Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toxic community?

• Moomins
    Moomins
    ✭✭✭
    I have played ESO since beta on the EU server. I have only ever had one instance of nasty behavior directed at me once, and that was as part of a group in a dungeon in 2015 where I was berated with lots of swearing for running a templar tank. That put me off of running group dungeons with anyone outside of the guilds I am in- so I don't often bother with them unless I happen to be available when a group dungeon run is happening. I hardly ever read zone chat so I can't really comment on that, but wherever I have gone, I have found people to be nice, willing to help in a fight, easy to team up with casually for world bosses, public dungeon bosses etc. Never had a problem in PVP, always found people to join in with there too. I have three CP almost max to max CPS (Templar tank, Dragonknight tank, and Nightblade DPS - can't remember their actual CP, would have to look and the server is down for maintenance LOL) characters and another three (Sorc DPS, Templar healer and Warden tank) leveling.

Compared to how EVE online was back in the day, ESO is Hello Kitty vanilla with sprinkles on top. As for ZOS, at least they don't make videos telling players to harden the **** up, and actively encourage trolling which happened with CCP who own EVE online, resulting in the rise of the Mitanni and the Goonswarm, finally culminating in certain players aggressively encouraging an online suicide attempt whilst management turned a blind eye. But that was then, and this is now, EVE online and CCP apparently cleaned up its act, and ESO is nowhere near as toxic as that, and tbh, I strongly doubt that it ever will be. But then that's just my experience and opinion :)
    Edited by Moomins on July 25, 2018 7:14AM
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
    M'aiq the Liar
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You serious? You must not PVP too often on PS4. A lot of the players are *** talkers. Watch any of the big name PVPers on PS4 on Youtube and they are huge *** talkers it's ridiculous. One guy even went so far as to say to me "aren't you ugly in real life?". One guy got mad at my boyfriend in Cyrodiil that he messaged me and told me my boyfriend was cheating on me with another girl on Snapchat which my boyfriend doesn't even use that app and doesn't even know how to use it. I use it but he doesn't. Now the guy is telling people in Cyrodiil and youtube that my boyfriend is the only stupid guy to be dating an unloyal girlfriend like me.

Like seriously. This is all from the PVP community. A lot of *** talking D-bags.

Edit: And not to mention the couple in Cyrodiil who were harassed by other players where other players were making inappropriate guild names towards the wife and claimed keeps with the guild so others could see it. They even talk about nudes of girl players and willing to share it with anyone who asks. When my guild masters ex passed away, players were going after him with a lot of stupid and inappropriate things. He doesn't play much anymore.

PVP is worse than the elitists in PVE. By far. Especially PVP players on PS4 NA server. Very few frequent PVPers I respect.

None of that is acceptable but my I have a sinking feeling that you’re not the easiest person to get along with and likely aren’t totally innocent.

If you run into one jerk during your day then you ran into a jerk. If you are constantly running into jerks all day long then you should probably look in the mirror.
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE Not totally innocent? May I ask how you came to that conclusion? I am very intrigued seeing as you don't know the full situation at hand. Most of the examples I gave are what I witnessed happen to others. Only two were examples that happened to me in a span of 3 years. That is less than one a year,

- “a lot of players are #### talkers”

No more than other games.

- Someone called you ugly for literally no reason? Really? Sure there was no reason? None?
    - Someone decided to take the time to develop a whole snap chat drama story for no reason? None?
    - An isolated incident means that “all the PvP community” are “#### talking d-bags”? Really, everyone?

Hey, maybe I’m wrong and you’re an angel who people have picked on for literally no reason because you won the unlucky lottery. Or ... maybe ... just maybe ... you have a horrible attitude and bring stuff like this upon yourself?

I’ve been playing this game for like 5 years now. The only people this stuff happens to more than once in a blue moon is to people lacking in social skills.

@THEDKEXPERIENCE Naw. The guy who called me ugly was AFK right next to his keep (that was just flagged may I add). He's known for sending hate messages to people, including my boyfriend, so I killed him and bagged him since he has done the same to me. He's so notorious that people on Facebook share their stories of him. He got mad and sent me a hate message and all I said that was if you go AFK, at least go in stealth first and for someone who is in PVP all day, he should know better. If you do a noob mistake and you die, you deserve it. I will acknowledge when I deserve to be killed and bagged. I move on. heck, my boyfriend will even tell me I deserve it. I don't send hate messages. So I said don't be a noob and he said "aren't you ugly in real life". I go from telling him the mistake he made in an unforgiving PVP world in a video game to him personally attacking my appearance.

