Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who/what should I sacrifice to the RNG to get my drop?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've been playing this game since May of 2017. I've been actively trying to get a Selene shoulder from blankety-bleeping Redbeard's chest since about October 2017. NOT ONE SINGLE DROP. Not even in an undesirable weight. I mean, I got my non-desirable weight helm and adjusted everything else because both times I've run it for helms, not one single person in the group got the weight I wanted, so I gave up on that. But every single one of my toons that does pledges, I've opened that one chest to try to get the shoulder. Every Undaunted key I got from an event chest, I've used to open that chest to try to get my Selene shoulder. It's to the point where I have to keep reminding myself that RNG can and will do that and it doesn't necessarily mean it's bugged, but...ye gods. What would you do to try to jostle the RNG into giving the dang drop already? Does it want my firstborn? Who do I have to smooch? Aaaahhhh!!!!

Edited by Minyassa on January 12, 2019 12:44AM
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you may of tried this..and I'm sure it probably don't make much of a difference..but what rarely seems to do the trick for me is..if I'm looking for something stamina based..I farm it on a magic toon..and if I'm looking for something magic based..I farm it on a stamina toon..probably don't make a lick of difference but it's a superstitious technique I'll use when desperately trying to play the rng game...
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as new as I am to this game.... I've also found that to be true;. Whacked.... but true.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does rng stand for? Asking for a friend.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    It means Really Never Gets.😜
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    What does rng stand for? Asking for a friend.

Random Number Generator....

Min.... I don't know what to tell you. I actually have really good luck with crates. REALLY good luck (ZOS will be gnashing teeth over my luck for the next - I dunno - decade maybe). I don't have very good luck with drops - unless I am running on a "not the right toon" girl. I do LOVE that you can get drops that aren't optimal for the girl that gets them, but will work for another girl....
  • sp0ck
    sp0ck
    Soul Shriven
    You need to pray to RNGesus, and say 10 hail sithuses before bed
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You equip your pet goat for sacrificing to RNGesus
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have been trying for over a year - PVP and buy it with AP on the Golden.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That requires it to be on Golden!

At this point I would sacrifice my kids...… they are all adult and apparently think home is where to live...…. I would happily sacrifice them!! >:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sp0ck wrote: »
    You need to pray to RNGesus, and say 10 hail sithuses before bed
    You equip your pet goat for sacrificing to RNGesus

That doesn't work. Try sacrificing to LOOTsifer.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    casting of lots is in the hands of the LORD.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's math to but instead of openings one at a time open a stored amount of keys. I gotten anything I needed this and things I may never need.
    Edited by Tasear on January 12, 2019 5:36AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a character that is NOT built for that set open the chest.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

That requires it to be on Golden!

At this point I would sacrifice my kids...… they are all adult and apparently think home is where to live...…. I would happily sacrifice them!! >:)

True. But it appears pretty frequently.

A quick look at page 1 alone of BowD's the record shows Jul, Jun, and Jan 2018, and Nov and Sep 2017.

Having AP in the bank it would let you buy it next time it cycles through.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I've been playing this game since May of 2017. I've been actively trying to get a Selene shoulder from blankety-bleeping Redbeard's chest since about October 2017. NOT ONE SINGLE DROP. Not even in an undesirable weight. I mean, I got my non-desirable weight helm and adjusted everything else because both times I've run it for helms, not one single person in the group got the weight I wanted, so I gave up on that. But every single one of my toons that does pledges, I've opened that one chest to try to get the shoulder. Every Undaunted key I got from an event chest, I've used to open that chest to try to get my Selene shoulder. It's to the point where I have to keep reminding myself that RNG can and will do that and it doesn't necessarily mean it's bugged, but...ye gods. What would you do to try to jostle the RNG into giving the dang drop already? Does it want my firstborn? Who do I have to smooch? Aaaahhhh!!!!

I thin I've deconned like 12 of those in the past week.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I did not realize that the Golden Vendor could have shoulders until after the last appearance in 2018 and I am kicking myself for that because apparently now it's never going to be there again since I found out about it. I'm sorry, anyone else who wanted it. I should never have told anyone I was going to watch for it there, they heard me.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

12 goat. 2 horse, 4 sheep and 7 virgin. And then rngod might consider your drop.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've given up on getting what I want from chests. I've wasted too many keys trying to get a Balrogh shoulder and only getting Kena...
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On average it takes around 100 keys to get the shoulder of the set u want. When FG1 pledge is up, grab it on as many tons as u have and than grind them off until its up again. (next ups: 1/12; 1/24; 2/5; 2/17).

Make sure u r dumping them in the right chest.

_nh8uf1oTT0.jpghttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/295102/which-undaunted-chest-gives-me-which-reward