The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New racial ballance - why nerf argonians in everything?

Anyron
Anyron
✭✭✭✭✭
Why nerf argonian, one of weakest DPS races of all possible to pick?

Old passive change

1. Resourceful: Gain 3% Max Magicka and restore 4620 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion → Increases your Max Magicka by 1000. Restore 3600 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion.

On my character, 3% max magicka = 1026 which will be almost same as new change but you loss over 1k resources from each of stats. Also, High elf with their new racives can get 4600 magicka over 45 second but argonians only 3600 over 45 second (potion cooldown) .

2.Argonian Resistance: 9% Max Health and 1485 Poison and Disease Resistance → Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Disease Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Diseased status effect.

again, on my character 9% max health = 1479 which is far less than only 1k health as new. yes, i get there more to disease and poison resistance but thats not big change since there isnt much of that damage in pve and it works only with few builds in pvp

3.Quick to Mend: 5% Healing Done and Received → Life Mender: Increases your Healing Done by 4%.

this racial only now works for HEALERS ONLY. its even worse than this was before argonians got some buffs some time ago,worse for all roles (tank, dps,healer)

(numbers what you see here are from my character after racial reset, i am argonian magicka dps)

you wanted to do racial ballance but now its even worse than it was before because altmer got their big buff to both max pool of magicka and sustain, which was unique to argonians and to top of that another 250 spell damage for high elves!.

This isnt ballance, its even worse how it is now! why should i now pick up argonian when altmers got better in both ways as resource and damage??
Edited by Anyron on January 17, 2019 2:04PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argo is definitely the most over-performing race as of Murkmire—but I agree they went a bit overboard with the nerfs.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian has never been a weak race since like 3 years ago. It was a BiS race in PvP and the best healing and tanking race in PvE. It was nerfed because ZoS doesn't know how to buff the rest.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fear that ZOS will simlply kill some of argonians build diversity as pretty much every argonian build out there will now use at least one or two potion colldown jewelry enchants with infused jewelry.
    Also tri-stat potion might become too relevant and playing as an argonian might simply become too expensive for majority of players. Big guilds with easy acces to crafted tri-stat potion in large numbers will have an advatage. The same way people with "wallets" might simply go to crown store and just buy crown tri-stat potions.
    :(
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Argonian Nightblade DW/BOW DPS Main since Beta

I will see no difference xD

My class-race combo sucks in terms of damage, also i can't be a good healer and tank as Nightblade in Trials so... loss-loss situation for me.

I'm not gonna change my Race no matter what.

Meanwhile waiting for 'Underwater environment so i can be OP" with my swim speed passive.
    Edited by Bloodystab on January 17, 2019 2:27PM
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    These nerfs are way too strong, potion passive sure i agree its really really strong but nerf to poison damage, health and magicka is really really bad for any argonian class.

The healing nerf is also very very bad just removes any argonian healers, as now high elf is just the best at everything magicka related "we want to equalise the races" you just made every race even more segregated it ruins any build and class diversity.

"Play as you want" does not exist its now play as a high elf if you want to ever be considered playing magicka dps. Play as redguard if you ever want to consider stamina dps.

Argonians are good for two things, healing and tanking and now they are worse at both. And argonian has never been good as a DPS class now made even worse by nerfed sustain.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These nerfs are way too strong, potion passive sure i agree its really really strong but nerf to poison damage, health and magicka is really really bad for any argonian class.

The healing nerf is also very very bad just removes any argonian healers, as now high elf is just the best at everything magicka related "we want to equalise the races" you just made every race even more segregated it ruins any build and class diversity.

"Play as you want" does not exist its now play as a high elf if you want to ever be considered playing magicka dps. Play as redguard if you ever want to consider stamina dps.

Argonians are good for two things, healing and tanking and now they are worse at both. And argonian has never been good as a DPS class now made even worse by nerfed sustain.

I can agree here. They wanted to close the gap on classes but all they did was completely ensure everyone runs the exact same 2 races.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer Resourceful to give 1000 Magic OR Stamina with the potion passive following suit in restoring 1 resource + Health. So along the lines of this

Resourceful: Increase Max Magic or Stamina by 1000, depending on which is higher. Drinking a potion restores 4000 Health and 4000 Magic or Stamina, depending on which is higher.

As for the Health reduction, it really doesn't make sense that 9% health = 1000, 6% Health = 500 and 12% health = 2000. I could see 1000 for 6% and 1500 for 9% making much more sense.