You know what I would have done if it was reversed? I would have res'ed at the closest keep and kept fighting. But he has such a big ego it's ridiculous. And most players who are AFK, I bash them first to see if they are there or lagged out. If you bag me or kill me when I am AFK, I will do the same. I never bag unless you done it to me, or a guess clam slam is the female version.

Your thoughts? Did I deserve to be called ugly? I am curious to know.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on July 25, 2018 1:58PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Minyassa wrote: »
      This whole exchange is another example of why people think the community is toxic. People jumping to conclusions, people ostriching about how crappy people can just randomly be because they either have never encountered it themselves and can't comprehend others having different life experiences, or they just don't WANT to believe that someone could actually randomly go out of their way to attack someone because that messes with their view that the world is live-and-let-live. This is the sort of thing that contributes to the overall impression that most players simply don't care about other people.
      Some people in PVP really get triggered by some things you do. Thus is why we see a lot of complaining in the forums. Some will also take it out in a form of a hate message to the person who did it or want to get under the other persons skin to get a reaction. I bet snipe spammers get a lot of hate messages. I bet shield stacking Sorcs do. Gankers do, my boyfriend I were gank partners and we received hate messages. Literally, all you have to do is kill someone or bag someone and you'll get a message by someone eventually. It's the PVP life, especially on PS4.
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • THEDKEXPERIENCE
        THEDKEXPERIENCE
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        You serious? You must not PVP too often on PS4. A lot of the players are *** talkers. Watch any of the big name PVPers on PS4 on Youtube and they are huge *** talkers it's ridiculous. One guy even went so far as to say to me "aren't you ugly in real life?". One guy got mad at my boyfriend in Cyrodiil that he messaged me and told me my boyfriend was cheating on me with another girl on Snapchat which my boyfriend doesn't even use that app and doesn't even know how to use it. I use it but he doesn't. Now the guy is telling people in Cyrodiil and youtube that my boyfriend is the only stupid guy to be dating an unloyal girlfriend like me.

Like seriously. This is all from the PVP community. A lot of *** talking D-bags.

Edit: And not to mention the couple in Cyrodiil who were harassed by other players where other players were making inappropriate guild names towards the wife and claimed keeps with the guild so others could see it. They even talk about nudes of girl players and willing to share it with anyone who asks. When my guild masters ex passed away, players were going after him with a lot of stupid and inappropriate things. He doesn't play much anymore.

PVP is worse than the elitists in PVE. By far. Especially PVP players on PS4 NA server. Very few frequent PVPers I respect.

None of that is acceptable but my I have a sinking feeling that you’re not the easiest person to get along with and likely aren’t totally innocent.

If you run into one jerk during your day then you ran into a jerk. If you are constantly running into jerks all day long then you should probably look in the mirror.
        @THEDKEXPERIENCE Not totally innocent? May I ask how you came to that conclusion? I am very intrigued seeing as you don't know the full situation at hand. Most of the examples I gave are what I witnessed happen to others. Only two were examples that happened to me in a span of 3 years. That is less than one a year,

- Someone called you ugly for literally no reason? Really? Sure there was no reason? None?
        - Someone decided to take the time to develop a whole snap chat drama story for no reason? None?
        - An isolated incident means that “all the PvP community” are “#### talking d-bags”? Really, everyone?

Hey, maybe I’m wrong and you’re an angel who people have picked on for literally no reason because you won the unlucky lottery. Or ... maybe ... just maybe ... you have a horrible attitude and bring stuff like this upon yourself?

I’ve been playing this game for like 5 years now. The only people this stuff happens to more than once in a blue moon is to people lacking in social skills.

@THEDKEXPERIENCE Naw. The guy who called me ugly was AFK right next to his keep (that was just flagged may I add). He's known for sending hate messages to people, including my boyfriend, so I killed him and bagged him since he has done the same to me. He's so notorious that people on Facebook share their stories of him. He got mad and sent me a hate message and all I said that was if you go AFK, at least go in stealth first and for someone who is in PVP all day, he should know better. If you do a noob mistake and you die, you deserve it. I will acknowledge when I deserve to be killed and bagged. I move on. heck, my boyfriend will even tell me I deserve it. I don't send hate messages. So I said don't be a noob and he said "aren't you ugly in real life". I go from telling him the mistake he made in an unforgiving PVP world in a video game to him personally attacking my appearance. You know what I would have done if it was reversed? I would have res'ed at the closest keep and kept fighting. But he has such a big ego it's ridiculous. And most players who are AFK, I bash them first to see if they are there or lagged out. If you bag me or kill me when I am AFK, I will do the same. I never bag unless you done it to me.

Your thoughts? I am curious to know.

Thanks for your response and sorry if my tone was bad.

That said, while the retaliation for your tea bagging and “don’t be a noob” comment was over the top, disgusting and unwarranted, I seem to be correct that some of the bad behavior was in effect asked for. You knew he was likely to be triggered by the “Facebook stories” yet still poked the bear.

There are and always will be awful people. If those of us who do our best to not be awful taunt those who are we should not be surprised when their responses go way past the realm of normalcy.

Overall a significant majority of people in ESO are fun, friendly and reasonable. Your original post painted the whole group with a broad brush which is what I took issue with.

Anyway thank you for your reasonable response, and sorry if I came off badly. For everyone else - especially those who came at me for victim shaming - there is ALWAYS two sides to a story. I very much appreciate that the OP took the time to admit that this behavior was not out of the blue but rather an innocent joke or two gone array due to the over the top response.
      • THEDKEXPERIENCE
        THEDKEXPERIENCE
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Minyassa wrote: »
        This whole exchange is another example of why people think the community is toxic. People jumping to conclusions, people ostriching about how crappy people can just randomly be because they either have never encountered it themselves and can't comprehend others having different life experiences, or they just don't WANT to believe that someone could actually randomly go out of their way to attack someone because that messes with their view that the world is live-and-let-live. This is the sort of thing that contributes to the overall impression that most players simply don't care about other people.
        Some people in PVP really get triggered by some things you do. Thus is why we see a lot of complaining in the forums. Some will also take it out in a form of a hate message to the person who did it or want to get under the other persons skin to get a reaction. I bet snipe spammers get a lot of hate messages. I bet shield stacking Sorcs do. Gankers do, my boyfriend I were gank partners and we received hate messages. Literally, all you have to do is kill someone or bag someone and you'll get a message by someone eventually. It's the PVP life, especially on PS4.

I used to be a relentless bagger. It’s funny to me and always will be. This forum was what actually got me to stop doing it. I had no idea that anyone thought it was anything other than funny until I ended up here.

Long story short I’ve had to realize that stuff that’s funny to me isn’t to some others. If you had bagged me I just would have laughed for example.
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭

@THEDKEXPERIENCE Naw. The guy who called me ugly was AFK right next to his keep (that was just flagged may I add). He's known for sending hate messages to people, including my boyfriend, so I killed him and bagged him since he has done the same to me. He's so notorious that people on Facebook share their stories of him. He got mad and sent me a hate message and all I said that was if you go AFK, at least go in stealth first and for someone who is in PVP all day, he should know better. If you do a noob mistake and you die, you deserve it. I will acknowledge when I deserve to be killed and bagged. I move on. heck, my boyfriend will even tell me I deserve it. I don't send hate messages. So I said don't be a noob and he said "aren't you ugly in real life". I go from telling him the mistake he made in an unforgiving PVP world in a video game to him personally attacking my appearance. You know what I would have done if it was reversed? I would have res'ed at the closest keep and kept fighting. But he has such a big ego it's ridiculous. And most players who are AFK, I bash them first to see if they are there or lagged out. If you bag me or kill me when I am AFK, I will do the same. I never bag unless you done it to me.

That said, while the retaliation for your tea bagging and “don’t be a noob” comment was over the top, disgusting and unwarranted, I seem to be correct that some of the bad behavior was in effect asked for. You knew he was likely to be triggered by the “Facebook stories” yet still poked the bear.

There are and always will be awful people. If those of us who do our best to not be awful taunt those who are we should not be surprised when their responses go way past the realm of normalcy.

Overall a significant majority of people in ESO are fun, friendly and reasonable. Your original post painted the whole group with a broad brush which is what I took issue with.

