Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Update on Physical Collectors Edition

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Quotes from tweets made just now (maybe an official post coming soon)
🐈 Elsweyr Update 🐈 We decided to move away from requiring our most loyal, invested players to purchase a full version of the game every year in order to get the physical Collector's Edition goodies, so we decided not to release a physical CE for Elsweyr. (1/2)
We are exploring options for at least one (or more) Season of the Dragon-themed physical collectible item that will not require a game purchase. If these prove to be popular, we could release more over the year. Stay tuned for details! (2/2)

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give me a 12-inch Alduin statue and the original Molag Bal one! I'll buy it the minute it's available. The physical statues not the tiny statuettes for my ingame table.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shut up and take my money!
    :)
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the Head's-Up Turelus.

Thank you.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they go with a better statue maker than whoever they used for the previous collectors editions.

I would love to see some Gentle Giant ESO stuff. My Darth Malgus from the SWTOR collectors edition is still a pride placed item on my shelf because it's such fine craftsmanship. The ESO ones always felt a bit rubbery and cheap compared to that.

Although granted there is a big price difference for us if you move from the ESO style ones to something like Gentle Giants.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • amith
    amith
    ✭✭
    Yeah!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why a statue. And who the hell wants another dragon.

I want that damn broken tablet, looks so good on its little pedestal.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this approach. So many now buy the game online. I know I don't want to pay twice for it just to get something in the physical CE.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with releasing them separately is it's not worth it. I am not paying $50 or even $30 for the statue. That is in Canadian funds. I don't know, buying them separately just doesn't feel like a "collector's edition" and just a cheap toy. I guess the same for the book as well because I know they will cost about the same so actually paying twice as much separately than we would be buying an in actual collector's edition.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear, but, please, make it not too expensive (not more then CE) and available worldwide, not just few countries!
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I want dragon! I wasn't able to get Skyrim CE, so I have no dragons.
    Though I also like tablet.
    Edited by Enemoriana on January 18, 2019 4:40PM
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but that was a bad business decision.

Those Physical CE's sold like hotcakes, and it also looks like the devs are putting the game on the back burner by making everything Digital.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker or anyone else on the community team :

Does this mean we should feel free to purchase the Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade, knowing that there's nothing else coming tied to the game purchase and that all remaining Elsweyr-related collectibles will be sold separately?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those Physical CE's sold like hotcakes, and it also looks like the devs are putting the game on the back burner by making everything Digital.

How do you know they sold that well? They reduced the Morrowind CE in the UK shortly after it was available to purchase, and I doubt this was done as a gesture of good will.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has a smell of Fallout 76 taint on this. Either Bethesda Publishing doesn't want it said that Zenimax Online does it better, and/or just want the talk of Physical Editions talk to die down.

IF that is not the case I can't see them not doing it UNLESS they are really hurting for money and can't afford to make the product ahead of time.

I always thought the collector's edition was a "thank you" for supporting us and here is a little extra for doing so. So not seeing this, is a sign of Zenimax Online OR Bethesda publishing still disrespecting their customers.

If anything, Elswyr should have been given for FREE. After all, wouldn't that have been a great way to say THANK YOU for sticking with them for 5 years or HELPING them keep ESO alive?

Yeah, sadly less respect for their fans and customers. I don't even want to hear about a company needs to make money, that is why they have to Crown Store.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

Does this mean we should feel free to purchase the Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade, knowing that there's nothing else coming tied to the game purchase and that all remaining Elsweyr-related collectibles will be sold separately?

If you were waiting to buy Elsweyr because you were hoping we'd announce a physical CE, then yes. You can go ahead and upgrade whenever you want. Any items we do put out won't be tied to the game and can be purchased separately :smile:
    Staff Post
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    Can I get an 3 meter dragon for my backyard? I will stick a bear trap beside it (re-arming trap)
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What absolute bollocks...
    We decided to move away from requiring our most loyal, invested players to purchase a full version of the game every year in order to get the physical Collector's Edition goodies, so we decided not to release a physical CE for Elsweyr.

...but you're still selling a DIGITAL collectors edition and the other "physical goodies" will come at a premium ON TOP OF what we already paid for a digital version?
    Edited by iiYuki on January 18, 2019 6:14PM
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you were waiting to buy Elsweyr because you were hoping we'd announce a physical CE, then yes. You can go ahead and upgrade whenever you want. Any items we do put out won't be tied to the game and can be purchased separately :smile:

@ZOS_SarahHecker Some feedback to pass along.

A bunch of separate items really sucks for a lot of international countries. The #OurElderScrolls tshirt for Canadians was $45 CAD - for a TSHIRT. The main reason? Shipping is more than the price of the tshirt. Normally Collectors Editions were offered via our own countries suppliers so we didn't need to pay these outrageous shipping costs, and now I imagine any items will be tied to the bethesda store - which has an outrageous shipping cost for us.

It really sucks when you are forced to pay more money for shipping an item than the item costs. Now I surely hope these items are not strung out over the course of a year, because that would probably add up to crazy costs. At least if the items all roll out at once - normally order more at a time allows shipping to at least cost less than the order.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    Will the collectibles come in a canvas bag? I want to admire them whilst drinking rum
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind too much. If they release special CE stuff separately, I'll probably get it, but truthfully I really enjoy collecting the boxes as well. I'm bummed that Elsweyr won't get a spot next to Summerset on my shelf, but thems the breaks.

