The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is it poor taste to ping or actually duel a "scrub" or a much lower level toon?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You REALLY like calling low level players scrubs dont you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m max cp, August palatine or something. If I wear a PvE title I’ll get challenged by really low level toons obviously running all their cp and cheesed up builds expecting me to be in divines or something, counting on the scaling.

I run speed pots and immovables on clowns like that.
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about CP or level or whatever. If someone is standing around in a dueling area, I'll pretty much go around and challenge everyone there at least once. If they don't want to duel me, they can decline. If they don't want to duel at all, I mean that's fine too but it seems weird to go afk in an area with so many people obviously dueling.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't ask someone to Duell, where I can predict a sure.
    But I generally hardly ever Duell.
    Sometimes I get invites by a lowbies, who is pretty much a 2-shot then
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You REALLY like calling low level players scrubs dont you.
    Did an random normal during the undaunted event got FG1, this on cp810, others was below lvl 30.
    rotations, skip at waterfall, an real tank: yes the others had plenty of cp too :)

And you can make twitch builds, they will work better now with crafted jewelry.
    Because how battle leveling work its assumed an low level character has bad gear no cp and is very inexperienced.
    That might not be the situation, an high cp but low level player with enough skillpoints and good gear is very strong.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. ...and duel spam is exactly what I dread when taking a brand new toon into any city before I've remembered that the auto- decline setting isn't account-wide.

Gods, I really hate dueling :p
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    Yes. ...and duel spam is exactly what I dread when taking a brand new toon into any city before I've remembered that the auto- decline setting isn't account-wide.

Yeah.... after I realized most of the settings are per character only (what a STUPID way of doing it) guess what the very first thing I do on a new girl is?
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Yeah.... after I realized most of the settings are per character only (what a STUPID way of doing it) guess what the very first thing I do on a new girl is?

I still forget. ALL the time. Note to self: log into my poor new Orc and turn it off ASAP, because apoarently the main crrafting area in Daggerfall is also considered a "dueling area." Barf :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still forget. ALL the time. Note to self: log into my poor new Orc and turn it off ASAP, because apoarently the main crrafting area in Daggerfall is also considered a "dueling area." Barf :D

Can't be worse than Vivec..... good LORD. That's really the only thing I hate about Vivec City. For crafting plus bank plus stablemaster - it's a really good circle. But the dueling..... *SIGH*
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't be worse than Vivec..... good LORD. That's really the only thing I hate about Vivec City. For crafting plus bank plus stablemaster - it's a really good circle. But the dueling..... *SIGH*

I haven't spent much time in Vivec-- the crafting area's so ugly!-- so I can't say much about it. When I was doing the expansion, I'd just get in and get out ASAP because it was also kind of crowded and claustraphobic. I don't remember much dueling, but my play hours aren't typical.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that its that bad.

I ping people with pms saying random ***. That might be more annoying.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Balamoor wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe you should reevaluate other things like your need to call other players derogatory names, or to over complicate what boils down to a button mash?

Anyway it is a possible look behind the mind of the player that keeps spam dueling request me while Screaming coward and Off color comments about my mom, while I'm trying to craft Armor....so thanks for that.
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure scrub is an insult - meant to imply someone who is acting like a brand new player even though they should know better, or simply a bad player in general.

It seems a bit odd to insult someone while worrying about whether it's polite to challenge them.

@Balamoor, @Danikat, oh.. I see how the term can be taken out of contexts, or someone could use that not so positively. Didn't meant the scrub thing to be derogatory or an insult on here, though. Merely, it is ESO jargon/language. To me.. a scrub is merely another term for a new, lower level or "lowbie" toon that haven't acquired the good skills, weapons or equipment yet. Similar to a brand new player who is not yet experienced would be referred to as a "noob." I've been a scrub and call myself that all eight times, after creating a new toon. Ha ha.

A scrub is a lowlife. A sponge, asking for free sh*t, not doing any work. They use people and never say Thank You.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't spent much time in Vivec-- the crafting area's so ugly!-- so I can't say much about it. When I was doing the expansion, I'd just get in and get out ASAP because it was also kind of crowded and claustraphobic. I don't remember much dueling, but my play hours aren't typical.

I have "selective blindness" set ON. Because I want to craft and gitterdone - and Vivec is the best for that. Once I'm done on 18 girls, I go somewhere else for sure. Though for the last few days, it's been a nice gentle rain there with only some background thunder-rumbles. Unlike the really serious "GOD IS NOT HAPPY" thunder....
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    I denied a duel against a Lvl 6 and he called me a p*ssy and started waving his sword around me lmfao, was pretty adorable tbh.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying to get the title for winning 100 I guess...

I find it more entertaining to duel unwitting guild mates after a dungeon when I get a drop they want. Challenge them to a duel instead of trade and the are so eager to accept they don't pay attention to which invite they just got...

Playing since beta...