The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I get the Dreugh Wax and other upgrades on the PTR?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
Never been on the PTR and I want to test stuff.

I can get tempering alloy for weapons but I do not see where to get the wax and rosin.

Also how do I become a vampire on the PTR?

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Never been on the PTR and I want to test stuff.

I can get tempering alloy for weapons but I do not see where to get the wax and rosin.

Also how do I become a vampire on the PTR?

First, I would wait till after the maintenance Monday for the PTS to be updated as they will most likely wipe the server and copy PC NA characters over. They usually have PC NA copies for the first two weeks and then do a wipe and copy PC EU characters over.

Either way you can create a character from a template (top left at character creation screen). A template character will have tons of containers for materials, recipes, etc. Many containers contain containers. Be selective or you can reach max storage fast unless you have ESO+.

As for becoming a vampire, you can purchase it via Crown store on PTS. The crown purchases do not use your real crowns. Items are usually really cheap but you also get about 5000 crowns on PTS each day.

I am probably missing some points, but that should get you started.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you -

Unfortunately it starts you out at level 1 when you buy it -_- oh well.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, I would wait till after the maintenance Monday for the PTS to be updated as they will most likely wipe the server and copy PC NA characters over. They usually have PC NA copies for the first two weeks and then do a wipe and copy PC EU characters over.

PC NA has held the active characters for over a month now on PTS. Which means it's about a 50/50 chance that ZOS decides to start next week with PC EU character copies. We'll find out when the patch notes drop.

Either way you can create a character from a template (top left at character creation screen). A template character will have tons of containers for materials, recipes, etc. Many containers contain containers. Be selective or you can reach max storage fast unless you have ESO+.

You can purchase max storage (bank, bag, riding lessons) for ultra cheap on PTS ... they give you plenty of gold and crowns to work with. Although much different than Live, storage is never a problem on PTS.

As for becoming a vampire, you can purchase it via Crown store on PTS. The crown purchases do not use your real crowns. Items are usually really cheap but you also get about 5000 crowns on PTS each day.

It's 5,500 crowns you start out with on PTS ... replenished each day up to that balance of 5,500.

Azyle1 wrote: »
    Thank you -

Unfortunately it starts you out at level 1 when you buy it -_- oh well.

Correct. But, maybe (just maybe) ZOS has figured out a way to max out the Vampire skill line now for PTS testing ... not waiting with bated breath though.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    PTS. It's PTS. You're also under the Practice Test SERVER section.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • SaintSubwayy
      SaintSubwayy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well use Templaets, and you gain everything you need.

Nearly every skilline is maxed already, except Werewolf and Vampire, Vamp is grinded very fast, so dont worrie about that too much.

Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 21, 2019 9:19AM
      PC EU
      vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Harrdarrzarr
      Harrdarrzarr
      ✭✭✭
      A relatively quick way to level vampire on PTS is the master crafting writs you receive. Craft whatever is says you need to craft, drink the ambrosia you receive and turn it all in.
    • mocap
      mocap
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      gold tempers are in Crafting materials crate. They just, i dunno, out of range or something when you first open that crate. Just take from there all low level materials (destroy them if need), then open that crate again, and here we go - all gold mats are there.