Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Stam Race Predictions?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Any predictions on what will be the next best stamina dps race? Orc seems like it will have more damage but Redguard will have insane sustainability. Thoughts?
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc.

Brawny: Increases your Max Health and Stamina by 500.

Unflinching: Increases your Healing Received by 4%. When you deal damage with a weapon ability you restore 380 Health and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Swift Warrior: Increases your Weapon Damage by 258. Reduces the cost of your Sprint ability by 12% and increases your Movement Speed while Sprinting by 10%.

• Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems simple so far:

Best Sustain - RG, Bosmer
    Best Damage - Dunmer, Orc
    In the middle - Khajiit

RG and Bosmer will lose DPS but have great sustain
    Dunmer and Orc will have better damage, but not so good sustain ( Dunmer is really bad )
    Khajiit gets a little more stam ( and HP! which is kinda nice ), a little more recovery and of course, has crit.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard.

Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%.

Conditioning: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.

Adrenaline Rush: When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    It seems simple so far:

In the middle - Khajiit

Dunmer and Orc will have better damage, but not so good sustain ( Dunmer is really bad )
    Khajiit gets a little more stam ( and HP! which is kinda nice ), a little more recovery and of course, has crit.

I cant see Bosmer being used tbh. I know some do use it but Redguard still outshined it. Khajit I can see being dropped completely. Maybe used as a healer race?¿?

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know why people think redguard will have good sustain. Martial training is terrible, most builds use few weapon abilities.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    It seems simple so far:

In the middle - Khajiit

I cant see Bosmer being used tbh. I know some do use it but Redguard still outshined it. Khajit I can see being dropped completely. Maybe used as a healer race?¿?

Bosmer you may be correct on but Khajiit you are dead wrong. Khajiit is in a pretty good spot. It got buffed in pve across the board, albeit not a large buff.

Here is the other thing. While you may argue that both dunmer and orc have received "better" buffs.... their sustain still is an issue. They may have to sacrifice damage somewhere to get sustain, something a Khajiit may not have to.
    Edited by Azyle1 on January 18, 2019 2:32PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    I don’t know why people think redguard will have good sustain. Martial training is terrible, most builds use few weapon abilities.

Endless hail, poison inject, twin slashes. Which at least for sdk is their spammable so. I think it might be stam sorcs spammable as well.

• Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we will be surprised.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watch it reduce cost of ults too lmao

• jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭

I think you are partially correct.. Every stam class uses weapon abilities in their PvE rotation, but i think stamsorc might be the only stam class that uses a weapon ability as a spammable (shrouded daggers from what i remember).

I think Redguard will only be "BiS" for stamsorc because of that fact tbh..

Overall, I really like how they balanced the racial passives - there really is no clear cut BiS, but there are many more ways to build a toon around certain playstyles.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

I think you are partially correct.. Every stam class uses weapon abilities in their PvE rotation, but i think stamsorc might be the only stam class that uses a weapon ability as a spammable (shrouded daggers from what i remember).

I think Redguard will only be "BiS" for stamsorc because of that fact tbh..

Overall, I really like how they balanced the racial passives - there really is no clear cut BiS, but there are many more ways to build a toon around certain playstyles.

Stam Dk uses either rending or claw as a spammable. Rending is just harder to sustain but does more dps. They can use charged weapon too but its really hard to sustain

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ohhgrizyyy , just as an aside, Claw makes good spammable for DK, and I tested recently against Rending Slashes (after the patch that toned down enchantments - which was the idea behind Slashes as spammable) and didn't find much damage difference, if at all. And sustain with spamming Claw is so, so much better. I can sustain blue bi-stat food with reasonable comfort and without heavy attacks (as a khajiit).

But yes, redguard sustain got buffed a little assuming a single Hail, PI and Slashes per 12s rotation.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on January 18, 2019 2:39PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it depends on class.

Like redguard won't be great on stamblades. Suprise attack and relentless won't be reduced, neither will trap or caltops. Which leaves poison injection, endless hail and redning. Stamplar makes heavy use of jabs and power of the light which again won't benefit.

Other classes will make more use of it so sustain better.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ohhgrizyyy , just as an aside, Claw makes good spammable for DK, and I tested recently against Rending Slashes (after the patch that toned down enchantments - which was the idea behind Slashes as spammable) and didn't find much damage difference, if at all. And sustain with spamming Claw is so, so much better. I can sustain blue bi-stat food with reasonable comfort and without heavy attacks (as a khajiit).

But yes, redguard sustain got buffed a little assuming a single Hail, PI and Slashes per 12s rotation.