Anyway thank you for your reasonable response, and sorry if I came off badly. For everyone else - especially those who came at me for victim shaming - there is ALWAYS two sides to a story. I very much appreciate that the OP took the time to admit that this behavior was not out of the blue but rather an innocent joke or two gone array due to the over the top response.
        @THEDKEXPERIENCE No problem. I instigated it that day because he done it to me so I did it back. Although I readily accept hate messages as far as ESO, calling me a proc scrub or a bad ganker or whatever, taking a stab at someone personally in appearance is a low hit. In my opinion. But I have came across many people who are triggered by many things. I myself have learned to step away before I get mad. I even leave Cyrodiil at times because I become overwhelmed. And when people play telephone, rumors become obsolete but people don't take it as that. I judge based on my personal experience and what I witness. There are two sides to a story indeed and what my original comment was was based on unwarranted hate or someone taking it too far. If I deserved the hate, I wouldn't have mentioned it because I deserve it. :)

Edit: I also was quick to comment on this post because I seen what people have done, even going as far as DDoSing someones router because of a PVP feud. PVP has a lot of haters but plenty and plenty of great players.
        Edited by Kuramas9tails on July 25, 2018 2:26PM
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • THEDKEXPERIENCE
          THEDKEXPERIENCE
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭

@THEDKEXPERIENCE No problem. I instigated it that day because he done it to me so I did it back. Although I readily accept hate messages as far as ESO, calling me a proc scrub or a bad ganker or whatever, taking a stab at someone personally in appearance is a low hit. In my opinion. But I have came across many people who are triggered by many things. I myself have learned to step away before I get mad. I even leave Cyrodiil at times because I become overwhelmed. And when people play telephone, rumors become obsolete but people don't take it as that. I judge based on my personal experience and what I witness. There are two sides to a story indeed and what my original comment was was based on unwarranted hate or someone taking it too far. If I deserved the hate, I wouldn't have mentioned it because I deserve it. :)

:)
        • Shadyboss420
          Shadyboss420
          ✭✭
          I do the argonian on bodies after i bag them in pvp lol
        • Commando414
          The community I experienced on Xbox NA is that the community is toxic, cancerous, and full of Elitists, racists, fascists, sexists, ignorant, obnoxious, moronic sub-species of human gamers. Not to mention, the scammers during trading. They make the game a lot harder for me to play ESO to do dungeons, trials, quests, and builds. Zenimax should do something about it, like have Zenimax employees monitor the game chat and zones like Riften and Vukhel Guard.
        • Finviuswe
          Finviuswe
          ✭✭✭✭
          The problem isn't "PVE elitist" or whatever your type of thinking would describe it as

PVE elitists are people who are proven to be better at the game than you, and who actively move the community forward through endeavours such as leaderboard runs, and the like. They're the opposite of toxic, through most interpretations.

Do you know what a toxic community even is like?
          Edited by Finviuswe on January 12, 2019 3:51AM
        • DragonBound
          DragonBound
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          This was coming up constantly a few years ago when I played before, eso is so popular your going to have a wide mix of people, there is not allot of decent mmos out.
        • Mr_Walker
          Mr_Walker
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          Lathrop3 wrote: »
          The toxicity comes from the savages who play the game who act out savage tendencies in the game

The problem isn't "PVE elitist" or whatever your type of thinking would describe it as.

PVE elitists are people who are proven to be better at the game than you, and who actively move the community forward through endeavours such as leaderboard runs, and the like. They're the opposite of toxic, through most interpretations.

Lol. That's what you're sticking with?
        • Finviuswe
          Finviuswe
          ✭✭✭✭
          Mr_Walker wrote: »
          The toxicity comes from the savages who play the game who act out savage tendencies in the game

The problem isn't "PVE elitist" or whatever your type of thinking would describe it as.

Lol. That's what you're sticking with?

Sometimes, it is necessary to change ones view due to circumstances, for example, I was originally against spell-crafting because I thought it would impede and possibly ruin competitive play.

But now I think the game is at a point where it could be interesting, so I now am in favour of experimentation/testing involving spell-crafting. The additional option involving customization is worth the possible impact it would have on competitive play, but in all honesty, I think it is possible to implement it without greatly affecting the competitive side of the game.

In sum, positions change or opinions can change.

However, pertaining to what I said earlier, yes I am sticking to that the PVE end-game community isn't causing any problems at all in the game, and to my knowledge, never have to any significant extent.

I personally strongly support competitive play, and believe the end game PVE community actually needs far more "bones" tossed in their way.

