The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Killing one the most iconic builds of the game.....

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think all darkelf needs is a slight change.

upping it to 2k mag and stam would put it on par with redguard and highelf. It would give the option to go with redguard/highelf for sustain and damage. while darkelf could be mag or stam damage with a higher off resource pool. like a race option of shackle breaker. Which i dont think is a bad thing. There are alot of stam builds that require use of mag skills and mag builds always need something to help with cc and rolldodge.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the problem here that DKs are shoehorned to be one specific race to perform at an acceptable standard? Wouldn't the better approach be to make it so DKs actually have some interesting choices between which race to play?

Slightly true. Before this nerf magDKs had the choice of being an Altmer OR a Dunmer. Maybe a Breton. Now? You're shoehorned into being an Altmer if they want to continue to be at the current acceptable standard. The choice has been narrowed.

Dunmer have always had an advantage and buff to flame spells and damage. It's in their blood. It's been a part of TES for over a decade now. Stripping them of that strips them of a part that makes them unique.
  • KingKobra
    KingKobra
    ✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    Please take this conversation to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453551/upcoming-racial-balance-changes-for-update-21#latest

We don't need the entire General Sub Forum to be filled with this topic.

Sucks, you're not a mod.
    Edited by KingKobra on January 18, 2019 10:18PM
    PC-NA-AD
    Mag DK / Mag Den / Stam NB / Mag Sorc / Stam Sorc / Mag Plar (Healer) / Stam DK (Tank) / Mag NB
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Well the "uniqueness" of Sorcerers send their love. Have at ya.
    Streak and Overload Bar sends hi too. Oh and the Major Mending-less Healer class don't forget. <3
    But hey it's about YOU guys now, I guess it's real.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the problem here that DKs are shoehorned to be one specific race to perform at an acceptable standard? Wouldn't the better approach be to make it so DKs actually have some interesting choices between which race to play?

Thats an issue as well but my intention is to point out that game is losing many of its iconic characteristics in the name of diversity patch by patch. And that road has created serious set backs many times and discourages old/vet players to continue playing

For example, keeping your point in mind, of course it would be way more interesting to finally see DK to FINALLY get a stamina based spammable damage skill than seeing suddenly dunmers being a valid stamina option. Who cares when the biggest issue is the absolute lack of diversity of stamina builds in pve. Everyone wears the same 4 sets and uses the exact same weapon skills on their back bars (nowadays also in half of front bar i guess...).

Killing the only version you could have of a fire mage and probably forcing a race change token doesnt make any sense for me.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    The changes have yet to even hit PTS, let alone make it through four weeks of testing. We all know that there will be a lot of "tweeking" (and maybe twerking :p ) with the numbers before everything is finished. However can we simply relax and not proclaim something is "ruined" or "dead" until we have had the chance to test it out. Do I need to remind everyone that Deltia proclaimed Templars "would be dead" after Morrowind due to the introduction of the Warden and held a funeral for his Templar before actually testing out anything? LOLOLOLOL

Ya this is true for the most part but what you are failing to realize is that this is much more than just one class. This is every race so a lot more people are going to be pissed.

And i agree we should probably wait til the pts before flipping out completely, but its doubtful most things will change. Once zos wants something it is rare they will change it. Unless its something so bad that it would seriously hurt their player count, like shield cast times.

I dont think this is as bad as shields, but i think its going to chase a lot of people away if they dont give race changes for each character on each account. So many players are not going to want to deal with a race that is pretty much useless for what they want to do. Too many races have been not only nerfed (pretty bad when it comes to percentages), but have been changed around a lot.

Like my 6 orcs. As the changes stand now i would have to change all of them. Orc has gotten it the worst IMO. It is so bad that i dont think the changes will stand, but i also dont think they will get much more. Zos is out of touch with this game, and the players, so they dont like to listen to us. They know best.

Or like my redguards.. I feel those are pretty useless now too, because 2/3 of my redguards either use no weapon abilities or 1. My dark elf dk has taken a big hit on max magic and damage. And at this point I feel like all of my stam characters might as well be nords. At least if they give us 1 race change per char i can do that. Its not what i want, and im so *** sick of nerfs, but at least its not "heres one race change, pay for the rest".
    Edited by eso_lags on January 19, 2019 1:15AM
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    How someone feels about these changes are a reflection of how they choose to play the game and what their gaming priorities are. As such, I think it's important to own that our reactions to them are OUR responsibility and OUR problem. If you're the type of player who power games and feels they have to use "builds" because it's how the numbers work for competitive gaming, you made the decision to play the game that way. You can either continue to play like a power gamer or change how you play the game to not get frustrated or bent out of shape when changes like this happen. This is just a game after all. Is it worth stressing out about?

If dummer MadDK had been that way for a few months you might be right. But when a situation is left in a certain way for years. It just become a given that the game mentality and a gaming compagnye just cant expect to make a 180 degree and not upset players.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I really think a game should have any "iconic builds"....
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to take a moment to thank the group of people who've been whining about "racial balancing", leading up to this. Knowing that zos has a heavy hand regarding all changes, how did they think this was going to go? The race change token isn't a cash grab craftily engineered by zos, it's collateral damage from the people crying for racial nerfs.

Yes it was, lol. The race change went on sale at the right moment for Zo$. None of the other tokens were on sale with it because it was and is a cash grab, plain and simple. :*

This is just shows how little they care about the loyal endgame player base that has been here since the start of the game supporting it.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 19, 2019 2:02AM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like to take a moment to thank the group of people who've been whining about "racial balancing", leading up to this. Knowing that zos has a heavy hand regarding all changes, how did they think this was going to go? The race change token isn't a cash grab craftily engineered by zos, it's collateral damage from the people crying for racial nerfs.

It's a business, and being such its definitely a cash grab.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it was, lol. The race change went on sale at the right moment for Zo$. None of the other tokens were on sale with it because it was and is a cash grab, plain and simple. :*

This is just shows how little they care about the loyal endgame player base that has been here since the start of the game supporting it.

Idk about you, but I’ve been here for three years (a bit more before I knew what I was doing), and if you’ve actually been here since the start of the game then you know how this goes. Look Mag DK won’t be dead, at least wait for the PTS. What if Mag DKs are getting a buff this year? Then all this whining is just going to be wasted space. And even if it doesn’t, most of us have had to put a class on the shelf for a little while and play something else. It’s how it’s always been.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 19, 2019 2:22AM