The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Asylum Felms Jumps

iDeadly_CTSV
iDeadly_CTSV
✭✭
Does this mean that healers can no longer out range the 3rd jump? Being able to out range the 3rd jump actually provides a skill gap that is healthy for the trial. Also its going to rip alot of progression groups that are barely able to kill felms in the first place.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Felms has been doing this a long time and his legs were getting fatigued. We put him through a personal training program, identified key areas he could improve and then administered a strict diet in order for him to achieve peak performance. Afterwards, we found he always made the number of jumps he wanted to. He used to scream "Wheeee" each time he jumped but we have coached that out of him. We think everyone will appreciate a happier and healthier Saint Felms from now on.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Petition to rename St. Felms to Saint Felms the JACKED.

JACKED TO THE ***!

WHOOP
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 21, 2019 10:24PM
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wheeee!!!!!
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    taking unique gameplay out of the game, nice
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Felms has been doing this a long time and his legs were getting fatigued. We put him through a personal training program, identified key areas he could improve and then administered a strict diet in order for him to achieve peak performance. Afterwards, we found he always made the number of jumps he wanted to. He used to scream "Wheeee" each time he jumped but we have coached that out of him. We think everyone will appreciate a happier and healthier Saint Felms from now on.

That doesn't really answer the question is this removing the skill gap by being able to out range the 3rd jump? When it was figured out it was embraced from Zos when asked. This is like the light weaving/ animation canceling it should be embraced as a mechanic that adds a skill gap.
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Without delving too much into it, the mechanic was not based on range. He was always supposed to jump and only didn't when the ability failed to function. When an ability fails to function, it can have cascading effects on a fight. We will keep an eye on the difficulty level of this fight to insure that it doesn't increase as that was not the intent.
    Staff Post
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this should not be a change. Got a lot of experience in this trial albeit not as a healer but a fair bit as an OT. Managing jumps is fun. I don't think healers in my groups will like this.
    Edited by lassitershawn on January 21, 2019 10:47PM
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    Without delving too much into it, the mechanic was not based on range. He was always supposed to jump and only didn't when the ability failed to function. When an ability fails to function, it can have cascading effects on a fight. We will keep an eye on the difficulty level of this fight to insure that it doesn't increase as that was not the intent.

i got an idea, just make it work this way all the time then. seems good
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think it should not hit us too hard in that trial, although these jumps are always a high risk of healers dying in this trial in +2. Guess we have to test that out.
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn a big side effect of 3 jumps is you are losing a ton of cleave especially so in progression groups where dps is low. Were yall able to look into the issues where Olms spins around in circles and changes directions during storm of the heavens or Trial by fire? This is a bigger concern imo. To offset the change of the jumps the felms enrage timer could be slightly extended to compensate for the longer jump duration or allow more time between jumps
  • Lord_Umbranox
    Lord_Umbranox
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

While you at it, could you please also fix "Defiling Blast" (cone attack) of Llothis ? It deals damage beyond the telegraphed area at the end of the cone.
    "To give up the hard road is to bring suffering to the next traveler."
    Master Ahram
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    YEah @ZOS_Finn as @Lord_Umbranox says, the defiling blast mechanic deals damage in a bigger area than the actual cue ingame, this is specially critical since the end of the area is a semi-circle but it deals damage as if it is a full triangle.
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    The cone is pretty nasty as the animation towards the end of the cone where it tapers off is misleading. You can be out of the cone and still get hit by the cone
    Edited by iDeadly_CTSV on January 22, 2019 2:14AM
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Llothis cone is fixed, just missed PTS 1. Will see it soon.
    Edited by ZOS_Finn on January 22, 2019 12:32AM
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Umbranox
    Lord_Umbranox
    ✭✭✭
    Llothis cone is fixed, just missed PTS 1. Will see it soon.

Thank you! :)
    Master Ahram
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    Do you guys know whats going on with Olms always turning during kite and trial by fire? For example: I can be standing in the exact spot I was in before Storm or Trial by fire and he always faces entrance when he does the mechanic. He used to face correctly before the Storm bug a few months ago
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    The Olms turning issue is being looked into.
    Staff Post
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that this should not be a change. Got a lot of experience in this trial albeit not as a healer but a fair bit as an OT. Managing jumps is fun. I don't think healers in my groups will like this.

This healer doesn't like it. Especially since the dot can be gnarly if enraged and I will be the one getting the two jumps.
  • Concret
    Concret
    ✭✭✭
    Are you also gonna fix his jumps animation ?
    He literally does not jump half of the Time, only his area is visible and then felms run (not jump) from one side to the other. This can be really annoying because you can't taunt felms during this buggy walk and you can't use healers call to re taunt him (annoying while OT this trial)

Are you also gonna fix Llothis blinking effect making him untauntable and uninterruptable ?
  • Lord_Umbranox
    Lord_Umbranox
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

What happened to "Defiling Blast" change (Llothis cone)? It was working better on PTS, why this change didn't come to live servers?
    Master Ahram
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    @ZOS_Finn

What happened to "Defiling Blast" change (Llothis cone)? It was working better on PTS, why this change didn't come to live servers?

It did not but hopefully soon, there was some things we had to track down.
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Umbranox
    Lord_Umbranox
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

It did not but hopefully soon, there was some things we had to track down.

I guess we all hope to see it rather soon than later (somewhere before U22) :D
    Master Ahram
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn you my favorite zos person
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!