berserk.
    As others have pointed out, it still needs some adjustments and if making it the other way around wouldn't be better, remains to be seen.
    Edited by Dracane on January 22, 2019 1:12PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ?

Amplitude is so powerful. So much better than implosion. Balorgh + amplitude dawnbreakers are gonna wreak faces in pvp <3
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

It's not that bad I think. Until 80% HP it's practically a cost-free Minor Berserk, and continues to give a steady but smaller damage increase afterwards. I would have favoured a sustain passive, but it could have been worse.

Is that kind of mechanic the reason why nobody even thinks about the other matriarch morph? The one with the dmg increase?

I'm fine with taking away RNG execute (even tho this game is ridden with RNG dmg mechanics anyway) but the new mechanics punishes me for doing my job - dealing damage and lowering my opponent's health - as well as my opponent for doing his job - not letting health sink too much. Not to mention that the 10% increase only really hits at a completely full health pool of 100%.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So start of a fight and the first 10% you have an equivalent to a gold bloodthirsty, under 90% it's purple, under 80% is blue..... then green and white.

From 50 to 25% you're below a white bloodthirsty piece but still a decent damage buff tbh.
    Once you pass that 25% bloodthirsty takes over if you have it on your jewellery.

It gives overall a buff to sorcs in PvE and stops cheese kills in PvP. I'm for it.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stamsorc implosion synergy with bleed, dots and spin to win was the only thing keeping stamsorc alive. Specially master bleeds.

It is probably fine and healthy for the game to remove those implosion (too much crying about RNG for both stamsorc and magsorc), but stamsorc need a buff to keep them afloat.

They been hit hard last time with loss of third bar, loss of dark deal stamina resource gain (over time vs instant). Now they lose implosion.

It is a bad time to be a stamsorc in pvp

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a very strong buff in pve, i hope it will make sorcs viable again. now the only thing they lack is untargetable for their pets.
    three reasons:
    1. I just want to talk to the banker/use crafting station.
    2. they already made them unkillable in content, but making them untargetable makes it so mobs wont run over to the Matriach and start attacking it unreasonably.
    3. unkillable in content is hilarious, sometimes saved wipes in vSCP hm (just for a while though, if people start dying it is over anyway for us noobs :D) but feels unfair and unintended
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is that kind of mechanic the reason why nobody even thinks about the other matriarch morph? The one with the dmg increase?

I'm fine with taking away RNG execute (even tho this game is ridden with RNG dmg mechanics anyway) but the new mechanics punishes me for doing my job - dealing damage and lowering my opponent's health - as well as my opponent for doing his job - not letting health sink too much. Not to mention that the 10% increase only really hits at a completely full health pool of 100%.

Twilight tormentor is a pet, has to be double barred, u have to keep it alive, u have to cast the ability and its increasing the pet's dmg not yours. How is that even remotely close to a passive dmg increase for you?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Twilight tormentor is a pet, has to be double barred, u have to keep it alive, u have to cast the ability and its increasing the pet's dmg not yours. How is that even remotely close to a passive dmg increase for you?

The point being : it is not interesting mechanics to boost original damaged vs execute as most of the game mechanics are linked to execute (PVE execute phase or PVP execute of the ennemy). If it was interesting, most dd's would choose this morph over the healing one.

Im fine with a passive change but I think stamsorc need something big time to compensate the loss of synergy with dots and bleeds. This mechanic is not interesting for stamsorc pvp. It is not a good time to play one.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hence why I said I would have preferred a sustain passive that maybe finally gives the option to wear something else than Lich, Amberplasm, Seducer or Ancient Grace. Given what we usually get as Sorc changes I almost find the cost reduction on Boundless Storm and the change to implosion remarkable.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »

The point being : it is not interesting mechanics to boost original damaged vs execute as most of the game mechanics are linked to execute (PVE execute phase or PVP execute of the ennemy). If it was interesting, most dd's would choose this morph over the healing one.

Im fine with a passive change but I think stamsorc need something big time to compensate the loss of synergy with dots and bleeds. This mechanic is not interesting for stamsorc pvp. It is not a good time to play one.

But it's not about whether it's an interesting mechanic or not. It's about the fact that it's an underwhelming mechanic. The twilight itself doesn't do enough dmg to even consider using it and a small boost to its dmg isn't going to change that. The other morph is used because the size of the heal is good to at least make you consider using it.

I'm not disputing the fact that Stam sorcs got hit. Overload 3rd bar removal was a big nerf and took a unique mechanic of the class away and the implosion change now does hurt Stam sorcs again but it had to be changed. I'm not saying that I like the new passive, I'd prefer something different, something more unique but comparing it with twilight tormentor makes no sense. Even their concept is different. It's like comparing apples with oranges.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a stam sorc this passive never made or broke the class it triggered so rarely i ignored it
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Lol ?

Amplitude is so powerful. So much better than implosion. Balorgh + amplitude dawnbreakers are gonna wreak faces in pvp <3

This. Predict whines to nerf amplitude within weeks of release.

A 6% chance below 15% health, vs a 100% chance of 2-10% damage above 10% health.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can account for raw damage though.

Random procs can't be accounted for and so are much more the devil tbh.

Amplitude looks to be strong but not insane and now means that mag has a single execute and stam has the weapon executes and a higher initial burst.

Balorgh + Amplitude + DBoS and then spin to win scaling will likely mean that many stam sorcs are going to still be strong in PvP.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance i say. It was never fun on either side to have a passive I win variable.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the new passive will be a nice increase for my PVP StamSroc. I like the front end buff. I have executes for the back end of the fight.
    Take in to account the two hand sword passive change, plus this new sroc passive and you are front loaded for a nice bit of consistent damage. Throw slime craw on top of that.

I think my StamSorc will be fine. Going to lose a bit of stam with the orc changes, but nothing that is going to change what I am doing.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear