Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current Heavy Attack wind up speed 4 each weapon

rafaelcsmaia
rafaelcsmaia
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to measure or to find it somewhere (Been searching for a while now) the actual wind up time for each weapon?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH I feel like every weapon needs to be 1 second just like DW for "balance" and also cuz DW heavy attacks are actually fun and fluid while the rest are not
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    TBH I feel like every weapon needs to be 1 second just like DW for "balance" and also cuz DW heavy attacks are actually fun and fluid while the rest are not

The only ones that are a problem for me are the Inferno and Ice staves, Bow, and the Two Handed weapons. Resto and Lightning staves are fine, sword and shield are fine, and dual wield are fine.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So DW is 1 sec? where did you find it?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no data on 1h and shield which is the one im more interested in aside from DW, also its not clear if this is only based on resource return or actual wind up times.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Anything outside of DW-SnB or resto staff feels like a chore to heavy attack with. While resto/2h HA times are longer, they have some benefits that make them worth using from time to time. Heavy attack nerfs combined with LA buffs made this situation even worse because in PvP doing a heavy attack is basically exposing yourself and now you're also losing a truckload of damage aswell.

So, in a nutshell, heavy attack times for some of the weapons might need to be decreased.

(and while at it It would be great to rework molten armaments, which is so old and sad its not even used anymore.)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 3, 2019 9:37PM
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    I think heavy attacks with melee weapons are roughly 3 seconds (including inferno and ice staves) and charged weapons like the resto and lightning staves are roughly 4 seconds. This is from my own measuring I did a while back out of curiosity so may be slightly off.