The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Iceheart Swords are upside-down!

Aiko
Aiko
✭✭✭
Wanted to put the Iceheart 1h Sword xMog on my dagger, when i noticed it's actually upside down.
Same goes for 2h sword.
Apart from them looking kinda weird in general, if you look at the Icon it's rather obvious.

Considering that you pay 2500 crowns for this, i hope it gets fixed.
I already sent a Bug Report but i thought i might let people know before they buy it.

iSw25Ui.jpg
Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The front side is the one you cut with, right? I'd say it kinda makes more sense this way. If it was the other way, those big spikes could get stuck in the enemy when doing slashing attack - and you don't want that.

Then again, the design doesn't make much sense from either side. ;)

• Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you are joking or not getting what i'm trying to say here..
    Just in case..

JICeHmf.jpgWt6jNQG.jpg

Edited by Aiko on January 13, 2019 1:11AM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought even in real life both sides of 2h sword are sharp :o:o:o
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it were accidentally flipped, it's now live in the game, there's no established correct way to hold it, and there's no visual bug attached to it.

The icons don't dictate weapon placement, though. Shadowrend's axe head faced to the right while Troll King's axe head faced to the left, for instance. And Bloodspawn is using the horn as a hammer head as opposed to what we might consider to be the hammer head based on what a traditional hammer looks like. So Daedra don't particularly have to follow mortal guidelines...
    Edited by Acrolas on January 13, 2019 1:47AM
    signing off
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spikes near the grip are in the right place, they're supposed to protect your hand, wrist and arm from the opponents blade.

It seems the icon is wrong, not the in-game model ...
    idea.gif
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    I thought even in real life both sides of 2h sword are sharp :o:o:o

Very much so depends on the sword.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean the edge is backwards? Bc if it was upside down with the tip next to the handle well it wouldn't look like a sword anymore more like a frozen joint B)
    Edited by Arkangeloski on January 13, 2019 2:21AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that maybe, just maybe, a weapon made of mystical ice may not follow the same physical stipulations as others do?

If the spike at the bottom gets that close to your forearm, your wrist is already broken anyway.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I love how you guys both argue that this is a fantasy game and RL rules don't apply yet then say the guard would be unrealistic if you turn the sword around.

A blind man could see that this is not how it's supposed to be.
    The 'curve' of the edge is on top..
    And while there are swords that look like that, like a falcata - this one doesn't seem (to me at least) to be one.

I just thought i tell people before they spend nearly 20 bucks on this - since ZoS sadly rarely fixes cosmetic bugs.
    Eventhough they should - especially when it comes crown store items.

Anyway.. this seems rather pointless anyway since every person here thinks he is a sword expert because he probably watched a Skallargrim video at some point in his life. So i'll just focus on what counts and that is the bug report i sent.
    Edited by Aiko on January 13, 2019 4:41AM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its to conveniently hit someone behind him.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at the yokudan bow when unsheathed

Laugh
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you know that both edges aren't sharp?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart-Pact-Maple-Staff-2.jpg?ssl=1

To be fair if we are holding anything facing the wrong way its this fricking staff.... The head should be facing forward, towards the enemy, not us.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aiko wrote: »
    I love how you guys both argue that this is a fantasy game and RL rules don't apply yet then say the guard would be unrealistic if you turn the sword around.

A blind man could see that this is not how it's supposed to be.
    The 'curve' of the edge is on top..
    And while there are swords that look like that, like a falcata - this one doesn't seem (to me at least) to be one.

I just thought i tell people before they spend nearly 20 bucks on this - since ZoS sadly rarely fixes cosmetic bugs.
    Eventhough they should - especially when it comes crown store items.

Anyway.. this seems rather pointless anyway since every person here thinks he is a sword expert because he probably watched a Skallargrim video at some point in his life. So i'll just focus on what counts and that is the bug report i sent.
    Gotcha, you're supposed to be the only 'sword expert' here. :trollface:

If you want to get down to brass tacks, in its current form, the sword would glance off anything it strikes. Invert it, and the upward spike towards the hilt is likely to get caught on anything is hits. While this might be beneficial from a damage standpoint, it's going to impede fluid swordplay.

The only justification I could see for the function of this design (your proposed orientation) would be for blocking purposes, acting as a guard, or catching the opponent's blade with the aim of disarming them.

Just taking good old fashioned physics in mind. Then again, I'm no sword expert.

(FWIW, if they did opt to fix this, it would be as simple as rotating the base model orientation via a single parameter.)

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 14, 2019 1:53PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm looks off now that its pointed out
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    How do you know that both edges aren't sharp?
    Because it (when displayed correctly) looks more like a sabre-type weapon to me - which are usually single-edged.
    Gotcha, you're supposed to be the only 'sword expert' here. :trollface:
    Never said i was, but unlike other people, also never pretended to be.
    Edited by Aiko on January 14, 2019 10:01PM
  • Sathukai
    Sathukai
    ✭✭✭
    It does look like it has a very slight curve outward, almost like a sickle. What really gets me are the spikes for the crossguard
    41bVkKU.jpg
    (i know I'm bad at photoshop, leave me alone)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, you're right, totally backwards. Makes the toon look like a derp. ZOS, if you'd be so kind as to take that out of that poor creature's hand, gently turn it around and put it back, you'd save someone from getting giggled at anymore.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t unsee this now, thanks guys :'(:s:(
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!