Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MMR ?

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
I am new to BGs. I see MMR mentioned quite often. Some type of ranking? How can you see what your ranking is for each toon.
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can’t :(

That’s a problem IMO.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an arbitrary number that more ranks you based on how much PVP you do / have done than is does measure any degree of skill.

The number goes up and with it your ability to get a quick queue for BGs.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an arbitrary number that more ranks you based on how much PVP you do / have done than is does measure any degree of skill.

Well that's unfortunate. I'm a pretty bad player, but just discovered BGs and having a blast. Shame to get stuck with the pros because I might play a lot

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Account based or character based ?

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

I think its character based, but thats only my assumption.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Character based, but if you're any good at PVP, it'll increase really fast. Just got back into the game, first day back my magDK was in the lower brackets, queues popped in less than 15-20 seconds, good matches. Next day, queues took minutes, *** matches filled with cheese, premades and tryhards, and the fun just went out the window.

So tired of MMR. Wish it was just removed.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am new to BGs. I see MMR mentioned quite often. Some type of ranking? How can you see what your ranking is for each toon.

The MMR is the primary reason why a lot of us are playing fewer BGs than we used to. Like you, I had a blast when I first started playing BGs. There was no MMR back then, and while there was some cheese, I seldom encountered the same groups over and over again running said cheese.

Now, I can predict how a match will go before it even starts, based on the premades I recognize in opposing teams. On average, I’d say I spend 90% of the time playing against the same damn people. I know for a fact that there are more players running BGs on PS4 than those same 20 or so people.

Until ZOS gets rid of the MMR, most of my PVP will involve zerg surfing. For team deathmatch, I’m increasingly gravitating to other games that do it about a thousand times better.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely cant grasp it whatsoever tbh. As someone else already pointed out it's certainly character based.

Considering the first few dudes you run with barely do 70k damage, light attacking battles. and it's not like the premade stomps you run into mid tier or sth where all the proc sets from caluurions to sloads pop up on your recap, with earthgores going off here and there. A bit later on I got really good matches with dome crazy premades here and there that destroyed our team.

overall the premade matches are simply one sided in their favor, if the coordination is alright. I mean double ww, pocketheals, a warden with ns and like akaviris, potentates, blood spawn, some 2 set has like perma ice fortress, sleet storm and ice blockade up like you just chill behind the ww's tearing it up whilst everyone is just rolling, rolling, rolling :/ vivid memories indeed
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "An invisible number that rises slowly as you play BGs, and causes the queue times to go up arbitrarily" or something.

Added benefit though, the if you stay ahead of the *** you get to have fun rather than being in sperg land. Played some BGs with some freinds today who didnt play much PVP, and it was a complete *** show of some of the worse builds.

Permaforst, cloakspamming, draining shots and stealth archers, dedicated healers. I see all of these when I play, but never to that degree. Everyone was a sperg-meta pleb :/

Did meet a guy who was top 10 on the leaderboards in low MMR though. A stealth archer who did pretty decent damage to be fair, but had he been a group fighter we would have won a lot faster.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the first few dudes you run with barely do 70k damage, light attacking battles. and it's not like the premade stomps you run into mid tier or sth where all the proc sets from caluurions to sloads pop up on your recap, with earthgores going off here and there. A bit later on I got really good matches with dome crazy premades here and there that destroyed our team.

Can confirm, it doesnt matter what your MMR is, there will always be one person who does like a 10th of your damage on your team. Not even as a tank or healer (which are questionable rolls to play in BGs imo)