Whats a good setup to run that doesnt involve trials gear? I havent updated my SDK since I came back to the game and its still in Hundings/Sunder/Mephalas which was good like a year ago lmao

• Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

Whats a good setup to run that doesnt involve trials gear? I havent updated my SDK since I came back to the game and its still in Hundings/Sunder/Mephalas which was good like a year ago lmao

Hundings/Briarheart maybe? I do not know sDK's very well.
    Edited by Azyle1 on January 18, 2019 2:48PM
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to my calculations here on the forum imperial is the most buffed race but mostly tanky-styled
    Redguard is the best stambuffed, orc is in between

Others are way worser
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ohhgrizyyy , mm-m, without trial gear... (Hidden under spoiler not to derail the thread.)
    ...I would say first of all look at the Veiled Heritance (you'll need to run it in jewelry and weapons, plus transmute jewelry which comes in Healthy - it's a heavy set). Damage-wise it goes toe to toe with AY (which is meta for front bar). Hard to find equal substitute for Relequen as the other set, but I'd say Spriggan's will perform admirably. If you don't have vMA bow, you can try Leviathan in place of Veiled / AY, or combine Veiled with Leviathan. As a monster set, Kra'gh will give you best parse, but in a lot of content, Velidreth is more practical. Bars: front - Claw, FoO, Noxious, Rending, Trap, Dawnbreaker, back - Hail, Caltrops, PI, couple of flex spots (I usually keep Vigor and Hunter for the passives, but you can try another DoT or Igneous).
    Edited by John_Falstaff on January 18, 2019 2:57PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ohhgrizyyy , mm-m, without trial gear... (Hidden under spoiler not to derail the thread.)
    ...I would say first of all look at the Veiled Heritance (you'll need to run it in jewelry and weapons, plus transmute jewelry which comes in Healthy - it's a heavy set). Damage-wise it goes toe to toe with AY (which is meta for front bar). Hard to find equal substitute for Relequen as the other set, but I'd say Spriggan's will perform admirably. If you don't have vMA bow, you can try Leviathan in place of Veiled / AY, or combine Veiled with Leviathan. As a monster set, Kra'gh will give you best parse, but in a lot of content, Velidreth is more practical. Bars: front - Claw, FoO, Noxious, Rending, Trap, Dawnbreaker, back - Hail, Caltrops, PI, couple of flex spots (I usually keep Vigor and Hunter for the passives, but you can try another DoT or Igneous).

Basically the reason I say without trial gear is cause well I dont have a dedicated PvE toon and I'm trying to get one so I wont have trial gear for now lol. Jewelry and weapon wise whats best rolls/enchants? Also I'd prolly backbar trap for the extra weapon damage and vigor. I also do have a vMA bow but its nirn

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard.
    1K stamina back every 5 seconds. Nuff said.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard.

Bosmer, with a potion, vampire and 5 medium armor (not even counting cp, class passives etc) you getting more regen than adreniline rush.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ohhgrizyyy , to be frank, farming Cloudrest for Relequen is so stupidly easy I cannot even describe it. nCR+0 is ultra-short (three mini-bosses and a boss fight, no trash, no nothing) and can be done with a team wearing brooms and buckets. Weapons - for trials, two infused daggers (I run poison and weapon damage), infused bow (I run absorb stamina there, it got a buff recently). For small scale and solo - axe + dagger (for me, axe bleed pulls ahead of twin daggers without good warhorn uptime, though it's also a bit capricious), same traits. Jewelry - two bloodthirsty, one infused (all weapon damage), but you can run more infused and fewer bloodthirsty, they're pretty balanced. Body - seven medium, all divines. Trap on the back bar should work fine, I guess (I only keep three active skills there because AY stacks may fall off otherwise). There may be other layouts, I'm sure I'm not using the best tuning (and rotation) possible, but hitting 48k self-buffed, so there's that.

To the predictions about best stam race - I'm actually interested in seeing how orc's and dunmer's weapon damage scales with trial buffs against khajiit's 8% critical.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on January 18, 2019 3:21PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Redguard.

Bosmer, with a potion, vampire and 5 medium armor (not even counting cp, class passives etc) you getting more regen than adreniline rush.
    950/5*2=380 / hail+slashes+poison arrow once 10 seconds = 4051+2160+2430=70*2, 380+140=520.
    258*1.7 (5 med armor, potion, nb passive, cp) = 438. So even on NB or Sorc bosmer still behind.
    Yeah, you are right, in this case devs are ok with maths. But any nerf change to those passives (replacing with flat values) will throw bosmer back again.

edit: forget to multiply economy from weapon cost*2, redguard is still better
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on January 18, 2019 7:37PM