The Size of Elsweyr

Chaos2088
Chaos2088
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey people on the forums.

So gunna try and keep this short and sweet. Do you think that the Elsweyr chapter will be a couple of zones? or one big zone...like Morrowind and Summerset (well + little one Artaeum)?

Since the leak and the massive(hard to miss/look whats coming) hint that we all got the other day, I've been wondering about what Elsweyr will look like in game. Looking at the world map, the country right next to it Valenwood is roughly the same size............so.....

Valenwood is split into three full zones in game with a thumb print of it in Reapers March. Looking at previous chapters in regards to overworld content, I have doubts, if Elsweyr were a whole land chunk it will match up to what we have in Valenwood, aka delves....world bosses, skyshards.

Not saying it has to match it 50/50, different country different things, but think will make my heart sink a little if the scaling was not quite right. I know the zone is done and dusted, ready for testing and shipping...all that jazz...just wanted to know what other players thought?
@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP

The Size of Elsweyr 176 votes

I hope its one zone, the same scale as Morrowind and Summerset
32%
WuffyCeruleixaraanZigoSidAimoraRazielSRSheezabeastDerNachtfalterAtallantaDarkheartDMuehlhausenOcean_Charlie9MrCray78Cillion3117RebornV3xAjintseAlboMaleficaMeesha1170Cloudless0lbertikusdeleted008293 57 votes
I hope it is a couple of zones with equal amount of content as a base game zone
23%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESOJD2013Danikatproteinexeeklhaftb16_ESOvrineAjaxandrielMashilleRobo_HoboRosenrotWolfSomewhereJhalinSasyksusmitdsWolfkeksNeoealthDiabolus1989Jacen_VeronJiKamaFroil 41 votes
I hope I win the lottery...I don't care about your post.....
13%
GlassHalfFulltspecherb14_ESOShadowHvomadeeh91rwb17_ESOxxthir13enxxEnemy-of-ColdharbourEirellaMettaricanaEasily_LostOFFL1MITMorgul667SydneyGreyThannazzarMcEwenBevikRPGplayer13579Vahlyancewolf486ll_RevStarlight_Knight 23 votes
potato
31%
saf227_ESOCireousXundiinMadyixieAlienSlofSotha_SilidkJoker99OmniDoMasterSpatulaWoelerG1CountdownManwithBeard9EdziuRuinhornjwjackson5674BouldercleaveLettigallFinneganFroth 55 votes
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Potato. Sorry.
    Every update has only been a single zone. I can't think of one that added multiple zones to the game. There were updates that affected multiple zones.
    I think it's safe to say it will be a single zone. But we'll find out in a few more days.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    I hope it could be atleast size like morrowind but would be great if bigger
    but as I think how summerest wasnt even big as morrowind (with avaible to enter area on map) but had less area to enter
    in worst cases I think elswyr could have lie or even smaller avaible to enter area than summerset as I see from really long how ZO$ is introducing every new zone :/
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be one zone similar in size to morrowind or summerset.
    There could be a smaller secondary zone like arteum, but I doubt elsywer will be a true multiple zone area.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality >>> Size
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    ESO does not need to have tiny zones like many games, FF14 comes to mind as a great example.

Besides, we have plenty of DLC zones that serve a good example of what we can and probably should expect in relation to the question.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it to be multiple zones but only because I would like multiple forms of outdoor content. One zone could be standard questing experience, another zone would be fully or partially PvP oriented, and a third zone focused on large group content similar to what Craglorn use to be.

But if it's just going to be standard questing experience with 2 dungeons and a Trial, then I don't see any point in making it more than one map.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be better for Elsweyr if it were split up in multiple zones, to give more focus on the smaller areas. It would likely mean less of the cities of Elsweyr would be destroyed, there would be more delves in Elsweyr total, etc. etc.

It'll still likely be a chapter with one full zone for it though unless the "four quarterly updates" for the story they were mentioning means that splitting it up would be the better option.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Of course it will be one zone. They don't have the resources to do more than that. Even as a single zone, both Vvardenfell and Summerset had large areas of the map with nothing going on.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 10, 2019 11:28PM
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's gonna be big. Impressive. Amazing. Astonishing.

And will have a gigantic mountain in the middle so we can't access 1/3rd of it :tongue:
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50% inaccessible mountains. 50% empty desert. 100% overpriced. 7% saturated cats.
    PS5 EU.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it has cool quests it doesn't bother me. I actually prefer it smaller in the long run, less riding for dailies.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Mashed.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    I woulnd't be surprised if they give us all of Elseweyr in one big chunk. I also wouldn't be surprised if they give us a big chunk of Elseweyr in a Chapter and save smaller parts of it (the Trans-Niben, for example) for DLC.

The zones are plainly not in scale to each other, so you can't just look at the map and guess. So who knows?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    They said this storyline will cover 2019 DLC. I’m expecting the expansion to be a big chunk of Elsweyr then they’ll realise 2 maybe even3 smaller DLCs (the size of Murkmire) based in Elsweyr to cover the rest. It’s a great business technique and it gives us a break from dungeon DLC which they probably make less money out of
    Edited by WildRaptorX on January 11, 2019 12:25AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    I would like it to be multiple zones but only because I would like multiple forms of outdoor content. One zone could be standard questing experience, another zone would be fully or partially PvP oriented, and a third zone focused on large group content similar to what Craglorn use to be.

But if it's just going to be standard questing experience with 2 dungeons and a Trial, then I don't see any point in making it more than one map.

It is highly doubtful Zos will create another mixed PvP/PvE zone. Further, it disrupts the story line if it gets abridged by a quasi PvP zone. After all, this is mostly a PvE game so we do not need forced PvP for just regularly stuff.

It would also look more like tiny FF zones and it is probably a good idea to let FF keep that identity.
    Edited by idk on January 11, 2019 12:17AM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anequina & Pellitine, two zones for the sake of lore
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every expansion - pardon, "chapter" - thus far, we've been hearing excuses that expansions - "chapters" - have to be tiny and filled with impassable mountains because of map limitations. Having more than one zone effectively removes these limitations and leaves no more excuses for laziness.

Yes, I said laziness. When something called "Dusk Keep" barely qualifies as a watchtower, and you can't even enter it... what it is if not laziness? :p
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't remember where I got this but it gives you an idea of the approximate size we should be getting.
    Edit: Seems my time wasted trying to even get a pic to show in the post has failed, I see it is too small...
    DfNjDEa_d.jpg
    Edited by SpiderKnight on January 11, 2019 1:09AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every expansion - pardon, "chapter" - thus far, we've been hearing excuses that expansions - "chapters" - have to be tiny and filled with impassable mountains because of map limitations. Having more than one zone effectively removes these limitations and leaves no more excuses for laziness.

Yes, I said laziness. When something called "Dusk Keep" barely qualifies as a watchtower, and you can't even enter it... what it is if not laziness? :p

Summerset was indeed the climax of laziness thus far. Dusk Keep was the biggest one. But simply walk through Alinor and behold the absence of detail and logic: Balconies with no logical access for NPCs to enter them (no doors that would allow NPCs to access them.) and different structures and textures put together without detail. Summerset was obviously done in a hurry without much love.

Your idea however is brilliant. Splitting zones would remove any excuse that they could bring. Yet I doubt that Elsweyr will be any better. I think ZoS is too busy developing their other projects. ESO is no longer the priority.
    Edited by Dracane on January 11, 2019 1:09AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Make it as good as Orsinium.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    @SpiderKnight dam I’d love to have the photo
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Honestly after Vvardenfell and foremost Summerset being a lot smaller than they were intended to be I wouldn't hold my breath for an accurate size Elsweyr. I'd even say there will be more inaccessible than in Summerset.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    Nercomancers, dragons, spell crafting and kitties too... I am just waiting to preorder it.
    Edited by Tasear on January 11, 2019 1:47AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well based on previous chapters, it will be about the size of a DLC with 1-3 huge inaccessible areas to pad the content and give it the appearance of size.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care about the size of the zone, I get to play a Necromancer!!!!!!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    potato
    I kind of hope for a biggish zone - they did hint at this story spreading over 4 quarters, so hopefully a biggish chapter, 2 smaller areas and a dungeon set - all Elsweyr themed.
    Edited by AlienSlof on January 11, 2019 12:49PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm....GIVE ME MY MONEEEEEEEEY!!!!!
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    @SpiderKnight dam I’d love to have the photo

Sorry forgot to try and edit that post, but here's the link. I'm on mobile so I have issues posting photos, the image tool here hasn't been working correctly lately.

http://imgur.com/a/S8L3qHW
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potato
    I would expect it to be like the other chapters and just be one large Map. Which is fine with me!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they'd give us multiple maps in 1 release, or all of Elsweyr in one huge map.

I'm not expecting the chapter to cover the entire province. I think we'll get a large chunk of it and then hopefully the rest will come in future updates. (Not necessarily one after the other - but I'm hoping we'll eventually have all of Tamriel in this game.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"