• Valykc
          Valykc
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          From what I’ve seen PS4 has some toxic players, there are some on PC but it doesn’t seem nearly as bad
          Edited by Valykc on January 12, 2019 2:03AM
        • Commando414

Not all players are toxic though. But I tried to get better gear so I can be useful in trials and dungeons, but everytime I join, I get kicked because of my champion level. I'm probably about over 700, but I keep getting kicked because I don't have the "correct" builds. I kept going to Alcast HQ for build tips for my stamina templar, and for me, it's almost impossible to get the Maelstrom bow because I have to do it on Vet and doing Vet on my own is not my thing. Call me a player who sucks, what ever, I just wish there's an easier way of getting the bow. I've been farming, grinding, and getting the research ingredients up and running and it has been slow. I've quit the game after that. It's been about less than two years and the only thing that caught my attention of playing ESO again is the rumors of Dragons coming to the game. Live Dragons. And I would of been eager to fight the dragon, if ONLY the community changes. If only people were so damn helpful, responsive, and patient, I would have been able to do those activities like vet dungeons and trials. I just want to play the game to have fun, not waste my energy finding people to either join my group or have them invite me to their group, only for them to kick me because of my weak DPS which I tried so hard to work on, but the leveling is slow and a lot of people think that elitists know everything when in fact they know nothing. They're just a lot of ignorant people that think they know everything or they think they are pros. Elitist will watch people like Deltia or Sypherpk or Alcast and when someone in game does something different then they do then the elitist thinks that person sucks, they won't listen to reason. People have been told to kill themselves multiple times in my perspective and it's just spreading like a cancer, the elitist community. If I go back to ESO today, I'm not sure if the community has changed or not, I just feel hesitant to rejoin the game.
        • WaltherCarraway
          WaltherCarraway
          ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE elitists are people who are proven to be better at the predictable AI mechanics than you, and who actively move the community forward through endeavours such as leaderboard runs, and the like. They're the opposite of toxic, through most interpretations.

fixed that for you
          Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
        • Viscous119
          Viscous119
          ✭✭✭
          SHADOW2KK wrote: »
          Try playing Eve Online for a toxic community

^^ This ALL DAY.
        • D0PAMINE
          D0PAMINE
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          I wish I were made out of Polonium-210 so I could be toxic.
        • Mr_Walker
          Mr_Walker
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭

PVE elitists are people who are proven to be better at the predictable AI mechanics than you, and who actively move the community forward through endeavours such as leaderboard runs, and the like. They're the opposite of toxic, through most interpretations.

fixed that for you

Not like the incredibly wide range of "skills" you see in those Cryodiil death recaps, right? Ranging all the way from Steel Tornado, to dawnbreaker, to Snipe, to... Steel Tornado.
        • Vuldovahkriid
          Vuldovahkriid
          ✭✭✭
          Peekachu99 wrote: »
          Tbagging is an epidemic on console. Other than that the community is okay.

I personally don't do the normal "teabagging", I like to employ the TeaTime emote. The Gentlemen's Teabag lol
          Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
        • Tasear
          Tasear
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Here I was reading a fiction novel and it hits me on eso is doing okay. We do have our sub-communities, and some people just want to see world and it's people burn no matter where you go. I think though what makes the real difference is exposure between the sub-communities. Not keeping things stagnant will help get toxicity in balance. People don't like change, but without change every so often they will become even more hostile to it. I am not sure if what I said made enough sense, but what I am saying yes we have toxicity, but there is a balance in favor of more friendly environment with eso.
        • Raudgrani
          Raudgrani
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ZOS really should make it possible to report what people write easier. I don't really feel like going through that procedure. I can take quite a lot of bad mouthing, but some people are just really, really mean an outright evil - and needs to be taken out of the game, or at least have a formal warning from ZOS. There's a lot of bully mentality, and "Your nan" kind of endless fights in chats, and sadly enough I think it might just reflect the way kids are today. But it's still not ok

There was this guy on the Xbox EU server that was assaulted and killed "IRL". He was a quite well known PVP player, and the way people were going on when they found out - absolutely disgusting. Applauding not only the death of him, but saying they hoped for someone to stab his children, his wife (and in-game friends) to death as well - and so on, and so on. Pure filth.
          Of course we also have these people ONLY trying to provoke, who writes obnoxious racist crap and what not in chat. I'm not really bothered by that myself (though actually been "victim" of that too, some Germans thought I was non-white and started their racist bullying - I could but laugh) but you can see a lot of people getting triggered and it's really, really annoying in the long run.

