The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Solo PVE Player HATEFUL Feedback on PVP Mayham Event

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I can finally earn that laurel wreath later this year. I've done Cyrodiil quite a lot, and have done Imperial City a couple of times, but I've never done Battlegrounds. 2019 will be Battlegrounds year for me. o:)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you liked it. Most people won't even try it.

I only lag on Vivec which is the reason I play on Boetiah. But for some reason when pop locked it looks like there is only half the people as on Vivec.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your awesome story! I can only hope it inspires other pve mains to try out pvp. It is fun.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn it.. i came for forum tears and salt.... now how i gonna Boil my food....
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭
    /salute
    Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread reminds me of a troubled person; particularly with such a misleading title. Someone who is always happy and smiling on the surface. Despite the turbulence and despair all around, this person is somehow always showing a smile and cheerful persona. Yet, it's all just a mask because deep down inside there is trouble and chaos; just a big bad bubble awaiting to burst. Alas, I'm glad you enjoyed PvP and seemingly had a smooth run. It's can be smooth intermittently. However, the more you play it, you'll discover how PvP's overall performance is not as kosher as your tale from the la la land.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah! You baited me with that title. Anyways, good post :p
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am positively surprised this was not hateful whining post, but a positive happines for once. Nice to see people having fun at the event. :)
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it feels good when you try it out first time. Later you'll probably think PvP in this game is aweful actually. Probably. At least, it happened to me. However, I'm glad you had fun.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Under 50 is a nightmare if you're on EP :# The last two days were my first time in the under 50 campaign. As I had not bothered taking low level chars into the alliance war in the past.
    Btw, nightmare as in badly out numbered.

just curious, do u play pc eu?, cuz if so, thn it was my honor to be your nightmare :p
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I'm glad to see that other solo PVE'ers have discovered the fun of PVP.

I just can't stop talking about it. I never thought it can be fun. Espesially for a solo player, a PVE addict like me. I was scared by all that - you know - t-bag stories and groups killing one player stories - but... I never experienced such things during the event. Just fun.

Glad you had fun, welcome to the real endgame. Always room to improve, always new builds to try, and your enemies learn as you do. Don’t worry you’ll get to the big groups killing one person and tbags soon enough.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was a bit of a twist given the title. I expected pages of QQ.
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna try it properly in summer, but as solo PVE player I didn't go for any group and mostly checked out scouting missions. Tried to participate in other activities, but still have no clue about how to PVP.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.P.S.: I changed my title from Solo PVE Player Feedback on PVP Mayham Event to Solo PVE Player HATEFUL Feedback on PVP Mayham Event just to prove that a whining post gets hell more comments than a happy one. Seems that nobody here wants to see happy players :)[/b]

That's funny because I almost didn't read this topic because of the title, then decided maybe I could help explain how you get get tickets without actually engaging in PvP so you won't hate it so much next time. After reading it I was going to tell you that you should edit the title because it might put people off reading.

(Also according to the forum clock you gave it 10 minutes, in the middle of the night, before deciding no one was going to reply to your original topic. I know this is a fairly active forum but expecting responses that fast at a time when most people are not online is pretty optimistic.)
    Edited by Danikat on January 20, 2019 2:10PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went into Cyrodiil for the first time because of this event. OMG THAT WAS FUN!!! I'm making a PvP toon now.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I learned is that PVP is fun. It is easy to find a group and it is easy to be useful.

Agree. People aren't picky, they just need able people willing to put in effort. As it should be. I went in with my Argonian Magplar, and tossed heals at people doing the keep taking, or defense. It didn't take much to feel valued, and my contribution, like others who were doing the same thing, mattered.
    This event is a very important one. It shows players like me – a very SOLO players – that PVP is not only doable, but successfully doable and fun. I really enjoyed running with a ball at Battlegrounds. I really enjoyed fighting in Cyrodiil. It is all just because of the event. I’m happy that we have it! Thank you, @ZOS! And you know what… I’ll keep PVP!

P.S.: I had no lags. NO LAGS, and I’m serious. I played in high hours with crowds of people.
    My experience was very positive as well. No technical issues, but I didn't hop into Vivec either. I didn't change gear either, running around with a cloth set with no Impen traits, and didn't suffer. That said, I wasn't solo ganking, just assisting, so I wasn't 1v1 competing.

