The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MAc client always crashing at PVP - every 15minutes

voxtor_turak
don't know how to express my frustration when playing PVP:
It's not a bad computer
- Macbook Pro Retina 15'', NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

I'm running on Low specs to get into PVP (any other config does not work well)

Every 15 minutes the game crashes. I'm getting the same error:

ERROR MESSAGE:

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.1.0.0.962841
char.account = victorhg
char.alliance = 3
char.name = Torugo Durak
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = inworld
client.renderertype = OPENGL
client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-04-05T22:49:59.746Z
client.time_since_load = 40
client.uptime = 859.9
computer.name = victorAwesomeMac.local
computer.user = victorhg
cpu.count = 4
data.depotid = 4000
data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/Launcher.app/game_mac/pubplayercli
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.961669
exe.buildnum = 962841
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
gfx.vendorid = 0
globby.address = 198.20.200.149
globby.port = 24505
loc.wloc = 43 575039 16378 566831 26.02
loc.world = Cyrodiil
loc.worldid = 43
loc.zone = Cyrodiil
login.address = 198.20.200.149
mem.current = 1903
mem.peak = 2206
mem.physical = 16384
os.platform = mac
os.version = 13C64
realm.depotid = 0
realm.id = 4000
realm.name = NA Megaserver
reportfield.ver = 3
Edited by voxtor_turak on April 5, 2014 11:53PM
  • voxtor_turak
    Just after I wrote this, I entered the game...
    Once I'm trying to assault a keep... same thig goes by...

Importante notice: I've been on every beta session so far, and it's the same thing all along! Never improved, or solved...

Next error message:

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.0.0.962841
    char.account = victorhg
    char.alliance = 3
    char.name = Torugo Durak
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = inworld
    client.renderertype = OPENGL
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-04-05T23:09:45.884Z
    client.time_since_load = 2286
    client.uptime = 2352.0
    computer.name = victorAwesomeMac.local
    computer.user = victorhg
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/Launcher.app/game_mac/pubplayercli
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.961669
    exe.buildnum = 962841
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address = 198.20.200.149
    globby.port = 24501
    loc.wloc = 43 64123 38457 287323 262.04
    loc.world = Cyrodiil
    loc.worldid = 43
    loc.zone = Cyrodiil
    login.address = 198.0.200.149
    mem.current = 2235
    mem.peak = 2375
    mem.physical = 16384
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 13C64
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4000
    realm.name = NA Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @voxtor_turak‌,

we're currently collecting crash reports in this thread, where we also discuss the possible reasons of the frequent crashes, and methods how to make the situation a little bit less frustrating.

You're welcome to join us. :)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't know how to express my frustration when playing PVP:
    It's not a bad computer
    - Macbook Pro Retina 15'', NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

I'm running on Low specs to get into PVP (any other config does not work well)

Every 15 minutes the game crashes. I'm getting the same error:
    ---snip---

As @KhajitFurTrader says it would help to keep all Cyrodiil and general memory crash reports and feedback to that thread Please use the Spoiler tags to avoid overlong posts from the reports (it's in the post editing tools at the top of the edit window like a backwards P)

From a look at these, the first is not the memory crash. Look like you crashed out when transitioning like through a door or something.

Second is still lower than the normal memory crash limit. So not clear. It was after 40 minutes game play.

The more reports and detailed feedback it will help try and improve this.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 7, 2014 1:31PM
  • rebelcoder
    Same boat here. I keep checking hoping for a fix. Just about fed up with this crap. 2 beta weekends and 8 days since had start and not a peep about a fix.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me in PvP as well, but only when I'm in a large group, and then it's usually 5-10 people crashing at the same time. So I don't think it's necessarily only for mac.

And I usually crash once every hour or so maybe when ungrouped(solo) in cyrodiil. I usually go with that now, since I prefer playing for 1 hr smoothly at a time then 15 minutes.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on April 7, 2014 5:47AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me in PvP as well, but only when I'm in a large group, and then it's usually 5-10 people crashing at the same time. So I don't think it's necessarily only for mac.

And I usually crash once every hour or so maybe when ungrouped(solo) in cyrodiil. I usually go with that now, since I prefer playing for 1 hr smoothly at a time then 15 minutes.
    It's why the crash reports are useful to see the differences. Hopefully they are able to identify the various issues then start to address them. Work continuing on Mac client memory issue.
  • Ryan21m
    Ryan21m
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same problem, but only since official release. I played pvp in the second to last beta and it ran smoothly at medium with everything. Once the beta before early access hit though pvp wouldn't run for anything, constant lag. With early access I just crash every 3-4 minutes or so in pvp.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    What's been happening to me today is that if I go near a large battle (graphics on low) the game appears to be normal but it's disconnected or crashed because I have no controls and the chat isn't updating. I can minimize the client and attempt to log out but when the timer hits 0 nothing happens. All you can do is run around the map till you physically close the game.

I've looked at my memory at this time and it doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary it just instantly disconnects (without any notification) when too many are on the map around me.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's been happening to me today is that if I go near a large battle (graphics on low) the game appears to be normal but it's disconnected or crashed because I have no controls and the chat isn't updating. I can minimize the client and attempt to log out but when the timer hits 0 nothing happens. All you can do is run around the map till you physically close the game.

I've looked at my memory at this time and it doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary it just instantly disconnects (without any notification) when too many are on the map around me.
    UnfortunatelyI think the megaserver is just not able to cope it seems and appears to be getting maybe worse than better. I'm guessing you are on the NA server? I forget from reports ;)

All the reports posted with these issues are not memory or Mac I think. it's pointing more to the server/ network their end.

If I see any suggestions or information I'll post it.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Yeah I am on the NA. It also appears to lag more around large battles than before but my Internet Connection may be not as good today not sure - wish they had a way we could check latency in the client.

As a healer I want to be around the large battles - I'll just have to stay away till this gets better.

@Moonraker Did you happen to play Shadowbane back in the day?
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 7, 2014 9:30PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am on the NA. It also appears to lag more around large battles than before but my Internet Connection may be not as good today not sure - wish they had a way we could check latency in the client.

As a healer I want to be around the large battles - I'll just have to stay away till this gets better.

@Moonraker Did you happen to play Shadowbane back in the day?
    Probably the easiest way I find to check the ip of the game server is via Activity Monitor;

Apologies if this is stuff you already know but it may help others also.

/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app

I use it to watch Real Memory and Virtual Memory usage and quit my game before it hits the memory limit so useful for that also.

Log into the game so their is a process running (the app) then launch Activity Monitor and choose Memory. Then click the Memory tab so it shows largest current memory using process and eso should be near the top. Double click it to open a separate process window for eso (Elder Scrolls Online game)

Monitor Memory

Under Memory it will show the active Real Memory Size. When this gets close to the limit of around 2.7GB it's time to quit the game then relaunch. It just helps to avoid a crash in a fight for instance. Probably not going to help so much in Cyrodiil as it can spike fast.

Under that is Virtual Memory Size. When it gets close to 3.7GB then it's the same thing to relaunch. Mostly they will be quite close to each other in rising so either are close time to quit.

IP Address & Traceroute

But, for finding an ip address to check select Open Files & Ports. It gives a load of stuff not to worry about. But down the list should be some ip addresses like this (two I see)

92.168.1.10:49587->198.20.200.195:24502
    192.168.1.10:49590->198.20.200.95:24117

That is Europe Megaserver. NA will be different but should be in that range I think.

I believe the range of possible game server addresses is 198.20.200.0 > 198.20.200.250.

Then use Network Utility to do a Traceroute. Easiest way to get Network Utilty is to copy/ paste that path in the Finder > Go > Go to Folder... and press Go.

/System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Network Utility.app

Open Network Utility (I drag it to my Dock as I use it often. It's location changed in 10.9), select Traceroute,paste in one of the ip adresses and click Trace.

It will then do the trace via all the hops on it's route to the game server and stop when it repeats .... It wont allow a ping to the actual game server network to avoid attacks. Then you would have a good idea of the connection. Any spikes in latency number or pauses while it does it and '*' can indicate some issue on the route. I usually do a few to get a better idea.