Then we have the "elite bullying" too, of course. That's also just sad. From last night:
          Went into March of Sacrifice (normal) with finder to get jewelry. Two of they guys went to Fungal Grotto right at the start, and wrote "Go to Fungal I, now". Me and the other guy was like "No? We went here specifically", and they refused to leave group. The other two guys were laughing as the other guy who was with me died a couple of times, saying how completely useless he was etc. They wrote really mean and degrading things.
          Anyway, eventually the two other guys left - an AD guy I recognize from Cyrodiil came in on a magblade (fake healer, for which he apologized), so we were suddenly three Nightblades and we finished it in no time on three DPS; and I had one of the rings I was looking for. A fun and friendly experience, once those two a-holes left.

I've always had a problem to understand how some people thrive out of making other people feel sad.
        • barney2525
          barney2525
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          Cyradil. Definitely rotten toxic. Never been there until this event (which imho sux by the way. they advertise we can get tickets by doing town quests, but there are NO towns that are not controlled by the enemy. Hence - No Ticket For You)

Had no idea what the transitus wayshrines were. Popped in at the West gate and need to be at the East gate. Standard wayshrine wont get me there. Tried riding and was blocked by mountains. Got on Chat and asked why wayshrines didnt work (maybe was a little harsh 8) ). All I got was Noob insults. Then someone mentioned Transitus shrines. I asked what that was.

Crickets

And people wonder why I dont PvP.
        • Finviuswe
          Finviuswe
          ✭✭✭✭
          barney2525 wrote: »
          Cyradil. Definitely rotten toxic. Never been there until this event (which imho sux by the way. they advertise we can get tickets by doing town quests, but there are NO towns that are not controlled by the enemy. Hence - No Ticket For You)

Had no idea what the transitus wayshrines were. Popped in at the West gate and need to be at the East gate. Standard wayshrine wont get me there. Tried riding and was blocked by mountains. Got on Chat and asked why wayshrines didnt work (maybe was a little harsh 8) ). All I got was Noob insults. Then someone mentioned Transitus shrines. I asked what that was.

Crickets

And people wonder why I dont PvP.

That's about what you can expect in PvP because a lot of people have been playing for a long time, so, thus are reluctant to help new players.

Also there is the argument that you could've merely googled your question, and so didn't need to ask it in chat.

Still, you'd think someone would at least whisper you an answer pertaining to the transitus system, not like it would take very long to explain
        • witchdoctor
          witchdoctor
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          IIRC correctly, the intro quests in Cyro explain the system too.
        • Perwulf
          Perwulf
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Ofc, there will always be that one whom is a snowflake.
          "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
        • wolf486
          wolf486
          ✭✭✭✭
          On PC NA I occasionally see a random person trying to egg people on in zone chat by bringing real world politics into things (usually always in Mournhold), haven't seen anyone take the bait however. The block/ignore button is helpful. Battlegrounds is about the only place I see toxic attitudes. I've seen plenty of "kys scrub" comments directed at new players there.
          PC/NA
          Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
          (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
          (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
        • FlyingSwan
          FlyingSwan
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          This is one of the few games where I've experienced zero toxicity, and only mild doofusness. I've been playing since release and certainly PC EU is a brilliant crowd.

Was this necro'd in honour of the new skill line/class?
          Edited by FlyingSwan on January 12, 2019 12:37PM
        • tamrielwinner
          tamrielwinner
          ✭✭✭
          you'll find both here
        • Tandor
          Tandor
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Walman wrote: »
          ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
          We have removed some posts in this thread that were hostile and disruptive. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.

There's yur answer!

It sure is!

Some posts have been removed, but the topic hasn't been locked or deleted and so far as we know no posters have been kicked from the forum as a result. The answer is indeed that the community (on the forum at least) isn't that toxic! As for in the game, well what does anyone expect from PvP or highly competitive PvE elements, those are the only areas where the community is other than extremely friendly and helpful.

This community is far, far, friendlier than many I've encountered over the years. That said, this particular forum has gone a tad downhill recently in my view not because of toxicity towards each other, but rather because of a rather silly and childish attitude towards ZOS along the line of "ZO$ won't be interested in fixing any problems if they don't relate to the Crown Store". The standard of most "polls" is also terrible, but those things apart the forum is just fine, as good as any and better than some.