Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

"Prompt to buy Game Time Code"

djclew
djclew
Is there one? All sources tell me to go to account.elderscrollsonline.com and follow they prompt, but there is no prompt at all! There are no options under any of my account settings to set up any sort of billing for recurring time whatsoever. i know this isnt a huge over sight and must be some sort of glitch. Is anyone else experiencing the same type of issue?
  • Barndog
    Barndog
    Yes, I am having the same issue
    Options
  • joaorosx
    joaorosx
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue too.
    Options
  • Wallysan
    Wallysan
    This is actually a huge oversight. Right now, the only people who can play are those who have subscription-renewing accounts. Many people (like myself) bought this game with the assumption we could start with 'game time' cards from the get-go. Where and when can we buy game time?
    Options
  • Malachiah
    Malachiah
    Indeed, there are no prompts to create your subscription plan, and so far the FAQs on this have only told me that I had to redeem the code that came with my pre-order. Naturally, I did so.

Now, I see an information on this post https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7719/kw/valid game code , that states that the early access code is not a valid game code.

So this means I basically paid some 60 euros on a pre-order that doesn't allow me access to the game, when the cover states it comes included with 30 days game time, which are locked away because of this oversight you're talking about.

It also seems to imply that I need to buy a game time code on purpose to get something I've already paid for - so, add to those 60 euros the amount from that game time code -, just to set up my subscription plan. So, this means I spent 60 euros for a 5-day game time...?

I sent a mail last night to staff - and I think that the info in bold at the top of the link I mentioned in this post was placed there after I sent that mail - asking to clarify on how to setup the subscription plan. Setting up the subscription plan online was something that should've happened already. I bought the full price for the game - apparently more, the difference being a few bits of plastic that make a case and the card that came in it -, I used the code that was inside. I followed the instructions inside the cover, and it'd only be logical to have been prompted to create a subscription plan, one that I can only seem to be able to setup if I were to buy a digital version of the game. Doesn't using a code to allow me to download a game online, make it a digital copy already?

So, all in all, I paid more just to have my life made harder over this issue. Why is this being made so difficult? If those who bought the game online have been prompted to setup their subscriptions, and will only be billed at the end of the 30 day period, why does it have to take us, who bought the pre-order from the retailers, have to buy an extra card to setup the same subscription? When are these cards coming out? So far, I've seen no game card being sold, online or otherwise.

And lastly, why am I writing this comment right now, when I could be having fun in the game?
    Options