Life Mender is the very definition of limiting racial diversity, not expanding it. It's shoehorning Argonian to be nothing but a Healer. I'd take Healing Received over Healing done since Healing done only applies to self heals whereas Healing received applies to both self heals and that done by other players, making it universally more useful.
    Argonian forever
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally. Thank you.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer Resourceful to give 1000 Magic OR Stamina with the potion passive following suit in restoring 1 resource + Health. So along the lines of this

Resourceful: Increase Max Magic or Stamina by 1000, depending on which is higher. Drinking a potion restores 4000 Health and 4000 Magic or Stamina, depending on which is higher.

As for the Health reduction, it really doesn't make sense that 9% health = 1000, 6% Health = 500 and 12% health = 2000. I could see 1000 for 6% and 1500 for 9% making much more sense.

Life Mender is the very definition of limiting racial diversity, not expanding it. It's shoehorning Argonian to be nothing but a Healer. I'd take Healing Received over Healing done since Healing done only applies to self heals whereas Healing received applies to both self heals and that done by other players, making it universally more useful.

Argonian was great for everything lol, not just healing. Pvp and tanking especially
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing argonians was the best idea, they were a meta a long long time. So stop crying about that, everyone expect that and knows they will get some nerfs. Now we can say they are balanced compare to other races.
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Nerfing argonians was the best idea, they were a meta a long long time. So stop crying about that, everyone expect that and knows they will get some nerfs. Now we can say they are balanced compare to other races.

Nerf high elf and redguard to the ground too as they are meta FOREVER

Edit: for spelling mistake
    Edited by LizardThixvim on January 17, 2019 3:26PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Argonian has never been a weak race since like 3 years ago. It was a BiS race in PvP and the best healing and tanking race in PvE. It was nerfed because ZoS doesn't know how to buff the rest.

This isn’t entirely true. They got a buff which made other players play them around 2016 but they weren’t bis yet. Because when I played one during Morrowind people still asked me why was I an argonian while the majority of people used high elf or Breton. They really became dominate by the player base in 2018.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With how they treated the redguards they really went overboard on nerfing argonians.

This isn't balance and sadly not the diversity I was hoping for. Just seems like it was done more for the money of people buying race change tokens then anything else.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Argonian was great for everything lol, not just healing. Pvp and tanking especially

I'm talking in relation to the suggested changes to Argonians, not their current standings. The suggested changes remove Argonians as BiS Tanks by nerfing our health and sustain as well as removing our Poison status Immunity, which also hurts our PvP performance so we aren't great for "everything" anymore.

Our Damage has always been terrible but made up for with our superior sustain. That is no longer going to be the case but we didn't receive any buff to our damage and the nerfed sustain means our already low damage is getting even lower. These changes are just putting Argonians back into the same spot we were in prior to Morrowind, a meh race with no real purpose.
    Argonian forever
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be quite honest, Argonian utility has been overpowered for quite a while, so I have no problem with these nerfs at all.

My issue with the Argonian changes is, well, the lack of buffs. Argonians have always been great at utility and nothing else; they're among the worst, if not the worst, when it comes to DPS, and now that Argonian utility has been nerfed to some average level, in the end they become the most underperforming of all the races in all roles.

Argonians need some buffs to their damage to counteract their utility nerfs; this will satisfy both parties in that their utility is balanced and their damage is brought to be a bit more on-par with other races. I've posted my idea in the Racial Passives thread, but basically, I proposed that Argonians get +1000 max stamina and also +129 weapon and spell damage for 5 seconds upon receiving any healing. This should bring them a bit more level with the new Dunmer in terms of damage, but ultimately the Dunmer would still be better at damage, and Argonians would still have their utility.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did exactly what we all feared and expected.

Instead of offering each class a slightly tweaked version of current passives and giving us racial passive morphs to diversify options for each race, they just tweaked numbers. And as expected, the nerfhammer came down stupidly hard on some races.

Argonians got nerfed across the whole board. Diversity my A$$

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe Argonians will do fine,

There is nothing wrong.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20160906210446
    Had to
    His line goes “back in line slave!”
    Or something like that.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on January 17, 2019 4:08PM
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Finally. Thank you.

Cant quite understand how a race getting nerfed is a big help to you lol. Does it just upset you when someone else has something?
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So are you done crying about how OP argonians are?
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking in relation to the suggested changes to Argonians, not their current standings. The suggested changes remove Argonians as BiS Tanks by nerfing our health and sustain as well as removing our Poison status Immunity, which also hurts our PvP performance so we aren't great for "everything" anymore.

