The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK Build - No-CP Battlegrounds - Firebird™

mursie
mursie
✭✭✭✭✭
I've overhauled the build significantly and released a vid. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/-N2DanQ4dvs

5-1-1 Light Armor Dark Elf [No Vampire]
Light Skoria Helm
Light Skoria Shoulders
Shackle breaker body (Heavy chest - medium Legs - light rest)
sinners jewels: 2 spell dmg one mag recovery
spinners DW: nirn/sharpened with flame/oblivion
maelstrom resto staff infused with weapon dmg enchant
WMB or CWCF food. Tri-Pots

Edited by mursie on January 26, 2019 4:45PM
twitch.tv/mursieftw
twitter: @mursieftw
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m using 5 light as you are and 3 protective jewelry for the additional defense. Max Magicka takes a hit because of this so I sit at around 29-30k in non-cp/BGs but it doesn’t seem to hurt the damage or sustain significantly. Defenses are around 23k/28k (phys/spell) buffed with volatile armor and 1 pirate skeleton (and 1 domihaus). I only switch to skoria if I know there’s a dedicated healer in group.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not innate plus prisoners and troll king?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    My magdk is using brights toast boost and bsw. I use two protective on jewerly. The ult for the pisjic skill line gives you minor protection while slotted. The pisjic skill line has something that gives you major expedition. having a pisjic ablity slotted gives a sheild while blocking. Sustain isn't great but I usually play no cp.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I’m using 5 light as you are and 3 protective jewelry for the additional defense. Max Magicka takes a hit because of this so I sit at around 29-30k in non-cp/BGs but it doesn’t seem to hurt the damage or sustain significantly. Defenses are around 23k/28k (phys/spell) buffed with volatile armor and 1 pirate skeleton (and 1 domihaus). I only switch to skoria if I know there’s a dedicated healer in group.

Very interesting points. I have one piece set to protective and the other two are tri-une. You're not the first person I've heard say go full protective in light armor so I may give that a try.

i'm also thinking about using Chudan for the monster set. Would free up a bar slot to put a burst heal like coagblood instead of volatile and would give the pirate skele 1pc resists plus the valkyn Skoria 1pc. health bonus.

I just wish I was more impressed with coag blood. feels a bit week for it's cost.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Coag is weak particularly in non-cp. I know blockDKs in cp servers can get it to auto-crit after blocking 3 attacks which is about the only way it's worthwhile.

I keep Cauterize up on my destro bar, I slot Healing Ward and Resto Ult on back bar, and we have Embers and Power Lash proc still of course, usually is enough to keep me going and help out a few friends. I know @Taylor_MB likes to live dangerously and just use Embers and Power Lash, but I'm not as good as him and can't just rely on those heals.

I like the Chudan idea on magDK, I think it'd be a good option.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your race has no sustain. Your gear has no sustain. Your food has no sustain. Of course you struggle. I won't even dare to ask you for your magicka recovery stat but i'm sure it's not in 4 digit territory. When you get yourself into a 1vX scenario, you will end up spamming wings and coag until you can find some object to get out of LOS, and your build simply doesn't enable that.

My 2 cents on you wanting to 1vX people.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated build with video in original post. enjoy!
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I feel chudan is wasted on a magdk because volatile armour also increases your healing, I'm gonna watch the video later, I always love a good magdk build 😊
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

Very interesting points. I have one piece set to protective and the other two are tri-une. You're not the first person I've heard say go full protective in light armor so I may give that a try.

i'm also thinking about using Chudan for the monster set. Would free up a bar slot to put a burst heal like coagblood instead of volatile and would give the pirate skele 1pc resists plus the valkyn Skoria 1pc. health bonus.

I just wish I was more impressed with coag blood. feels a bit week for it's cost.

I just started a magdk. Im very new to it. I was thinking about using bright throats boast like OP. But I prefer cyrodiil.
    Have you checked out the new racial passives for Breton? Im thinking Breton will be the new gold standard for sustain.
    Im wondering why I dont see any magdks using harness magicka? And if you dont want to be vamp, how do you deal with snares?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Coag is weak particularly in non-cp. I know blockDKs in cp servers can get it to auto-crit after blocking 3 attacks which is about the only way it's worthwhile.

I keep Cauterize up on my destro bar, I slot Healing Ward and Resto Ult on back bar, and we have Embers and Power Lash proc still of course, usually is enough to keep me going and help out a few friends. I know @Taylor_MB likes to live dangerously and just use Embers and Power Lash, but I'm not as good as him and can't just rely on those heals.

I like the Chudan idea on magDK, I think it'd be a good option.

Nm I found the info.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on January 28, 2019 3:55AM