I remember when EQ2 stopped doing physical CEs and then stopped doing physical editions altogether. Granted ZoS isn't in the pit SOE / Daybreak was in, but I do hope that next year we will see the return of a physical CE for the chapter. I love supporting the games I play and enjoy, and I always feel a lot more satisfaction spending money on a CE than just getting crowns.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    We decided to move away from requiring our most loyal, invested players to purchase a full version of the game every year in order to get the physical Collector's Edition goodies, so we decided not to release a physical CE for Elsweyr.

...but you're still selling a DIGITAL collectors edition and the other "physical goodies" will come at a premium ON TOP OF what we already paid for a digital version?

the angry man does have a point. Physical Elsweyr goodies and digital upgrade combined should NOT cost more than a Physical collectors edition would. To do so would unfortunately kill any intended goodwill from this decision.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Books, maps or lithographs. Dont care about statues or other expensive stuff like that. Books with lore and especially all the cool concept art is at the very top of my wish list.

And make it available on amazon and other international sellers, as was stated elsewhere, shipping costs to EU via the Beth store doubles the costs of the items which is extremely derrimental to peoples desire to purchase.
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭

Turelus wrote: »

Nice positioning from the marketing dept, but I can't help thinking that a physical CE costs money to make and distribute - digital is free.

My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit uncomfortable with the wording in that tweet if im honest,
    We decided to move away from requiring our most loyal, invested players to purchase a full version of the game every year in order to get the physical Collector's Edition goodies

So your most loyal if you buy only the most expensive copy of the game, what about the players who are still loyal by subbing every month aswell as buy digital upgrades, are they less loyal??

You should choose your words more carefully.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I bet you will have the opportunity to purchase both before the years is over. :p:p
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

A bunch of separate items really sucks for a lot of international countries. The #OurElderScrolls tshirt for Canadians was $45 CAD - for a TSHIRT. The main reason? Shipping is more than the price of the tshirt. Normally Collectors Editions were offered via our own countries suppliers so we didn't need to pay these outrageous shipping costs, and now I imagine any items will be tied to the bethesda store - which has an outrageous shipping cost for us.

It really sucks when you are forced to pay more money for shipping an item than the item costs. Now I surely hope these items are not strung out over the course of a year, because that would probably add up to crazy costs. At least if the items all roll out at once - normally order more at a time allows shipping to at least cost less than the order.

@ZOS_SarahHecker

I second this.... Please have these items available from Amazon for us to purchase. If not, then the likely hood of a lot of players outside the USA purchasing them will be slim due to the horrid cost of shipping internationally, in addition to the extra duties and taxes we will have to pay. At least when we had the Physical CE's they were shipped to us from our own Country (I always purchased through Amazon.ca) and we received them within a day or two.

I don't know why you guys just didn't include a Physical CE Upgrade Edition, that doesn't have a new whole game DVD in it, but instead has the upgrade code that we could download it ourselves. This way, at least, for new Customers, they can still go directly to your website and buy the base game at a decent price and then upgrade it too.

I'm also worried the items are now going to be overpriced to purchase.
    With the CE's the extra would cost about $40CAD more than the listed $99.99 USD price for the physical edition. The difference of which, from the Digital editions was about another $30. Plus we paid taxes on top of that. Therefore, I hope to see a bundle of the Physical items together (steel case, map, statue and book) for purchase to be no more than $75 CAD and shipping included as that is approximately what we have been paying for the Physical CE editions items for the last 5 years.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riverlynn wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Nice positioning from the marketing dept, but I can't help thinking that a physical CE costs money to make and distribute - digital is free.

That is how I read it. I don't get the post still. Don't want to make people buy the "full" version? We already have that option if not wanting to buy. I am sure we never complained about that. That is why we buy the Collector's edition to get the full version.

So how can we buy the digital edition stuff separately? Are we not FORCED to buy one or the other if we are going to buy?

What am I missing here except that Zenimax doesn't want to pay for shipping and what not?
    Edited by Davor on January 18, 2019 6:49PM

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this new business model. It's just a scam to get us to pay more throughout the year instead of getting everything at once for a reasonable price.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »

The difference is that those of us who bought the Morrowind and Summerset physical CEs had to buy the base game again as part of the price of those CEs. If the cost of the digital CE upgrade plus the cost of the physical goodies ends up being the same or more than the cost of the Morrowind and/or Summerset physical CEs then that'll be a problem. If that total comes out to be lower because of not having to buy the base game again, then what ZOS is saying makes sense.
    MissBizz wrote: »

And this right here ^

That's exactly my concern with this approach. The physical CEs were distributed through game stores (although there were some pretty significant problems with that - especially with the Summerset one), which meant that those of us outside the USA had a way to get them without paying ridiculous shipping costs. Well, a lot of us did anyway - I'm sure there were countries that didn't have that option.

So if this new approach means that we can only get those CE goodies by ordering directly from ZOS/Bethesda and having them shipped from the US, then I'm going to be seriously pissed off. There's a reason I never buy anything physical from the Bethesda store: because the shipping to Canada is stupidly expensive. If it wasn't for that I'd be drowning in plush mudcrabs, ourborous glasses, etc.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the physical stuff!!! Hurraaaaayy
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was amazing both in response time and response content. Thanks!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster