Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calling this right now

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So we know in the upcoming chapter there will be dragons, as well as a return of Abnur Tharn, and many have talked about the possibility of spellcrafting as well.

So here are my hypotheses:

1. Dragons will be world boss events in the same vein as the Scorchbeast Queen in Fallout 76. A ton of people are going to be necessary to take it down, and it will have no defined aggro range cap; it will fly where people lead it.

2. Spellcrafting tablets will either be a) rare loot dropped from the above dragons, or b) a harvestable resource in the same vein as runestones; they'll come in various "types" and you'll need one of each type to craft a spell, which will be learnable like a motif page. Both tablets and the created spells could be tradeable/sellable.

3. Lastly, in the Abnur letter that's been posted, he talks about a solution to the Three Banners War. When we were clicking on the Twitch extension, if you clicked the flame button at the bottom and clicked "view details" it brought up a picture of glowing dots on a black background, but the glowing dots seemed to be arranged the same as points of interest on the Cyrodiil map from Oblivion. THEREFORE, I believe Tharn will use the Amulet of Kings to recreate the shape/map of Cyro as we know it from Oblivion, as opposed to the triangular map we currently see. This could be set in the context of a dragonbreak, or a separate timeline due to Tharn's use of the Amulet of Kings, or whatever. The end result is that the Three Banners War will continue on the current Cyro map, and Tharn's "solution" is to create another "version" of Cyro that has the shape of Cyro in Oblivion and will be PvE.
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saucy_Jack - very interesting thoughts/ideas.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell crafting would ruin the game, they have so many bugs already and that would add so many more.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

1. Dragons will be world boss events in the same vein as the Scorchbeast Queen in Fallout 76. A ton of people are going to be necessary to take it down, and it will have no defined aggro range cap; it will fly where people lead it.

Ah, so camped heavily in the first weeks, then good luck ever getting enough interested folks together. Great!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Ah, so camped heavily in the first weeks, then good luck ever getting enough interested folks together. Great!

Yeah they need something to keep drawing us back
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am starting to think the tablet has more to do with a One-Hand-and-Rune weapon skill line than spellcrafting. It could maybe be unlocked by completing/running the main expansion questline. Like Psijic.

Everyone is just assuming spellcrafting is a given.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    I am starting to think the tablet has more to do with a One-Hand-and-Rune weapon skill line than spellcrafting. It could maybe be unlocked by completing/running the main expansion questline. Like Psijic.

I like it. I hope that's how it lands.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Lastly, in the Abnur letter that's been posted, he talks about a solution to the Three Banners War. When we were clicking on the Twitch extension, if you clicked the flame button at the bottom and clicked "view details" it brought up a picture of glowing dots on a black background, but the glowing dots seemed to be arranged the same as points of interest on the Cyrodiil map from Oblivion. THEREFORE, I believe Tharn will use the Amulet of Kings to recreate the shape/map of Cyro as we know it from Oblivion, as opposed to the triangular map we currently see. This could be set in the context of a dragonbreak, or a separate timeline due to Tharn's use of the Amulet of Kings, or whatever. The end result is that the Three Banners War will continue on the current Cyro map, and Tharn's "solution" is to create another "version" of Cyro that has the shape of Cyro in Oblivion and will be PvE.

The "triangular" version of Cyrodiil is not the entirety of Cyrodiil. It's just the part of Cyrodiil we're allowed to play in currently (well, that and the Gold Coast). The rest of Cyrodiil is still there. There wouldn't need to be any magic or anything like that, since the triangular shape is a game thing, not a geography thing.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on January 11, 2019 3:28AM
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really good thoughts.. apart from spell crafting. With Necro, Dragons and Elsweyer, Spell crafting would be too much right now.
    Still, the dragon break theory I support!
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must know something hmmmm interested!
  • tamrielwinner
    tamrielwinner
    ✭✭✭
    spell crafting sounds interesting. i can't see those abilities being anything but niche, however, or they would be way too strong.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d say this is more likely. Spell crafting sounds too tricky. It would either be stupidly simple and underwhelming or nightmare to balance. Both things have been asked for a lot, they’re similar in some senses and a one hand and rune makes way more sense for ZOS to implement. It would also be easier to balance in terms of magicka and stamina morphs. I think that spell crafting would be too big an addition with the race changes already coming and whatever other big changes are in the pipeline.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we know in the upcoming chapter there will be dragons, as well as a return of Abnur Tharn, and many have talked about the possibility of spellcrafting as well.

2. Spellcrafting tablets will either be a) rare loot dropped from the above dragons, or b) a harvestable resource in the same vein as runestones; they'll come in various "types" and you'll need one of each type to craft a spell, which will be learnable like a motif page. Both tablets and the created spells could be tradeable/sellable.

Elaborate the Scorchbeast because I don't follow FO76. So a Skyrim Dragon times 10?
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

YES OMG.... A 100000000000000X YES.

I WANT THIS SKILL LINE SO BAD
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

That's why they make them easy to kill, with practice, but the drop rate for what you want requires that you kill it a million times.

My top thought is that it is a throw-away prop that has no meaning outside of the introduction quest. Only after that do I consider it to be related to a game system.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spell crafting will be similar to poison crafting. Combine ingredients to make a spell then add to weapon in place of enchants.

This is the laziest way for zos to do it. So if it happens that's my prediction
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Elaborate the Scorchbeast because I don't follow FO76. So a Skyrim Dragon times 10?

Think of a trial boss x10, independently roaming around the overworld. High-level adds spawn constantly during the fight. A close-knit team can bring it down, but even with top gear and skill it still takes a good long while.

Then again, for this to work they'd really need to rethink their "top 12 damage dealers are the only people who get loot" mechanic. Granted, they need to rethink that one anyways; it's a crappy mechanic.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Otragaimer
    Otragaimer
    Soul Shriven
    My predictions for 2019!

New Dragonrider class introduced.

Q1 - 2 new dungeons added to Cyrodiil. One where you need to have a Dragonrider to fly you through from boss to boss. The other is Slaughterfish Island (think Love Island but with slaughterfish) on the Panther River. Fight your way through Cyrodiil to get to the new dungeons!

Q2 - Cyrodiil expanded to include Leyawiin. 4th faction debuts led by Abnur Tharn. Random dragon events spawn all across Tamriel. Dragons! Dragons everywhere. With their flames setting fire to things. Run! Oh no, things are burning, don't die. Oh well. Dragons!

Q3 release is a Walking Adventuure set in Solstheim where you experience the heart-rending tale of love found and lost, tragedy and betrayal.

Q4 is Isle of the Sexy Indriks. Rescue Stibbons from the clutches of the sexy High Lady of the Indriks who has been reading up on the Centaurs of Valenwood and wants to experiment with the hapless personal assisant.

You heard it here first!
    (Alcohol may have had a hand in writing this post)
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m calling that each class will be able to craft another class’s spells and abilities, but the grind will be even more atrocious than jewelry craft.

Can’t wait to spell craft DK Wings for my StamSorc.

KeK
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SiAScORCH wrote: »
    Spell crafting would ruin the game, they have so many bugs already and that would add so many more.
    You must be a PvPer. The only people I've seen who are against adding new things to the game are PvPers who are afraid of upsetting "balance."
    Maybe I'm wrong ...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Otragaimer wrote: »
    My predictions for 2019!

New Dragonrider class introduced.

Q1 - 2 new dungeons added to Cyrodiil. One where you need to have a Dragonrider to fly you through from boss to boss. The other is Slaughterfish Island (think Love Island but with slaughterfish) on the Panther River. Fight your way through Cyrodiil to get to the new dungeons!

Q2 - Cyrodiil expanded to include Leyawiin. 4th faction debuts led by Abnur Tharn. Random dragon events spawn all across Tamriel. Dragons! Dragons everywhere. With their flames setting fire to things. Run! Oh no, things are burning, don't die. Oh well. Dragons!

Q3 release is a Walking Adventuure set in Solstheim where you experience the heart-rending tale of love found and lost, tragedy and betrayal.

Q4 is Isle of the Sexy Indriks. Rescue Stibbons from the clutches of the sexy High Lady of the Indriks who has been reading up on the Centaurs of Valenwood and wants to experiment with the hapless personal assisant.