And things I hate: when people don't let others to do dailies in Cyrodiil! At settlements like Vlastarus and Cheydinhall. Please, don't kill those who just want to earn tickets!
    I only ran across one person on our side from another alliance who was at the quest turn-in NPC. I rounded the corner, and there was a Sorc with two pets just sitting there..AFK. Maybe she was using the bathroom, or making a sammich. At any rate, I killed her. My only 1v1 PvP kill to date in ESO, and it was an AFK one- lol. I still had a rush from it, because I was sure if she came back I would have been evaporated.

Good times. I enjoyed myself as well. It very much took me out of my comfort zone. But, I'm already planning a PvP toon to dip my toes in again.

Edited by Zathras on January 20, 2019 2:41PM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bravo for coming to Cyro and finding out how much fun it can be. Kyne is a great place to start.
    42 awesomes including mine.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much have you been paid for this post?
    Edited by oxygen_thief on January 20, 2019 3:04PM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve characters can still be useful in cyrodiil. Pve chars tend to have really high dps and aoe. Running in a group and stacking aoes on breeches helps alot. Also helps when they run siege.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Solo and PUG PVE player here. Been to Cyro several times but only to get Vigor for one of my 14 chars. This time has been different but I have seen a lot of lag on Vivec, not so much on the 7 days Boe Mal or Shor. Decided to try the Battlegrounds and for me that's where the fun is. Its just like PVE too 'cos the Group and Activity finder for Battlegrounds works just like Dungeon finder in PVE.....or should that be doesn't work :b)
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Redguard Stam DK rides the Tatoed Camel, so much fun, kill someone, then stay above him and let the Camel spit:) Sometimes i wonder if Im really 36 Years old,lol, ah well, time for a bit more PVP me thinks
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to Chorrol or Weynon Priory. People here are not such agressive as in Vlastarus or Cropsford.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you (and many others) had such an enjoyable experience in PvP.

I am constantly baffled by the PvP PvE enmity. Play the game the way you want for fun and treat other players the way you want to be treated (aside from killing them in PvP obv).

ZOS made a big mistake mixing PvP and PvE in areas, it's just asking for trouble to no benefit whatsoever.

Sadly I couldn't play any PvP this event as the Mac client for this game crashes every time I go near a battle, or enter a battleground.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post! Welcome to the madness!
  • rptrainer
    rptrainer
    ✭✭
    Ouch some of the replies got me. Enlighten me about pvp. Not to be rude here but the majority I encounter in the overworld are not nice, what's the difference in there? That's why i never talked in chat and stepped foot in cyro this pvp event. I'll never blend in with the crowds *hides in the corner* . Even overworld I'm just by myself, alone in 1 spot. Sorry for that.
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Under 50 is a nightmare if you're on EP :#

Really? EP and DC seem to join together too often against AD. Never seen AD joining another faction to screw the other, but I've encountered a lot of purple teams attacking our keeps.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    918969b4c2e3dcde55c64af6274ac9da.jpg
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my experience as well. I'm an Introvert SOLO player and I found I liked Cyrodil! I die alot, am not a great intuitive fighter, but I love it. Even though exploring and questing is what I enjoy most, I can picture myself going back to Cyrodil after Mayhem ends. TY to ZOS for making me broaden my gaming experiences!
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved my first time. It's a golden memory for me, as far as ESO memories go. It was such a rush to knock down the enemy's gate, pile in, and take part in a massive combat scene to seize control. I have goosebumps just thinking about it.
    Edited by Arrodisia on January 20, 2019 7:17PM
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar experience, first time ever in Cyrodill. I started out doing the town quests, and scouting for the tickets. Eventually I tried to help defend keeps and a few days ago was involved in taking my first keep, as it just started with a ragtag group of 4 of us taking the resources.

It is a game within a game. Learning the new transport system instead of wayshrines. Repairing stuff, siege weapons. The slang and abbreviations more so.

Then I found myself going there even when nothing was going on as I would do the delves, domens, quests for AP and bags and the double resources.

Highlights were taking a keep, taking out a guy in a delve. Also one time running into an enemy outside the quest down. Local town was taken by enemy but was sneaking in for handins. Anyway just sheathed my weapons and said hello. He just paused then ran off, guess he was doing tickets too lol.

Zergs aint fun to defend against but that's a two sided coin as it's fun steam rollin on one when starting out.