Our Damage has always been terrible but made up for with our superior sustain. That is no longer going to be the case but we didn't receive any buff to our damage and the nerfed sustain means our already low damage is getting even lower. These changes are just putting Argonians back into the same spot we were in prior to Morrowind, a meh race with no real purpose.

I can agree with that.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭

Nerf high elf and redguard to the ground too as they are meta FOREVER

Edit: for spelling mistake

I have 1 argonian, 1 redguard and 3 altmer in my 15 chars and this is true... It is funny people who have altmers and redguards speaking of argonian as the best Race of all, since they were meta from the start
    Edited by miteba on January 17, 2019 10:20PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

This isn’t entirely true. They got a buff which made other players play them around 2016 but they weren’t bis yet. Because when I played one during Morrowind people still asked me why was I an argonian while the majority of people used high elf or Breton. They really became dominate by the player base in 2018.

Yup, that's right, the buff to argonians in reality was a nerf to the other classes through CP cost reduction stars.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me do ZoS' work for them and actually balance this race.
    Listen up, this is how it's done.

Recourceful: Increases Max Magicka by 750. When you drink a potion, you restore 2500 health, magicka and stamina instantly and 2100 over the next 10 seconds.

Argonian Resistance: Increases maximum health by 1500. Increases Disease Resistance by 2800 and makes you immune to the disease status effect.

Quick to Mend: Increases healing taken by 10%

Now the class' stats are in line with their former +% boosts, the potion effect is still potent but doesn't provide a burst of recources, making it balanced and argonians are still 'quick to mend' which implies THEY heal up quickly, like they do in lore.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are going to be over-nerfed imho. :/

For example, lets compare Argonian & Redguard new sustain passives:

Argonian: Every 45 seconds you get 3.6 stamina, 3.6 magicka & 3.6 health back (every time you drink a potion).
    Redguard: Every 5 seconds you get 1K stamina back (it procs on direct dmg which is 99% dmg you deal).

1K stamina back every 5 seconds... just throw a caltrops and you can perma-block... :#

So this simply makes Redguards bis for both, tanking & stamina DPS :o :
    If Argonians will get 3600 stamina every 45 seconds... redguards will get 9 ticks so 9K stamina. Sure argonains will still get 3600 magicka too, but blocking with Frost Staff is kinda useless.

Also their role as healers is pretty much gone (healing bonus passive got wrecked into oblivion). To add to this, breton (that already was arguably bis at healing) is getting an enormous buff too (3% magicka skill cost reduction -> 7% magicka skill cost reduction).

So basically speaking, with those changes argonain went from being good tank & decent healer to OK-ish tank & useless healer.

With those changes we are left with only 2 "meta" / bis races:
    - Redguard for stamina DPS & Tanking
    - Breton for Healing & most likely magicka DPS

EDIT:
    Part of a problem with Argonian having its sustain is paradoxically NOT the resourceful passive. If you will look closely argonians became part of the meta the he moment Summerset Chapter came out... and what we got with Summerest ? You guessed it - Jewelry Crafting.

Infused jewelry with potion cooldown is exactly the thing that intentionally or not synergised well with argonian pasive & boosted it. If something needs to be looked at it is this combo. This imho should be adresed HEAVILY by the comunity when PTS arraives so we can post our feedback.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 17, 2019 11:08PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for % stats being converted to lower numbers, these numbers now benefit from all other resource increases you get. So 1k health + 6% undaunted + whatever else your class passives give + active buffs and its overall a buff.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick to Mend: 5% Healing Done and Received → Life Mender: Increases your Healing Done by 4%.

WHY????

You want flexibility and now you got a racial that benefits one role. This was really unnecessary and does not make any sense.

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because they stated in the developer notes that the argonian racials were twice as good as some from other races, hence the nerfs in every aspect to bring them in line with all other races.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    because they stated in the developer notes that the argonian racials were twice as good as some from other races, hence the nerfs in every aspect to bring them in line with all other races.

if you really belive this then why they buffed altmers and redguards, strongest races for magicka and stamina characters?
    even blind one can see these are not ballanced

i could agree with this change when all other racials remains same. but nerf one, ( good only for healers and tank builds, still even with this old passive weakest of all races for dps both stamina and magicka ), and buff another doesnt make sense
  • Hjorth
    Hjorth
    ✭✭
    i am really disappointed that zos didn't take this opportunity to turn argonians in to a true hybrid race, with the resourceful passive they would have been perfect for it.

instead we are left with a second hand healer, that are outshined by the new breton. And with nords and imperials being far superier tanks.
    Edited by Hjorth on January 18, 2019 2:04AM