You heard it here first!
    (Alcohol may have had a hand in writing this post)
    You spell surprisingly well for a drunk person.
    If I wrote that drunk, I'd write it more like:
    "New dunons addedto cyrokil! One where you need dragonsrider to gly you thru from boss to bosse! Teh other is sLouther Fish Island (think love fish .. ha ha but with flaughterfishes) on the PAnther rivr. I'm feeling sicknow"
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    The last one I would be suprised if they would do that, but it's not bad idea lets see what happens. Sometimes we all have that feeling in a gut that u kinda know what will happen, in this case u sharing that gut with us, thx :D
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting but i dont think accurate

I do agree the "war on dragons" will only be 1-2 and ill be contained to the story portion and possibly a trial

I am almost positive we arnt getting spell crafting. There is little to no evidence to back up it being added in the first place and the necromancer class is going to be the buy feature added.

personally im in the camp that tharns plan will outright fail, if not be the cause of the conflict we face. I dont think that any ingame effect outside of the story will occur. Most definitely not effecting cyro in anyway. They arnt going to add both elswyre and a pve cyro in one chapter. Pretty sure that zos's workload from zeni is already more than they can handle. them adding 2 new zones is really outside the realm of possibility. Yes cyro may exist and they dont have to design it but they would still have to fill it with a reason to be there. quests, things to do, npcs with dialog. Otherwise it would be another eyevea and when is the last time anyone has been there if 4 yrs. Im also not ruling out the possibility that the player themselves may have to stop tharn. Crazy necromancer that has discovered a source of power and wants to use it to change the world, definitely seems like something the player may have to shutdown. Especially if it involves dragons, dragon breaks or anything with time. Whatever happens tho it wont involve the amulet of kings. tharn himself told us it was depleted of power for the next hundred yrs at the end of the main quest
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭

3. Lastly, in the Abnur letter that's been posted, he talks about a solution to the Three Banners War. When we were clicking on the Twitch extension, if you clicked the flame button at the bottom and clicked "view details" it brought up a picture of glowing dots on a black background, but the glowing dots seemed to be arranged the same as points of interest on the Cyrodiil map from Oblivion. THEREFORE, I believe Tharn will use the Amulet of Kings to recreate the shape/map of Cyro as we know it from Oblivion, as opposed to the triangular map we currently see. This could be set in the context of a dragonbreak, or a separate timeline due to Tharn's use of the Amulet of Kings, or whatever. The end result is that the Three Banners War will continue on the current Cyro map, and Tharn's "solution" is to create another "version" of Cyro that has the shape of Cyro in Oblivion and will be PvE.[

Whatever it is. A flash in the Pan will interest few players and will bring no one back to the Game.
    Something that can be done in a week is futile in my opinion. However, if things are being made too difficult interest also will wane soon.

Dragons as world Bosses? really? As it has been said. They will be camped for a week and after that no one will care any longer.

Spell Crafting? Really? we do not have enough slots now for all the spells available. A few more bugged spells does not add anything to the game experience. In my opinion of course.

The Three Banners War? It is so old after four years that on it is... well, I want to vomit. Really.
    The Game needs an all new story line.

Good luck to us all.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more a given than a one-handed-plus-rune skill line.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proteinexe wrote: »
    Really good thoughts.. apart from spell crafting. With Necro, Dragons and Elsweyer, Spell crafting would be too much right now.
    Still, the dragon break theory I support!

It would be too much if Necromancer and Spellcrafting came at once.

Necromancer might be the Chapter feature, Spellcrafting an upcoming base game feature in Q1 or Q3.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    SiAScORCH wrote: »
    You must be a PvPer. The only people I've seen who are against adding new things to the game are PvPers who are afraid of upsetting "balance."
    Maybe I'm wrong ...

I'm not in favor of spellcrafting, and I NEVER pvp. I just think if they do it "right" it will be WAY OP the way it was in whichever earlier game had it (I admit I don't remember - been too long since I played whichever one it was apparently), or they will do it the "other way".... and it will be totally useless, and have taken up a lot of dev time and company money for nothing.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on January 13, 2019 12:07AM
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I think dragons will just end up being the same as regular world bosses though it would be nice to have a different way of engaging with WB's rather than just running a set route and killing them over and over again.
    Maybe we have to get a set number of tablets and have to summon them rather than having them auto re-spawning though sadly I could see this becoming dead very quickly if no enough people want to engage with the mechanic especially later on or after the expansion since its hard already enough getting more than a couple of people to a regular world boss spawn.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important question: why bother with them. If there are no loot incentives nobody will care for huge open world encounters. That's why most world bosses don't get killed.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting will be a mages guild grind combined with the jewelry crafting grind. Calling it.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we were clicking on the Twitch extension, if you clicked the flame button at the bottom and clicked "view details" it brought up a picture of glowing dots on a black background, but the glowing dots seemed to be arranged the same as points of interest on the Cyrodiil map from Oblivion.

Anyone have a picture of this?