After hearing Rich discuss the daedric artifacts (Volendrung) in Cyrodiil, I think this is a phenomenal concept and will be a ton of fun seeing how its implemented. So happy to see some new content coming our way after a few drought years. Thought I'd share some of my key questions and ideas surrounding this new mechanic and see if anyone else can help theorize how it would ideally play out. Perhaps if ZOS is not concrete on their implementation of this, we could give them some ideas as to what we want.
Edited by Jules on January 16, 2019 1:16AM
Some things worth pondering:
1) What will the frequency of Volendrung drops will be?
- Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Once a campaign? This could be the difference between an occasionally fun mechanic like scroll fights vs something that will have a real impact on all of our gameplay constantly.
2) Where will they drop primarily?
- Ideally outskirts of the ring so that we can get pvp in interesting and new places, but with a timer bomb ticking down and player kills being needed, too far out would mean a hasslesome journey back in to more prevalent fights. Perhaps half way between inner ring and outer keeps would be ideal to optimize access to fights.
3) What will the time frame look like in terms of killing players to prevent it killing you?
- Does 1 player add x amount of time to a never-ending countdown or would some other concept be in place? Going 10m without a kill, ect?
4) Will emp be able to simultaneously be Volendrung or will they be the solitary person incapable of doing so?
- Hopefully not as this is intended to be an emp counter, but never know.
5) Is there any disadvantage to dying while being Volendrung? (Other than just not being able to kill other players if you're dead)
- I wonder if they will implement any loss of power or loss of time mechanic within the actual Volendrung from deaths. It seems to make sense that a power this great should be wielded by a worthy possessor, so if you aren't playing well would it penalize you?
Thanks for reading, interested to see what you all think.
| PC NA | ADAMANT
EP - Juleanos . Jules . Family Jules . Julary . Juliet . Joy
DC - Juri . Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu
Rest in Peace G ♥
& Yi ♥ Viva La Aristocracy