The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Windowed (Full Screen) - Full Screen Button Disabled - Unable to Play in Full Screen

Zicarius
Zicarius
✭✭
What is going on with the full screen issue on the Macs? There have been so many posts and threads about it but no response from ZOS?

Before mac users could use this option to enter full screen and then switch desktops (swiping with three fingers on the trackpad) in order to access another program such as discord. Similarly to how windows users could hit the windows key and tab.

This has not worked for months now. Mac users, including my self, only options now are to not play in full screen, or exit full screen every single time we want to change windows. Simply sending messages in discord makes the latter extremely irritating to the point it is not worth it at all to play in full screen.

Can we please have this issue addressed, fixed or at least acknowledged by ZOS that they are working on it? Playing ESO on my machine used to be seamless, but for months now it's been impossible to be fully immersed in the game.

GUILD LEADER OF MIRKWOOD FOREST!

Mirkwood Forest is a social guild that welcomes anyone regardless of level or experience! Find out more!

Mirkwood Forest's Recruitment Forum: Click here to visit our Recruitment Forum!
Mirkwood Forest's Website: Click here to visit our website!
Mirkwood Forest's Discord: Click here to join our Discord!
  • Allythesons
    This is a very frustrating issue for those who have guilds, or otherwise need to use other windows simultaneously.
    Edited by Allythesons on December 18, 2018 10:22PM
  • Gaelord_the_2nd
    Ive been complaining about this since it appeared. i bitched about it here, I sent in tickets, I submitted bug reports... to no avail. Its like they pretend not to understand what i say.
  • Zicarius
    Zicarius
    ✭✭
    Any news on this? I would really appreciate if ZOS would address this and let us know whats going on. I would like to play in windowed full screen, be able to use the button (green icon on mac windows) to go to full screen, and switch desktops again.

Mirkwood Forest is a social guild that welcomes anyone regardless of level or experience! Find out more!

• Gaelord_the_2nd
    Any news?
    Edited by Gaelord_the_2nd on January 11, 2019 4:05PM
  • Zicarius
    Zicarius
    ✭✭
    I understand things take time to fix, but this has been happening for many months now. Can we please get a response and acknowledge that is it being worked on?

• demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    No fix after today's patch. The main window on macOS is absolutely horrible.

Here's why I firmly suggest a .app rewrite:

1. For renaming "eso.app" to "The Elder Scrolls Online.app"
    2. For proper native UI elements support. Window elements (title, buttons, window edges) are blurry on 2x+ (retina).
    3. For Dark mode support (it's just a header but it makes all the difference imo, everyone has implemented it, even on demand)
    4. For active "maximise" and "close" buttons. Can't stress enough how enjoyable this makes the game.
    5. For fixed/improved keyboard and mouse control. (Disappearing or stock macOS cursor, white square cursor on 1x displays, keyboard invokes macOS special character menu on long presses, game keyboard hints display squares when game launched with unsupported input language enabled)
    6. For adding some app metadata (like being recognised as a game for folder naming and discord highlighting)

Hope this reaches some ears/whiteboards over there.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlexTardif
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all this (as well as other recent issues) I get the feeling that they don't have (and haven't for some time) a full time macOS developer. This feels more like a "you touch it, you own it" kind of thing that no one wants to go near. Poor Alex just seems to be the latest to have to touch it (he's a graphics guy, not a Mac guy)...
  • Zicarius
    Zicarius
    ✭✭
    Ugg. At least some improvements with crashing but would really like to see this addressed. I cant imagine this is much to address.

Yeah agreed doesn't seem like they have a macOS developer.

• LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I played on the Mac for 45 min and no crashing. Unfortunately full screen mode does not play nicely with my PS4 controller (some buttons don't work). Though the PS4 controller works better in Windowed Fullscreen I just can't stand looking at the menu bar at the top.