The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Size of Elsweyr

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    The best content they ever produced was Orsinium.

I'm not as concerned with land mass as content. I just hope it's not full of virtue signaling tropes as Summerset and Clockwork city was.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    I hope it's Orsinium sized.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    potato
    Based on the map and the location/shape of Elsweyr, I'd assume it's going to be one big map, maybe with a small island or subportion for dungeon or trial dlcs. Who knows though?

latest?cb=20080601152554
    Edited by p00tx on January 11, 2019 7:07PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • SomeDogsAreCops
    SomeDogsAreCops
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its one zone, the same scale as Morrowind and Summerset
    idk wrote: »
    ESO does not need to have tiny zones like many games, FF14 comes to mind as a great example.

Besides, we have plenty of DLC zones that serve a good example of what we can and probably should expect in relation to the question.

FFXIV is terrible with that, ESO pushes it out a bit more and has some big areas but total openness is king. WOW is undefeated at least when it comes to world immersion.
    Ebonheart Pact 4L
    Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
    810 CP
    Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
    I also play
    Healplar
    Tankden
    MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    ESO does not need to have tiny zones like many games, FF14 comes to mind as a great example.

Besides, we have plenty of DLC zones that serve a good example of what we can and probably should expect in relation to the question.

FFXIV is terrible with that, ESO pushes it out a bit more and has some big areas but total openness is king. WOW is undefeated at least when it comes to world immersion.

Ever played Lotro? Has maybe an even better world immersion. No artificial barriers and a really giant open world. Plus Moria...

On the topic: Elsweyr looks as big as Summerset. You remember how "big" Summerset in game is, right?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bigger than hews bane while being half blocked by mountains with zos claiming their largest chapter to date
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we will get the whole of Elsweyr, we'll most likely get an area the size of Murkmire or Wrothgar and get the other bits later on. Its probably going to be the bit that says Tenmar on this map.

latest?cb=20171002023113&format=original

"Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Honestly after Vvardenfell and foremost Summerset being a lot smaller than they were intended to be I wouldn't hold my breath for an accurate size Elsweyr. I'd even say there will be more inaccessible than in Summerset.

Vvardenfell and Summerset are the two biggest zones in the game. Vvardenfell is the same size it was in TES III.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    potato
    It's not the size that counts :trollface:
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    I see a lot of people mentioning Orsinium. Wrothgar was actually significantly smaller than Vvardenfell and Summerset.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope I win the lottery...I don't care about your post.....
    Potato was funny but I would rather win the lottery. B)
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://gyazo.com/560dc42766f6021ecd9081617d0beb78

im guessing its gonna be like this
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it is a couple of zones with equal amount of content as a base game zone
    I'd rather have multiple Elsweyr zones, preferably released as separate DLC's over time. Look at how much of Elsweyr is remaining in the game right now. Theres no way they've managed to fill up that entire space for exploration. We're going to have mountainous ranges that block off certain areas of the map, because whats left of Elsweyr is bigger than the island of Summerset. How much of the Tenmar jungle will be explorable? What about the northern deserts of Anequina? Also, how many cities are we going to get in an Elsweyr chapter? Mainland Summerset has 6 cities in total, but only 3 of them were actual city like hubs, with one being a backdrop for a trial, one was the setting for a public dungeon, and one of them was basically a lighthouse. Whats up for the chopping block this time around?
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    ppl complain about almost everything, i dont htink i have ever seen a post complaining about to much content tho. please link if u know one.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    ppl complain about almost everything, i dont htink i have ever seen a post complaining about to much content tho. please link if u know one.

Apparently you've never been to the pvp forums eh?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    potato
    the entire chapter will be half of the size of Stros Mkai
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    potato
    Is this going to be another Chapter? I was under the impression that it wasn't, so that made me think "uuummmm, why would a DLC just like Murkmire be the same size as a Chapter?"
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      potato
      Honestly after Vvardenfell and foremost Summerset being a lot smaller than they were intended to be I wouldn't hold my breath for an accurate size Elsweyr. I'd even say there will be more inaccessible than in Summerset.

Vvardenfell and Summerset are the two biggest zones in the game. Vvardenfell is the same size it was in TES III.

This must be a joke lol. Comparing TES III Vvardenfell to ESO Vvardenfell, what a disgrace. The 5-10 hours of content ESO Morrowind offers compared to the several dozen hours TES Morrowind offers are... underwhelming at best.

I mean ESO Morrowind was done quite good, a lot better than Summerset (and I really enjoyed it). But I would never dare to compare it to TES III except for the art style, landscape or visuals (well you compared the size, so granted - I very much doubt it though, even it might be "technically" true, the entire scope of TES III was different).
      Edited by Seraphayel on January 12, 2019 5:57AM
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • SomeDogsAreCops
      SomeDogsAreCops
      ✭✭✭

Ever played Lotro? Has maybe an even better world immersion. No artificial barriers and a really giant open world. Plus Moria...

On the topic: Elsweyr looks as big as Summerset. You remember how "big" Summerset in game is, right?

Oh yes I did play LOTRO way back i honestly forgot it was true open world. I hope you heard they are making a brand new LOTR mmo!
      Ebonheart Pact 4L
      Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
      810 CP
      Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
      I also play
      Healplar
      Tankden
      MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
    • MartiniDaniels
      MartiniDaniels
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Care to provide any proof? I played TES3 recently, well, even with boots of blinding speed and jumping enchantments it still takes some time to get from city to city and cantons in Vivec are much larger then in ESO. ESO Morrowind is like toy version of original area with only areas anybody cares about are crafting stations, bank, HoF and WB for newbies.
    • MartiniDaniels
      MartiniDaniels
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The only chance Elsweyr will be something grand - if Bethesda is scared after FO76 fiasco and they are now filling map thoughtfully with lot of details and sense..
    • FinneganFroth
      FinneganFroth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      potato
      Whenever given the option for potato, it will ALWAYS be potato.
    • RapidUrsa
      RapidUrsa
      ✭✭✭✭
      I so badly wanted to potato but now your stuck with my opinion
      About Me
      Xbox One - EU
      Gamertag - RapidUrsa
      Overall CP - 500