The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reminder to Fix Crafting Stations

Grimm13
Grimm13
✭✭✭✭✭
Let us get reliable working crafting stations on any surface of the house. Just remove requirement of having to have them green light to work.

Better yet, make a new bigger station that you can load your attuned stations into to add them as a drop down menu. Maybe having only one of each crafting station in a house will allow them to work properly. Might be easier to write new code that works this way than to figure out what is breaking them.

This will also free up furniture slots and make Guild Housing Functions improved. I would rather see a work area station that has about a 3 to 4 times footprint size of the current stations, that looks great than to have multiples of the same thing. BUT DO NOT make it a CS exclusive, has to be ways to earn them in game as well.
https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MaximusDecimus
    MaximusDecimus
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea of a huge forge that takes the place of the blacksmithing station. Pretty sure its just a new item that they can simply add the existing UI to as parent code. Also definitely a brilliant idea to reduce the number of crafting stations in houses. If they do this I would be unbelievable happy.

Rough alternate idea that you add an attunement slot in every crafting station. The relevant attunement rune can be placed in the crafting station to attune it. The attunement rune can be banked when not in use. NOT DESTROYED ON USE. Also purchasable with writ vouchers from vendor.

Also good job pointing out that it shouldn't be crown store exclusive. I suggest that they be purchasable with Writ Vouchers and require level 50 in the relevant skill line.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of a huge forge that takes the place of the blacksmithing station. Pretty sure its just a new item that they can simply add the existing UI to as parent code. Also definitely a brilliant idea to reduce the number of crafting stations in houses. If they do this I would be unbelievable happy.

Rough alternate idea that you add an attunement slot in every crafting station. The relevant attunement rune can be placed in the crafting station to attune it. The attunement rune can be banked when not in use. NOT DESTROYED ON USE. Also purchasable with writ vouchers from vendor.

Also good job pointing out that it shouldn't be crown store exclusive. I suggest that they be purchasable with Writ Vouchers and require level 50 in the relevant skill line.

Reason I suggest that you use your attuned stations in them is that I do not want to see all the currant ones become absolutely obsolete. Yes it's an additional cost but it is also a reduction that you get for that cost.

If you could think of a simpler way to easily incorporate all the hard work players have placed into the stations they have, then by all means share it. Has to be simple so ZOS would want to do it.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to put a provisioning station into a fireplace or some kind of stove and have the thing actually work. Doesn't seem to me like something we should even have to ask for but something they would have been sure to make work, but no. Hope for the future, though.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MaximusDecimus
    MaximusDecimus
    ✭✭✭
    You could convert all attuned crafting stations to the ones I suggested. Each becoming a base attuneable crafting station with the relevant attunement stone. This would prompt a massive sell-off of the excess stations, allowing new players to purchase them for cheaper. However the attunement stones would be retained. Just a theory.

I guess a drop down menu with all the set options the station had been infused with would work better for guild homes.

So...

Proposal 2:
    Attunement stations would be reverted to their unattuned state. Upon interaction for first time after the update they will drop the attunement stone they were previously attuned too, unless there is a simpler way for the devs to do this (i.e. mail or somesuch). Once the station is infused with a attunement stone it will forever have that set available to craft. Should reduce rendering overhead by reducing number of crafting stations since the station specific data should only be fetched during interaction. This way each infused station will reward the players for acquiring them and induce a sell-off of the excess stations, helping new players.
  • SwansEye
    SwansEye
    ✭✭
    So happy to see they've addressed craft tables not always working! I was hoping to see "container" stations to condense our attunable tables too, but I'm still holding out hope for this to come with Elsweyr since the zone will undoubtedly include new craftable sets. Even a property with a lot of open space like Grand Topal is getting crowded with all the tables, and rearranging them when we get more is becoming so cumbersome I didn't even bother last time. I just plopped down the Murkmire tables wherever they'd fit.

It would be especially exciting to have such "container" stations be placeable in multiple homes, like the chest furnishings are. If we could condense all our attunable tables into just four stations, we could craft in almost any home, except maybe the free rooms. How nice it would be to do our crafting wherever our mood strikes us that day! Hot summer day with no air conditioning? Head for Pariah's Pinnacle or the snowglobe. Need to craft a quick set on your way to Rawl? Everything would fit in Sleek Creek Estate! Crafting on board the ship in the Aldmeri Grotto would be too much fun, and the list goes on...

We have such a wonderful variety of homes available, and I know I'd visit (and actually decorate) more of them if I could do my master writs in any of them. Fingers crossed to have this someday...
  • Zath
    Zath
    ✭✭✭
    Really tired of having to go and move stations over and over at my guild hall just to keep them functioning. We spend a lot of real-world money buying crowns for houses and then countless hours in-game collecting and completing writs for vouchers to buy the attuned stations.

Our guild members really love our hall and appreciate having a growing number of attuned crafting stations there, but get understandably frustrated when they're broken on a regular basis. They down't all submit tickets because it's not their personal house, but the pain is still there.

Please, please, please, please get this fixed ZOS or at least communicate with us to let us know where we're at. The silence is deafening and is just making a frustrating situation all that more frustrating, especially for us guild masters who have to keep fixing the stations and explaining to our guild members.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zath wrote: »
    Really tired of having to go and move stations over and over at my guild hall just to keep them functioning. We spend a lot of real-world money buying crowns for houses and then countless hours in-game collecting and completing writs for vouchers to buy the attuned stations.

Our guild members really love our hall and appreciate having a growing number of attuned crafting stations there, but get understandably frustrated when they're broken on a regular basis. They don't all submit tickets because it's not their personal house, but the pain is still there.

Please, please, please, please get this fixed ZOS or at least communicate with us to let us know where we're at. The silence is deafening and is just making a frustrating situation all that more frustrating, especially for us guild masters who have to keep fixing the stations and explaining to our guild members.

They do have a fix on PTS with Update 21. So far it looks like it works, as long as it translates to live.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to put a provisioning station into a fireplace or some kind of stove and have the thing actually work. Doesn't seem to me like something we should even have to ask for but something they would have been sure to make work, but no. Hope for the future, though.

Yes I agree with this. The first time I tried to put my provisioning station inside a fireplace and it was like "nah, youre good dude." I was very confused.
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Zath wrote: »

They do have a fix on PTS with Update 21. So far it looks like it works, as long as it translates to live.

was this fixed for anyone? we still have issues. if there is a workaround, then i'm happy to work it. but currently, we're looking at moving all our stations to another house because 1 of 4 in each set bounces into mid-air and can't be used, simply because it's on a man-made floor, not the ground. .
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All seem to be fixed, have not heard anyone say it's back.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA