The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many of you have problem FPS decrease overtime?

• Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    If its something that easy like lowering View Distance i would never write in the Forums lol.

I tried everything related to Usersettings, ingamesettings, windowssettings..

But something must cause it, because some get same problems and some not.. idk
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to provide full system specs if you're having these sorts of problems, no-one can begin to second-guess what's going on without having the first idea about what system you're running.
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    Win 10 Pro 64bit
    I5 4570
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    16gb DDR3-1600 Ram
    GB z87x-D3H Board
    750 watts PSU
    System on SSD Sata 6 60gb free space
    Game on SSD Sata 6 80gb free space
    Other Data on HDD Sata 6..
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly what Im talking about.
    All the sht that needs to be fixed in the game, but devs decide to focus on nerfing entire player rosters instead then turn around and sell race change tokens to us at discount when devs purposely manufactured this artificial issue.
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty old post, tbh fps problem itself changed alot at least for me, just use as few addons as posible and you will gain more fps, view distance also helps. I am happy with fps in game right now, in trials i get stable 50+fps in fights most of the time which is acceptable.
    But main issue i had with fps drop overtime is still in game and i dont think it will ever be fixed. Only way to fix it if you are inside of the trial, just port on someone from group (it will bring you at begining of the trial) but your fps will increase by 20+ in fights.
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    What makes it curious for me, is that not everyone have that problem. Im the only one in my Raidgrp suffering that hard from this..
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    have only 8g of ram with no problems unless something is updating or my virus scan comes on. but then again I am not running every addon out there either. those can cause several latency issues too.

logging out or restarting to fix it makes it appear to be a memory leak of some type. these can be dependent on a machines graphics card and settings.
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    have only 8g of ram with no problems unless something is updating or my virus scan comes on. but then again I am not running every addon out there either. those can cause several latency issues too.

logging out or restarting to fix it makes it appear to be a memory leak of some type. these can be dependent on a machines graphics card and settings.

What settings do u mean? Driver, control panel of nvidia?
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is known from devs and they can't fix it. It would cost too much ressources.

What you can do to avoid it :

- never put shadows higher than medium (the swapfile from teso in your documents folder must stay around from 10 to 15 Mo),
    - Put "maximum particles systems" and "particles suppression distance" to minimum,
    - put view distance to 25 (far enough for everything),
    - avoid using game antialiasing (force it through card drivers), it's known to take part of the memory leak,
    - always keep allys additional effects turned off.

Your FPS will skyrocket and never go down again.

PS : for more FPS, you can also disable water reflection and ambient occlusion.
    Edited by Sarousse on January 18, 2019 1:57PM
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    This bug is known from devs and they can't fix it. It would cost too much ressources.

- never put shadows higher than medium (the swapfile from teso in your documents folder must stay around from 10 to 15 Mo),
    - Put "maximum particles systems" and "particles suppression distance" to minimum,
    - avoid using game antialiasing (force it through card drivers), it's known to take part of the memory leak,

Already good Ideas but nope, its not really helping.

1. Shadows are off, reflections are off, also SSAO/HBAO
    2. Maximum particles systems is at "64" and particles suppression distance at "25" View Distance is on 25 since day 1 playing this game.
    3. Antialiasing is off. I use nvidia DSR @ 2880x1620 on my native 1920x1080 60hz display what is sharp enough without jaggys
    4. Ally effects are off since day 1 playing this game.
    5. All of this doesnt help with the decreasing fps over time. :(

But thank you for your help :)
    Edited by Keewo on January 18, 2019 3:59PM
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    Keewo wrote: »
    Sarousse wrote: »

Already good Ideas but nope, its not really helping.

1. Shadows are off, reflections are off, also SSAO/HBAO
    2. Maximum particles systems is at "64" and particles suppression distance at "25" View Distance is on 25 since day 1 playing this game.
    3. Antialiasing is off. I use nvidia DSR @ 2880x1620 on my native 1920x1080 60hz display what is sharp enough without jaggys
    4. Ally effects are off since day 1 playing this game.
    5. All of this doesnt help with the decreasing fps over time. :(

But thank you for your help :)

Only way to fix decreasing fps overtime is by traveling to someone from your group, or go outside zone and get back. It's not PC issue, there's no player that doesnt suffer from this, it's just server thing. This is not only in ESO, while back PUBg had same issue, but they fixed it.. ZOS just cant fix that, since their Code is huge mess, other then adding futures, they really cant do anything else for lag in cyro, and general fps issues in dungeons and trials.
  • spartycus
    spartycus
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody found any issues? im thinking about quitting the game again.. i remember this was the reason i left.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this problem once, it would always start somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour of being in the same zone usually when I was gathering.

Turned out it was the minimap addon I was using at the time. (fyrakin) Have not had an issue since I disabled it a lil over a year ago.

Edit: And I put my graphics back on high after that.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on February 5, 2019 2:57AM
    love is love
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this problem once, it would always start somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour of being in the same zone usually when I was gathering.

Turned out it was the minimap addon I was using at the time. (fyrakin) Have not had an issue since I disabled it a lil over a year ago.

Edit: And I put my graphics back on high after that.

I started using Votan's Minimpa with the circular icon. Do you think that is safe to use? Do you use it?
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no fps drops.
    Ping/latency is my issue.
    60 fps 1080p ultra.
    Ping is 250-300.
    Then 999 ping.
    So lovely.